Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

No Windows 9

  1. #81


    BELGIUM
    Posts : 503
    WINDOWS 8.1 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eatup View Post
    I'm very confused by a lot of comments here. Why would you abandon 7 when it looks so much better than 9?
    That is a matter of opinion
    I second that....please let's get serious....Windows 7.

    Normally those loving Windows 7 are die hards who loved XP

    In my opinion, MS did a good job with WIndows 8.1 and certainly with windows 10

    Jeff

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #82


    So wait! I'm not saying that we should all go back to Vista and 7. But are you seriously saying the those OSs were "uglier" than Windows 8x? Really?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #83


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    Windows 10 is just Windows 3.0.95.2000.xp.vista.millinium.8.8.1.10
    just big windows updates one after the other.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #84


    Some like the Modern look whereas some don't. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I thought it to be a refreshing change myself. Some like the polished aero glass and are fighting to get it back. I don't think it'll return.

    The return of the Start Menu in 10 is nothing but a mini combination of Start Screen and Apps screen. I think that's a compromise for those wanting it back and that's all MS will give. It's basically 8.1 with a new screen door on the front. They reversed the order of boot out of the box. It boots to the desktop and configurable to boot to the Start Screen, which is grayed out at the moment.

    Seems to me that they keep refining the kernel to make it smaller, more efficient, and safer at the same time. I think their ultimate goal is one OS across multiple devices. That's why the RT environment. From a business standpoint this would save millions in development.

    As soon as some geeks understand the business aspect of it all and that MS is no longer a "give me what I'm used to" company, the better off they'll be. Just my viewpoint for whatever it's worth.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #85


    Posts : 94
    Windows 7


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Seems to me that they keep refining the kernel to make it smaller, more efficient, and safer at the same time. I think their ultimate goal is one OS across multiple devices. That's why the RT environment. From a business standpoint this would save millions in development.
    What I'm having a hard time understanding is... What kind of apps really merit a cross-device interface beside something like WinRAR (in order to get companies to upgrade Windows)? There is no logical reason why someone would run a full-fledge desktop "app" on their phone.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #86


    Quote Originally Posted by eatup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Seems to me that they keep refining the kernel to make it smaller, more efficient, and safer at the same time. I think their ultimate goal is one OS across multiple devices. That's why the RT environment. From a business standpoint this would save millions in development.
    What I'm having a hard time understanding is... What kind of apps really merit a cross-device interface beside something like WinRAR (in order to get companies to upgrade Windows)? There is no logical reason why someone would run a full-fledge desktop "app" on their phone.
    Hi there. Depends on the size of the phone. I have a Nokia Lumia 1520, which is considered a phablet with a 6-inch screen that I run Office programs, IE, and all sorts of apps on. In fact I'm creating this post on my phone now. Although I can't attach a mobile keyboard on this model as of yet, but I'm hoping some day they'll add that feature. There are models that one can.

    Actually what is even more efficient is that I'm speaking this into a note app then copy/paste it into the forum text box. I'm hoping some day we'll be able to perform this anywhere. I can speak texts on this device also.

    I just posted on another thread that one out of 4 phones sold today are phablet size. Apple just released iPhone 6 Plus, which is a phablet phone. They are getting popular. A rather handy device that fits in my pocket. No need to carry around a tablet or laptop too. Phones aren't just phones anymore.

    And who says that apps have to run on a desktop? They are supposedly releasing Office in the Modern UI.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #87


    Posts : 3
    windows 7


    interesting. Hopefully their performance is better than the previous versions, especially in terms of counteracting virus.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #88


    Quote Originally Posted by rembul View Post
    interesting. Hopefully their performance is better than the previous versions, especially in terms of counteracting virus.
    Hello, remul. Welcome to Windows Eight Forums.

    Not quite understanding what you mean. Please expound.

    BTW, whatever .png pic you are trying to display will not work.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #89


    Microsoft is going more logical this time. Instead of atempting to bring RT into PCs, they bring Windows into phones.
    I agre with the development saving on this. Program Interfaces are completely different from one screen size to anohter, but core datas processing should be the same.
    In this process, it became obvious even at Microsoft that Windows had to be more efficient. Maybe they will realize that it has to be less bloated too.
    Ironicaly the smartphone boom is making old era desktop PCs better.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #90


    Posts : 13
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1


    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eatup View Post
    I'm very confused by a lot of comments here. Why would you abandon 7 when it looks so much better than 9?
    That is a matter of opinion
    I second that....please let's get serious....Windows 7.

    Normally those loving Windows 7 are die hards who loved XP

    In my opinion, MS did a good job with WIndows 8.1 and certainly with windows 10

    Jeff
    Not true.

    When I finally upgraded from Vista last year, I wanted to upgrade to Win 8.1 but the evaluation programme indicated my processor wouldn't run 8.1 for security reasons, so I upgraded to Win 7 instead.

    Getting a new laptop quite soon that comes with Win 8.1 Pro installed, but looking forward to Win 10 upgrade.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
No Windows 9
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook