Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8.1 Aug Update Released (KB2975719)

  1. #61


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I had 31 total on my desktop PC and my laptop. Both are running 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

    EDIT: I did them all in one shot including 5719. Non failed to install.
    All went fine for me too !


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #62


    Hasselt, Belgium
    Posts : 75
    Windows 8.1 Pro 32/64


    Well, my desktop system crashed after I finally received the update. And then, after install, a BSOD. It rebooted every time with only a blinking underscore at the left top of my screen.

    However, I had made an image of my HD at the beginning of the week, so I reinstalled this and let the updates run again. Strangely enough, this time, the update went well and my system is running now with all the updates installed.

    I can't explain why it worked the second time, but I'm glad it did.


    So, from now on, I'm going to make an image of my hard disk the day before Patch Tuesday as well. (I don't do this normally, but I had repartitioned my hard disk during the weekend, and that's why I had done a complete image of my drive. Lucky me... )
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #63


    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Mas View Post
    Well, my desktop system crashed after I finally received the update. And then, after install, a BSOD. It rebooted every time with only a blinking underscore at the left top of my screen.

    However, I had made an image of my HD at the beginning of the week, so I reinstalled this and let the updates run again. Strangely enough, this time, the update went well and my system is running now with all the updates installed.

    I can't explain why it worked the second time, but I'm glad it did.


    So, from now on, I'm going to make an image of my hard disk the day before Patch Tuesday as well. (I don't do this normally, but I had repartitioned my hard disk during the weekend, and that's why I had done a complete image of my drive. Lucky me... )
    Luck is for rabbits.....smart people do regular backups.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #64


    Posts : 10
    Windows 8 (ugh)


    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Luck is for rabbits.....smart people do regular backups.
    Which is an insane situation to be in. If I get infected by some malware from Russia then it quietly installs and runs in the background, stealing my credit card details. If I apply an official Microsoft update then it bluescreens my computer and makes it unusable. The malware is actually less destructive than Microsoft's updates. I shouldn't need to make a full system backup every time Microsoft releases an update to Windows.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #65


    Posts : 103
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit


    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #66


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Are any of you that are having issues, running third party a utility to get a Start Menu?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #67


    Quote Originally Posted by Error80070002 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Luck is for rabbits.....smart people do regular backups.
    Which is an insane situation to be in. If I get infected by some malware from Russia then it quietly installs and runs in the background, stealing my credit card details. If I apply an official Microsoft update then it bluescreens my computer and makes it unusable. The malware is actually less destructive than Microsoft's updates. I shouldn't need to make a full system backup every time Microsoft releases an update to Windows.
    MS doesn't steal your credit card information, so how is that more destructive?!

    Not sure about you, but the first 3 rules I was taught in computing was 1. Backup 2. Backup 3. Backup.

    Sometimes installing any software may break a system, so therefore backup. Mirroring is the best IMO. I'm sure many will back me on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Are any of you that are having issues, running third party a utility to get a Start Menu?
    Excellent question!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #68


    Quote Originally Posted by Error80070002 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Luck is for rabbits.....smart people do regular backups.
    Which is an insane situation to be in. If I get infected by some malware from Russia then it quietly installs and runs in the background, stealing my credit card details. If I apply an official Microsoft update then it bluescreens my computer and makes it unusable. The malware is actually less destructive than Microsoft's updates. I shouldn't need to make a full system backup every time Microsoft releases an update to Windows.
    I agree completely! I have backups, but MS should take some responsibility.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #69


    Quote Originally Posted by derek10 View Post
    Click image for larger version
    And screwing up your pc while undoing. I'm getting tired of this. Not just on one pc but on different ones from update to update.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #70


    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBurns View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Error80070002 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Luck is for rabbits.....smart people do regular backups.
    Which is an insane situation to be in. If I get infected by some malware from Russia then it quietly installs and runs in the background, stealing my credit card details. If I apply an official Microsoft update then it bluescreens my computer and makes it unusable. The malware is actually less destructive than Microsoft's updates. I shouldn't need to make a full system backup every time Microsoft releases an update to Windows.
    I agree completely! I have backups, but MS should take some responsibility.
    Agree with that too. MS has withdrawn updates in the past. They may have to here also. We'll see.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Windows 8.1 Aug Update Released (KB2975719)
Related Threads
Error 80070005 on update KB2975719 in Windows Updates & Activation
Hi all I've been installing Windows updates and have come across error 80070005 on update KB2975719. After research, Microsoft say it could be down to permissions (I am the only user on this computer and am the admin), they also suggest creating a .bat script (details here:...
Good morning, First of all I am a brand new user of Windows 8.1 after utilizing Windows 7 Pro on my former computer prior to it dying a few days ago. I am now using a HP Pavilion 23-g017c, Win 8.1 (x64), AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics and running Internet Explorer 11. I am currently...
New Flash Update Released in Windows 8 News
Flash version 15.0.0.239 released today. Also here for other systems. https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html See also: https://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/2871-latest-version-adobe-flash-player.html
Update kb2975719 failing in Windows Updates & Activation
When I install this update, it shows that it has been installed successfully. The veent viewer describes that it has been successfully installed but it is still not getting applied. During reboot, it shows that we were unable to configure the update. I have followed all the steps in the windows...
I can't install August update KB2975719! in Windows Updates & Activation
Hi As the title says I can't install that update at all in my desktop, the rest of them were installed successfully. I've tried three times to end with the same we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes error and Windows Update shows it as a failed with error code 800F0922. 48872 It...
Does anyone know what these update do? I have a friend who did the Important and Optional Windows Updates and now when he goes to the "Metro" window, the taskbar doesn't appear and disappear as it did before. It's now a permanent resident on the bottom of his monitor. He thinks this could be a...
Report: Windows 8.1 Update 1 to be released April 8th; MSDN gets it April 2nd Source A Guy
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook