Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8.1 consumers: It's time to move to Update 1

  1. #11


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by hawkman View Post
    ive just restored factory settings (OEM 8.0) install
    now when i ran the first tranche of updates 109 of them,
    system got to error message installation failed reverting changes,
    2/3 hours later finally reverted, ran WU troubleshooter and it fixed log corruptions wondering if this is part of MS's plan to move everybody up.
    Still working my way up to 8.1, SO WILL I GET ANY UPDATES???

    Was going to try by only running KB 2919355 not in the list AAAAAHH.

    Roy

    KB2919442 is required prior to 2919355, you can directly DL but they fail
    You need to be already be running 8.1 to apply update 1(kb2919355) You upgrade to Windows 8.1 though the Windows Store. I do believe the Store Upgrade to 8.1 now includes update 1.

    In any case you'll have to do the upgrade. Windows 8.1 - Update to from Windows 8 .

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    127.0.0.1
    Posts : 144
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64


    I finally got it to install. I was a real pain though.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Orange Park Florida
    Posts : 24
    Windows 8.1 Professional


    Quote Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
    Not for me, I'm out. Screwed up my system installing it, and I won't try it again. I'll hold until 9.
    Nine wont be out for a long while, heck 7 will be unsupported by the time 9 comes out..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Orange Park Florida
    Posts : 24
    Windows 8.1 Professional


    Quote Originally Posted by loveandpower View Post
    Makes you wonder when they will stop support for Vista/Windows 7 if they are going to stop supporting Windows 8 specifically.

    Either way though if you think about it from another standpoint these new operating systems are popping out just like cell phones/video cards. I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in late 2014/early to mid 2015 a new Windows OS comes out. I have read elsewhere that some rumors was that there would be a Windows 8.2 update and then a Windows 9 OS but nothing is verified from what I understand.
    Vista's support is about to end, like Ex's did...Windows 7 still has a good four years max..or shorter
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 176
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Windows8Gamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loveandpower View Post
    Makes you wonder when they will stop support for Vista/Windows 7 if they are going to stop supporting Windows 8 specifically.

    Either way though if you think about it from another standpoint these new operating systems are popping out just like cell phones/video cards. I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in late 2014/early to mid 2015 a new Windows OS comes out. I have read elsewhere that some rumors was that there would be a Windows 8.2 update and then a Windows 9 OS but nothing is verified from what I understand.
    Vista's support is about to end, like Ex's did...Windows 7 still has a good four years max..or shorter
    Windows 7 SP1 extended support 01/14/2020. Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Windows Help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Orange Park Florida
    Posts : 24
    Windows 8.1 Professional


    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Windows8Gamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loveandpower View Post
    Makes you wonder when they will stop support for Vista/Windows 7 if they are going to stop supporting Windows 8 specifically.

    Either way though if you think about it from another standpoint these new operating systems are popping out just like cell phones/video cards. I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in late 2014/early to mid 2015 a new Windows OS comes out. I have read elsewhere that some rumors was that there would be a Windows 8.2 update and then a Windows 9 OS but nothing is verified from what I understand.
    Vista's support is about to end, like Ex's did...Windows 7 still has a good four years max..or shorter
    Windows 7 SP1 extended support 01/14/2020. Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Windows Help
    Hmmm I was close
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 176
    Windows 8.1


    All my computers are updated to Windows 8.1 update 1 except the wife's laptop. She's happy with with Win 7 and I'm not going to touch it. A happy wife is a happy Life!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Orange Park Florida
    Posts : 24
    Windows 8.1 Professional


    Haha, question...is update one automatically update, I never got it? I think?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Quote Originally Posted by Windows8Gamer View Post
    Haha, question...is update one automatically update, I never got it? I think?
    If you are set to autoupdate it should be, just in case check what updates you have installed and maybe try to force looking for updates.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Hafnarfjörđur IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Hi there

    2020 for W7 expiration -- I'll be LONG retired by then -

    I doubt though if I'd still be using W7 by then --- probably though I'll STILL be using XP !!! -- I recut / make Vinyl's for order ill -- a great hobby even in retirement from Engineering / computers and quite profitable -- and my cutting software only works on XP !!! -- I neither need nor want to buy the new expensive stuff -- not worth it for me in the volume I make.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Windows 8.1 consumers: It's time to move to Update 1
Related Threads
Read more at: Businesses running Windows 8.1: It's time to move to 8.1 Update | ZDNet
hey so im looking to change the look of my browser and i figure the time calender and apps would look nice on the left side of the toolbar. is there any way? thanks
Read more at: Windows 8.1 users: It's time to move to Windows 8.1 Update | ZDNet
PC reboot time increased after Windows 8.1 update in Windows Updates & Activation
Hi My laptop reboot time has increased to a significant amount (about 15-20 secs, earlier it was < 5 secs) after I updated to Windows 8.1. I am talking about the time it takes to lock screen to appear after I power on the laptop not the time from logging in to desktop visibility. Still I have...
Microsoft's Windows 8.1 update lands at 12pm UK time today - The Inquirer Microsoft's Windows 8.1 update lands at 12pm UK time today
I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro and have had nothing but problems ever since. Programs that ran fine under Win 7 won't even load under Win 8. Programs like Internet Explorer won't load and even when you get it to load you will have multiple instances of it running. Windows Live Mail...
Ever since the Graphical User Interface was introduced, EVERY single folder by default, from mac to Windows, is in some kind of little details view with a little folder icon next to the folder name. Well, for the sake of Start Screen's visual approach, I think it would be best to go from Details...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook