Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


How to Update to Windows 8.1 Update on April 8th 2014

  1. #111


    It still tells me there's no updates available.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #112


    Texas
    Posts : 1,022
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IownAmoneyPit View Post
    Also offered this update after installing and restarting after the main large update.

    Attachment 41137
    Updated 08/04/2014? Living in the future, are we? Leave it to Microsoft!
    It's Day/Month/Year
    Oh. So, he's somewhere other than the US?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #113


    USA
    Posts : 689
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    The stand alone TechNet download for update 1 lists 6 updates. The only one I got though Windows update today was KB2919355. I just checked again and it lists No updates available. I already applied the leaked version so that may be why. Now I curious as to whether anybody else got more than just KB2919355.

    Winndows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows RT 8.1 Update
    Recommended Install Order
    1. KB2919442
    2. KB2919355
    3. KB2932046
    4. KB2937592
    5. KB2938439
    6. KB2949621
    Well I don't have server edition so the updates are going to be different but here's a list of what I got before being offered the update. The top half are for Office 2013, which I'm positive has nothing to do with the Windows 8.1 update....

    Click image for larger version

    After the update I got one more - KB2919355 which you already saw.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post

    Updated 08/04/2014? Living in the future, are we? Leave it to Microsoft!
    It's Day/Month/Year
    Oh. So, he's somewhere other than the US?
    Maybe cause mine is reversed as shown in the image below his
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #114


    22 minutes and now 81%.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #115


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAhab View Post
    It still tells me there's no updates available.
    Press the Windows Logo key and the pause/break key. Under "Windows Edition" Does it say Windows 8.0 or Windows 8.1? Update 1 is only for Windows 8.1.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #116


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAhab View Post
    It still tells me there's no updates available.
    Press the Windows Logo key and the pause/break key. Under "Windows Edition" Does it say Windows 8.0 or Windows 8.1? Update 1 is only for Windows 8.1.
    Lol, this is most definitely 8.1
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #117


    Texas
    Posts : 1,022
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    The stand alone TechNet download for update 1 lists 6 updates. The only one I got though Windows update today was KB2919355. I just checked again and it lists No updates available. I already applied the leaked version so that may be why. Now I curious as to whether anybody else got more than just KB2919355.

    Winndows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows RT 8.1 Update
    Recommended Install Order
    1. KB2919442
    2. KB2919355
    3. KB2932046
    4. KB2937592
    5. KB2938439
    6. KB2949621
    Well I don't have server edition so the updates are going to be different but here's a list of what I got before being offered the update. The top half are for Office 2013, which I'm positive has nothing to do with the Windows 8.1 update....

    Click image for larger version

    After the update I got one more - KB2919355 which you already saw.
    I got 25 of 'em before I got KB2919355, then two more after that. I've always made a habit of checking two or three times until I'm finally told there are no more updates. Sometimes Microsoft parses 'em out, which may be smart on their part.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #118


    After 29 minutes of downloading, it is now starting to install.
    My Pet rock moves faster !
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #119


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    The stand alone TechNet download for update 1 lists 6 updates. The only one I got though Windows update today was KB2919355. I just checked again and it lists No updates available. I already applied the leaked version so that may be why. Now I curious as to whether anybody else got more than just KB2919355.

    Winndows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows RT 8.1 Update
    Recommended Install Order
    1. KB2919442
    2. KB2919355
    3. KB2932046
    4. KB2937592
    5. KB2938439
    6. KB2949621
    Well I don't have server edition so the updates are going to be different but here's a list of what I got before being offered the update. The top half are for Office 2013, which I'm positive has nothing to do with the Windows 8.1 update....

    Click image for larger version

    After the update I got one more - KB2919355 which you already saw.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post

    It's Day/Month/Year
    Oh. So, he's somewhere other than the US?
    Maybe cause mine is reversed as shown in the image below his
    Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows RT 8.1 Update < the comma's mean Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. At least that's the way I read it. My KB2919355 download though Windows update was a lot smaller than the one in the update package from TechNet.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #120


    OK after 42 minutes I get this !
    Should I try again ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fail.PNG  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
How to Update to Windows 8.1 Update on April 8th 2014
Related Threads
Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 Update: April 2014 Note Windows Update may offer update 2919355 again even when the computer already has update 2919355 installed. This is expected, and is in order to resolve a Windows Update client issue. Windows Update only installs...
The Windows 8.1 Update will be released on April 8th 2014 via Windows Update. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKTlOYjmiZo
Read more at: Windows Phone 8.1 update available on April 14th | The Verge See also: See also: Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Hi there Title says it all --- I haven't even seen any leaks "at the usual places" yet --Ms really has got this one under wraps. (Of course who knows -- there could be last minute glitches with it). Cheers jimbo
Okey Dokey . . . I've been holding off updating to Windows 8.1 because of the "sleep issue" https://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28226-windows-8-1-refuses-sleep.html (it's a huge thread, folks). I was about ready to jump onto Windows 8.1 to see if the sleep and NumLock issues have...
Report: Windows 8.1 Update 1 to be released April 8th; MSDN gets it April 2nd Source A Guy
Source A Guy
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook