Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


automatically upgraded to Windows 8.1 for free

  1. #71


    Posts : 86
    Windows 8.1 Pro & OS X Mavericks


    Quote Originally Posted by Wds View Post
    It's Oct 17 ..... Still waiting ..

    So far .. NO link from MS store yet ...!!
    Are people really excited for Windows 8.1? I got Windows 8.1 since the beginning of October from my university for free. It's the same thing as Windows 8 with the exception of a start button. I don't see anything exciting about it but well whatever floats your boat.

    Okay I admit the boot speed is very impressive on an HDD disk (5-8 seconds). But other than that nothing else seems exciting.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #72


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Am i missing something here? How would it or can it be possible to do a clean install from an update if it was an ISO.It would need to be a Full version to do this.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #73


    Of course I am "excited", because with 8.1 I am finally able to deactivate these nasty annoying corners you always come with your mouse into and dont want to pop them up, so, wheres the 8.1 download link :/
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #74


    Covington, La
    Posts : 1,184
    Windows 7 HP 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64BIT


    Quote Originally Posted by dfgfgd View Post
    Of course I am "excited", because with 8.1 I am finally able to deactivate these nasty annoying corners you always come with your mouse into and dont want to pop them up, so, wheres the 8.1 download link :/
    Its not due for 8 more hours and will be available from the Store.

    Jim
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #75


    USA
    Posts : 689
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dfgfgd View Post
    Of course I am "excited", because with 8.1 I am finally able to deactivate these nasty annoying corners you always come with your mouse into and dont want to pop them up, so, wheres the 8.1 download link :/
    Its not due for 8 more hours and will be available from the Store.

    Jim
    I'm eagerly awaiting all the "it broke my machine posts"; those are always fun to read

    On the serious side, I'm curious to see what if any changes there are between the RTM and "final" release.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #76


    Covington, La
    Posts : 1,184
    Windows 7 HP 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64BIT


    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dfgfgd View Post
    Of course I am "excited", because with 8.1 I am finally able to deactivate these nasty annoying corners you always come with your mouse into and dont want to pop them up, so, wheres the 8.1 download link :/
    Its not due for 8 more hours and will be available from the Store.

    Jim
    I'm eagerly awaiting all the "it broke my machine posts"; those are always fun to read

    On the serious side, I'm curious to see what if any changes there are between the RTM and "final" release.
    It seams the "final" release is the same as the RTM but MS will release a large update to 8.1 through Windows Update to do all the fixes it has ready (658 fixes) and is called GA Rollup A. read about it here.

    http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/ga...windows-81-rtm

    Jim
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #77


    Posts : 86
    Windows 8.1 Pro & OS X Mavericks


    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post

    Its not due for 8 more hours and will be available from the Store.

    Jim
    I'm eagerly awaiting all the "it broke my machine posts"; those are always fun to read

    On the serious side, I'm curious to see what if any changes there are between the RTM and "final" release.
    It seams the "final" release is the same as the RTM but MS will release a large update to 8.1 through Windows Update to do all the fixes it has ready (658 fixes) and is called GA Rollup A. read about it here.

    http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/ga...windows-81-rtm

    Jim
    That is correct. Windows 8.1 RTM is the same as the "Retail" or final release. Many people already have Windows 8.1 so the only thing that they have to worry about is updating it through Windows Update. Glad I don't have to pay Microsoft a single dime for Windows since I get Microsoft software for free though my education. They already have enough money.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #78


    USA
    Posts : 689
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post

    Its not due for 8 more hours and will be available from the Store.

    Jim
    I'm eagerly awaiting all the "it broke my machine posts"; those are always fun to read

    On the serious side, I'm curious to see what if any changes there are between the RTM and "final" release.
    It seams the "final" release is the same as the RTM but MS will release a large update to 8.1 through Windows Update to do all the fixes it has ready (658 fixes) and is called GA Rollup A. read about it here.

    http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/ga...windows-81-rtm

    Jim
    Yeah I agree otherwise I wouldn't have installed it a few weeks back. I'm just waiting to see what else is coming in the name of fixes, particularly IE11.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #79


    So it's coming tomorrow not today? +24h? Ms site says 18th not 17th.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #80


    Posts : 62
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
automatically upgraded to Windows 8.1 for free
Related Threads
Just a curious thought, and I am unsure if it is possible, but has anyone had an installation of Windows Xp and Upgraded to Vista, then 7, then 8, and finally 8.1? Or is that not even possible. I am assuming not as the hardware has changed a bunch from 2001 to 2014 (Now).
Windows 8 & 8.1 Guide Books - free and almost free I want to recommend a couple of Windows 8 and 8.1 Guidebooks. I have both and they are really useful. ----- The first is a PDF offered by Dell and it's FREE. Here's the download link:
I stupidly upgraded from windows 8 to 8.1 thinking I was just accepting a windows update and everything was installed seemingly without any probs. however, I have been forced to create a Microsoft account during the install process which I did not want and now my computer makes me log in every...
Hi All, Recently I have upgraded my Lenovo G580 laptop from windows 8 to windows 8.1. After up-gradation Wifi is stop working. I have checked the WIFI device driver(Broadcom 802.11n) in device manger and it is showing working fine but in the Networks section the Wifi is showing disabled. I...
I have a brand new PC been using for last few days; which I just upgraded to a new SSD drive and a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro; manually installed all the drivers myself, and have been getting quite frequent daily BSOD crashes. Im really not familiar with Windows 8, so have been a struggle to...
Upgraded to Windows 8, insane RAM cache. in Performance & Maintenance
So, I recently upgraded to Windows 8. And I noticed I started having some issues with performance in games (stuttering, etc). My question was, is it normal for Windows to eventually cache all the RAM available? It started out at 1GB, then started creeping up and has never once gone down in size. ...
Hi, I came into possession of a quite powerful, but last-gen, PC that came installed with Windows XP Pro OEM. Now at the moment I can't afford to upgrade all the internal parts so I chucked in a new graphics card to help it along and I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro. My question is, in the future...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook