Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Microsoft makes latest Surface price cuts permanent

  1. #1

    Microsoft makes latest Surface price cuts permanent


    Microsoft has made previously temporary price-cut promotions for its Surface devices permanent.
    Starting August 29, Surface Pro, Touch Cover and Surface RT bundle price adjustments will begin to roll out all markets where Surface and Surface accessories are currently sold.
    Microsoft makes latest Surface price cuts permanent | ZDNet

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    I have lost track of the original pricing after all these announcements.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    I have lost track of the original pricing after all these announcements.
    I know what you mean but no matter what price I do not have a use for one knowing that they only have about a 3 year life span.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    seems they cut the keyboard also, originally the good keyboard was $139 now it is $89
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    i still think $799.99 is still too much money for the surface pro tablet with 128gb HD when you can purchase a reg laptop with 500 to 1tg for that price
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
    i still think $799.99 is still too much money for the surface pro tablet with 128gb HD when you can purchase a reg laptop with 500 to 1tg for that price
    Those were my thoughts every time I looked at one. I personally don't need a tablet that powerful, not for what I'd use it for. If I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd rather get a laptop, and that's what I did.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
    i still think $799.99 is still too much money for the surface pro tablet with 128gb HD when you can purchase a reg laptop with 500 to 1tg for that price
    Those were my thoughts every time I looked at one. I personally don't need a tablet that powerful, not for what I'd use it for. If I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd rather get a laptop, and that's what I did.
    That's kinda like me. I use a tablet for the brain dead stuff where I unzip my skull and put the contents on the table. Or as an eReader, nothing more. For serious work it's a high performance laptop every time.

    -jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Microsoft makes latest Surface price cuts permanent
Related Threads
Read the rest here:Microsoft Cuts Windows 8.1 Price by 70% to Counter Google
Microsoft Cuts Windows 8 Price to $49 (?36.5) in China
microsoft-cuts-surface-pro-tablet-prices-by-$100
Read more at: Microsoft said to be planning Surface RT price cut | Internet & Media - CNET News
Microsoft Surface price in Drivers & Hardware
Read more HERE
Source I saw a contest where the estimated retail price of the Surface RT being given away was listed as $350. A Guy
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook