Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Which Web browser crashes the most?

  1. #1


    Posts : 22,576
    64-bit Windows 10

    Which Web browser crashes the most?


    Sauce Labs, an Internet software testing and development company, specializes in automated testing for mobile and Web applications by delivering a test environment that accommodates over 150 browsers, operating systems, and device platforms. In the course of all that testing they've gotten to know which ones break the most and which ones break the least. Now, for the second time, Sauce is revealing which browsers can stand the test of the Web and which ones buckle under the strain.
    Read more at: Which Web browser crashes the most? | ZDNet

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    When my Firefox says "This is embarrassing...", that's an exception...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    That survey says things which do not apply to me.

    Chrome & IE 10 constantly crashed on me.
    Bad Browsers IMO.

    Opera Stable ---
    Version: 15.0.1147.153

    gives me no problems at all.

    I saw in the survey he was talking about Opera 12.
    I did have some issues with version 12.

    Since upgrading to version 15, I'm as happy as a hog eating warm mash.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Sloe Deth, Californicatia
    Posts : 3,908
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7


    Firefaux appears to b the best browser. So why do I hate it's guts? I love Chrome.

    Opera? Opera is Good, but I've never used it as extensively as Chrome or IE.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 446
    Win 8 64-bit


    Shame they didn't do a breakdown to show what caused the crashes.

    I know I can get IE10 to crash on demand, but not sure whether it's a browser issue or website issue. For example the drop down boxes on the Anandtech website will cause IE to crash every single time.

    Here's an example, go to the following Samsung SSD review page, scroll to the bottom of the first page article content (underneath the gallery pics, but before the comments section) and select another page from the drop-down menu. IE10 Desktop will crash every single time and log a MSHTML.dll APPCRASH fault.

    AnandTech | Samsung SSD 840 EVO Review: 120GB, 250GB, 500GB, 750GB & 1TB Models Tested
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Quote Originally Posted by ARC1020 View Post
    Shame they didn't do a breakdown to show what caused the crashes.

    I know I can get IE10 to crash on demand, but not sure whether it's a browser issue or website issue. For example the drop down boxes on the Anandtech website will cause IE to crash every single time.

    Here's an example, go to the following Samsung SSD review page, scroll to the bottom of the first page article content (underneath the gallery pics, but before the comments section) and select another page from the drop-down menu. IE10 Desktop will crash every single time and log a MSHTML.dll APPCRASH fault.

    AnandTech | Samsung SSD 840 EVO Review: 120GB, 250GB, 500GB, 750GB & 1TB Models Tested
    I have tried all the pages on that dropdown menu, not a single crash, using IE10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 446
    Win 8 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ARC1020 View Post
    Shame they didn't do a breakdown to show what caused the crashes.

    I know I can get IE10 to crash on demand, but not sure whether it's a browser issue or website issue. For example the drop down boxes on the Anandtech website will cause IE to crash every single time.

    Here's an example, go to the following Samsung SSD review page, scroll to the bottom of the first page article content (underneath the gallery pics, but before the comments section) and select another page from the drop-down menu. IE10 Desktop will crash every single time and log a MSHTML.dll APPCRASH fault.

    AnandTech | Samsung SSD 840 EVO Review: 120GB, 250GB, 500GB, 750GB & 1TB Models Tested
    I have tried all the pages on that dropdown menu, not a single crash, using IE10
    That's odd, as it's always crashed with me on both laptop and desktop since installing Windows 8 last year. It crashes and logs the following:

    Event 1000, Application Error
    Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 10.0.9200.16660
    Faulting module name: MSHTML.dll, version: 10.0.9200.16660
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSHTML.dll


    I just assumed the guys monitoring Windows Error Reporting were a bit slow, but as it doesn't happen to you I decided to have a quick play and I've just realised it only happens if I have Enhanced Protected Mode switched on (Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Enable Enhanced Protection Mode). Oh well, maybe it will be fixed when Windows 8.1 is released.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 22
    windows 8.1 pro X64


    the article is wrong a bit IMO , i've lately had crashes and lag + (firefox not responding ) on firefox while chrome working like charm ( dev version ) without single crash since like 6 months ( i was having some crashes bcuz of IDM integration since they fixed it i had no crash whatsoever on chrome dev version )
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Quote Originally Posted by ARC1020 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ARC1020 View Post
    Shame they didn't do a breakdown to show what caused the crashes.

    I know I can get IE10 to crash on demand, but not sure whether it's a browser issue or website issue. For example the drop down boxes on the Anandtech website will cause IE to crash every single time.

    Here's an example, go to the following Samsung SSD review page, scroll to the bottom of the first page article content (underneath the gallery pics, but before the comments section) and select another page from the drop-down menu. IE10 Desktop will crash every single time and log a MSHTML.dll APPCRASH fault.

    AnandTech | Samsung SSD 840 EVO Review: 120GB, 250GB, 500GB, 750GB & 1TB Models Tested
    I have tried all the pages on that dropdown menu, not a single crash, using IE10
    That's odd, as it's always crashed with me on both laptop and desktop since installing Windows 8 last year. It crashes and logs the following:

    Event 1000, Application Error
    Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 10.0.9200.16660
    Faulting module name: MSHTML.dll, version: 10.0.9200.16660
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSHTML.dll


    I just assumed the guys monitoring Windows Error Reporting were a bit slow, but as it doesn't happen to you I decided to have a quick play and I've just realised it only happens if I have Enhanced Protected Mode switched on (Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Enable Enhanced Protection Mode). Oh well, maybe it will be fixed when Windows 8.1 is released.
    Yes, you might be right, I haven't enabled "Enhanced Protected Mode".
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    Ie 10 crashes more for me than Firefox. But I like ie 10 on windows 8 only. I do not use ie 10 on windows 7. I find it crashed way to much on my test computer and many of my clients so I reverted them back to ie 9 which hardly crashes at all
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which Web browser crashes the most?
Related Threads
for the past week or so i have had crashes occurring 30 minutes to 3 hours into having the system on. i have no idea how to read these log files, any assistance is appreciated. these crashes did not occur beforehand, and they seem to be a software issue. i get a pop up error message a split second...
Which Browser Do You Use? in Browsers & Mail
Out of curiosity, which Web Browser do you use on your Windows 8 computer/tablet?
YouTube Crashes Chrome Browser in Browsers & Mail
Is there a definitive fix for this issue? YouTube videos crash Chrome each and every time. The videos play perfectly in Internet Explorer. Please help. Thank you.
Best Browser For Win 8 in Browsers & Mail
I have had it with IE, somethings I want to do it wont let me, the settings are naff too. I have also had it with Firefox, it does not 'fit' anymore. Chrome is on its way out too, it wont let me cut and paste off the net, an important part of my hobby. I am currently trialing lunarscape6 on my...
Solved Flash, Silverlight, Browser Crashes, and BSOD in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
In the last 12 hrs have started seeing multiple crashes of flash, silverlight, the browser (Firefox and IE), and a couple of BSOD. System has been stable to this point. I'm afraid it's a memory or cpu issue, but here's my SF report. Appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, Update:...
Hi guys, as the title says really. I installed windows 8 pro from 7 about 5 days ago, since then, I have had quite a few drivers problems, for my usb 3.0 drivers, built in wifi on my motherboard and quite a few errors in event viewer. My internet was 15mbs with windows 7 and now varys from...
Browser Crashes on Windows 8 in Software and Apps
Hey guys, I've spent a couple of days installing and uninstalling several different browsers trying to get around compatibility issues with Windows 8. Chrome, Firefox and IE all freeze up (not responding) when viewing flash sites. In general, the performance of all browsers on Windows 8 has been...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook