Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Users tell Microsoft: We hate Windows 8 touchscreen PCs

  1. #61


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Who's who in disputing facts? You guys just can't accept that the public at large don't want touch and no matter what criticism is levelled you justify M$.
    Yeah, right I'm working for MS, that's why I can not afford a touch screen. I WANT one, please send me the one that they forced you to use it, you can go back to DOS and everybody happy.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #62


    Australia
    Posts : 716
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM


    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Who's who in disputing facts? You guys just can't accept that the public at large don't want touch and no matter what criticism is levelled you justify M$.
    Yeah, right I'm working for MS, that's why I can not afford a touch screen. I WANT one, please send me the one that they forced you to use it, you can go back to DOS and everybody happy.
    Good cover story! Where exactly did I say I was being forced to use a touch screen?

    And besides, you post a quote on what I said about you guys not facing the fact that public at large don't want touch, but then reply to a totally irrelevant topic not related to the quote. That's what I call avoiding the issue with a red herring.

    What's more you say you have no touch screen but claim it doesn't tire your arms reaching out to it all the time. How do you know unless you're using one???

    Do M$ allow you to trial one ... which means you work for them!
    Last edited by Mustang; 16 Aug 2013 at 07:25.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #63


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Who's who in disputing facts? You guys just can't accept that the public at large don't want touch and no matter what criticism is levelled you justify M$.
    Yeah, right I'm working for MS, that's why I can not afford a touch screen. I WANT one, please send me the one that they forced you to use it, you can go back to DOS and everybody happy.
    Good cover story! Where exactly did I say I was being forced to use a touch screen?



    And besides, you post a quote on what I said about you guys not facing the fact that public at large don't want touch, but then reply to a totally irrelevant topic not related to the quote.

    What's more you say you have no touch screen but claim it doesn't tire your arms reaching out to it all the time. How do you know unless M$ allow you to trial one ... which means you work for them!
    4WD said something about being forced to use touch screen, I answered that post and you were out of that picture at the time until you dropped the line about me working for MS (with their salary I wish I did) but sorry. I'm retired now.
    No I did not get a touch screen from MS, just went to a store and tried it, and it was good.
    Yes I do wash my hands often and clean keyboard with alcohol and so would a touch screen and no, no ill effects yet.
    So what if some people from "public" do not want a TS, I'm also part of "public" and I do want one and so do many more. Actually so many do, that they make them and sell them, would they do that if nobody or very small numbers want them.
    All said and done, maybe you should chill out a bit and don't go accusing people of doing something they don't do and/or did not address you personally.
    As far as I understand this is a place for an open discussion and there is no place for personal insults.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #64


    Australia
    Posts : 716
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM


    @CountMike. If you read my previous post I said there is a place for touch screens ... tablets, mobile phones. But not for desktop or laptop. So you're misquoting me again.

    Trying a touch screen in a store is not the same as sitting at a desk for 4 or 5 hours.

    Nobody said anything about people not wanting them ... only the fact of them being rejected at large by people using M$ touch screens.

    Nobody accused you of anything, just the question mooted, because no matter what arguments are raised against M$ you defend them.

    Totally chilled here, any colder and I'd be an ice berg!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #65


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Who's who in disputing facts? You guys just can't accept that the public at large don't want touch and no matter what criticism is levelled you justify M$.
    The public at large uses touch screen a lot, such as smartphones and tablets, where they do want touch.

    Touch is not mandatory for the Windows 8 desktop, with Windows 8.1 one can boot directly into the desktop. The public at large can keep using the mouse and people who like the touch even on the desktop/laptop can use touch screen. It is a choice that is up to the end user....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #66


    Posts : 120
    Windows 8.1 + StartIsBack + AeroGlass


    Quote Originally Posted by Cr00zng View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Who's who in disputing facts? You guys just can't accept that the public at large don't want touch and no matter what criticism is levelled you justify M$.
    The public at large uses touch screen a lot, such as smartphones and tablets, where they do want touch.

    Touch is not mandatory for the Windows 8 desktop, with Windows 8.1 one can boot directly into the desktop. The public at large can keep using the mouse and people who like the touch even on the desktop/laptop can use touch screen. It is a choice that is up to the end user....
    Touch may not be mandatory, but Windows 8 touch UI is. There is no such choice. Bits and pieces of such touch UI are woven throughout the system, whether you like it or not.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #67


    Australia
    Posts : 716
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM


    Quote Originally Posted by Cr00zng View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Who's who in disputing facts? You guys just can't accept that the public at large don't want touch and no matter what criticism is levelled you justify M$.
    The public at large uses touch screen a lot, such as smartphones and tablets, where they do want touch.

    Touch is not mandatory for the Windows 8 desktop, with Windows 8.1 one can boot directly into the desktop. The public at large can keep using the mouse and people who like the touch even on the desktop/laptop can use touch screen. It is a choice that is up to the end user....
    You have ignored the first part of my post:

    @CountMike. If you read my previous post I said there is a place for touch screens ... tablets, mobile phones. But not for desktop or laptop. So you're misquoting me again.
    You also ignore the statistics claimed in the opening post of this thread:

    New research from IDC shows that as few as 10% of all laptops sold this year will sport a touchscreen.
    At no point have I said that nobody will like them or use them. But if the IDC research is correct they are rejected at large by the users of laptops ... and even more so by desktop computers. Just for the record, how many persons do you know personally that use a touch screen on a laptop or desktop?

    And please don't reply that they have only just come out or people can't afford them, because if they can't afford them then they are de facto rejected.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #68


    Quote Originally Posted by mcnulty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cr00zng View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Who's who in disputing facts? You guys just can't accept that the public at large don't want touch and no matter what criticism is levelled you justify M$.
    The public at large uses touch screen a lot, such as smartphones and tablets, where they do want touch.

    Touch is not mandatory for the Windows 8 desktop, with Windows 8.1 one can boot directly into the desktop. The public at large can keep using the mouse and people who like the touch even on the desktop/laptop can use touch screen. It is a choice that is up to the end user....
    Touch may not be mandatory, but Windows 8 touch UI is.
    How so?

    Let's put aside that I actually like the start screen for opening Windows applications, not apps, applications...

    You can boot to the desktop directly with Windows 8.1, that looks pretty much like W7, sans the start menu. Where's touch UI that you're referring to?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #69


    That's good, like icebergs, they are cool. Been on one in Canada's north. Like Mustangs too, had a 1970 and a 1971 Boss, 351C. 4BBL, 4Bm Mach1. Flu as a passenger on a two seater trainer Mustang at Hamilton (Canada) air show sometime '80s.
    But I still like touch screen, played with it couple of hours in that store, they had to pry me of it when store was closing. Have a friend that got Carpal Tunnel syndrome from using mouse wrong way and too long at a time, can't imagine a TS being worse.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #70


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    At no point have I said that nobody will like them or use them. But if the IDC research is correct they are rejected at large by the users of laptops ... and even more so by desktop computers. Just for the record, how many persons do you know personally that use a touch screen on a laptop or desktop?
    Just for the record....

    Other than you, how many people you know, who don't understand that touch isn't mandatory for Windows 8 desktops and having choices is good?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Users tell Microsoft: We hate Windows 8 touchscreen PCs
Related Threads
Read more at: Microsoft offers users $100 toward Windows 8 devices with XP trade-in offer | ZDNet
I got nervous after 3 failed attempts to install the new preview, so I pulled all my Intel C600 HD controller drivers and let Windows install native drivers (read it on another forum). Guess what? It did not do squat. Hate it! So now I'm thinking what if I have a hardware issue? I need to be...
Read more at: Microsoft's Windows 8.1: When will users get the final bits? | ZDNet
Microsoft: 80 Percent of Windows 8 Users Will Have Touchscreens I don't think so.
Users tell Microsoft, keep your Windows 8 Metro apps, we don't want them Users tell Microsoft, keep your Windows 8 Metro apps, we don't want them | Computerworld Blogs
A very interesting article that summarizes a lot of the elements we have been discussing here. Will 90 percent of users always hate Windows 8? | ZDNet
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook