Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview Now Available

  1. #11


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    Download x32 & x64 in 10 minutes here.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 1,093
    Windows 8 Pro Windows 8.1 Preview


    Quote Originally Posted by acr731 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustATest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I do believe you'd need to already be running 8 Enterprise to update to the 8.1 enterprise beta.
    Are you referring to an actual Beta (as in released after Preview) because I can not find any such requirement to download and install the Enterprise Preview:

    Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview - System Requirements | TechNet


    I downloaded the ISO and just finished a clean install, and I used the key that was available on the download site. I was never asked about an existing Win8 product code or key. The final release might ask for one, though. I wasn't using Win8 Enterprise either.
    Thanks for that information.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 142
    Win 7 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by JustATest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by acr731 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustATest View Post

    Are you referring to an actual Beta (as in released after Preview) because I can not find any such requirement to download and install the Enterprise Preview:

    Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview - System Requirements | TechNet


    I downloaded the ISO and just finished a clean install, and I used the key that was available on the download site. I was never asked about an existing Win8 product code or key. The final release might ask for one, though. I wasn't using Win8 Enterprise either.
    Thanks for that information.

    Any time. FYI, the key wasn't needed during install like the regular 8.1 preview, but you needed it for activation.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by JustATest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I do believe you'd need to already be running 8 Enterprise to update to the 8.1 enterprise beta.
    Are you referring to an actual Beta (as in released after Preview) because I can not find any such requirement to download and install the Enterprise Preview:

    Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview - System Requirements | TechNet
    Ops, my bad, that would only apply to the final release. I got ahead of myself. The preview looks to be a free trial type of deal.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric
    They'll want to update their Windows To Go installs. I set one up but haven't really used it all that much.
    No upgrade path for Windows To Go, clean install only.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric
    They'll want to update their Windows To Go installs. I set one up but haven't really used it all that much.
    No upgrade path for Windows To Go, clean install only.
    I was thinking it might be that way, that's why I said update instead of upgrade. I don't have Enterprise installed on a PC anymore. I only installed it long enough to create a Windows To Go drive. I'm not sure I'm going to bother setting up a new one, I hardly ever use it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    N. Calif
    Posts : 2,583
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 Pro (tablet), W10 (laptop)


    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Download x32 & x64 in 10 minutes here.
    Dang! My x64 download has been running for almost 3 hours and I'm currently at 42%...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    USA, Idaho
    Posts : 1,062
    Win 8, (VM win7, XP, Vista)


    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Download x32 & x64 in 10 minutes here.
    Dang! My x64 download has been running for almost 3 hours and I'm currently at 42%...
    50 mbs = 7 minutes for a 3.4 g OS, loving it. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Hafnarfjrur IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Hi there
    W 8.1 to go works -- use the same link as W8 to go to create a NON Certified W8 to go (i.e use ANY external USB device --I've got mine on a spare SSD).

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Every time I try to download the preview the download manager starts, but no matter which location I choose to save the ISO I get a popup that says "Please try again to a different location."

    Any ideas?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview Now Available
Related Threads
I have 8.1 iso on a bootable usb and whenever i press the option to keep my files and settings, i get this message. I tried following it but it still appears. So i tried running the setup.exe (from the iso) when my windows is booted up, the only option i get to pick to keep something is " keep...
How to Hide or Show Preview Handlers in Preview Pane in Windows The preview pane can be used to see the contents of a file, such as an Office document, without opening it in an app. Preview handlers show the content of files (ex: text files) in the preview pane. Turning off preview handlers...
Hi there worked exactly as "It said on the tin". Ran the .exe file from the ISO (using the virtual mounter system in W8.1 (W8 has this too). Gave me the option to keep applications and settings (Didn't on RTM). Installed fine -- you need to DISCONNECT from the Internet at Ms account...
Read more at: Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview, hands on: Much more than a service pack | ZDNet Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview
Hi does anyone know when Windows 8.1 Preview for Enterprise will be available ?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook