Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


The Windows 8.1 Preview Start Button Is an 的nsult to...

  1. #11


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    Quote Originally Posted by vrosa View Post
    It's an insult to our intelligence !

    Absolutely right. If MS continues down that path they will lose a lot of customers - me for one.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Ohio
    Posts : 473
    Windows 8 Pro


    Actually, I don't miss the start button. I like Windows 8 as it is. But the start button on 8.1 is not the start button as we know it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    I think you all knew what it was going to be before the release. So what's new?

    You may want to try Wenda's solution here: www.eightforums.com/showthread.php?t=4506

    I'm on my phone so I cannot see her post number. It's towards the end.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    LOL. There is no "solution" to flicking the V.

    MS is behaving very strangely. It is funny, for sure, but it could cost them dear.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Australia
    Posts : 716
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM


    Psychiatric definition of delusion: A belief held ... (by M$) ... in the face of all evidence to the contrary, that is resistant to all reason.

    In the light of the exponential growth of mobile devices, and the consequent slowing down of traditional desktop PCs. And the fact that W8 has not exactly been a smash hit in the mobile market. And the depressed economic clime. It seems like insanity that M$ would not be doing all within their power to preserve their existing base of traditional desktop users. Rather than seeming hell bent on totally disenchanting them

    Which seriously begs the question: Is there a mole inside the upper management of M$, whose dedicated purpose is to torpedo the company? Ballmer?

    Or maybe we're delusional in thinking MS are capable of any rational response to consumer feedback?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    I think you all knew what it was going to be before the release. So what's new?

    You may want to try Wenda's solution here: Post your Start Screen!

    I'm on my phone so I cannot see her post number. It's towards the end.
    Fair point. But I want an OS, not a Heath Kit.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Ohio
    Posts : 473
    Windows 8 Pro


    I'm going to say something here but I'm only surmising and Could be wrong. So I'm going to ask that instead of dismissing it right away,to just think about it with an open mind. Now you've got to use your imagination. So let's just try to imagine that when Windows 95 was first released it would have had the same interface and everything would have worked much like Windows 8 is right now. Then all new releases after that would have had basically the same interface. Then early this year they would have released something that looked like and worked like Windows 7. I would guess that a lot of users would complain because Microsoft had the audacity to change something that was the normal way of using Windows. Now, knowing human nature, just think about it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 376
    W8.1, W7


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Psychiatric definition of delusion: A belief held ... (by M$) ... in the face of all evidence to the contrary, that is resistant to all reason.
    Excellent. lol++
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    I'm going to say something here but I'm only surmising and Could be wrong. So I'm going to ask that instead of dismissing it right away,to just think about it with an open mind. Now you've got to use your imagination. So let's just try to imagine that when Windows 95 was first released it would have had the same interface and everything would have worked much like Windows 8 is right now. Then all new releases after that would have had basically the same interface. Then early this year they would have released something that looked like and worked like Windows 7. I would guess that a lot of users would complain because Microsoft had the audacity to change something that was the normal way of using Windows. Now, knowing human nature, just think about it.
    We did have something like Metro it was called DOS with Norton commander the only difference was the rectangles were text. Then we got Windows.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    USA, Idaho
    Posts : 1,062
    Win 8, (VM win7, XP, Vista)


    . . .same thing, just another day. . ."Oh Mama Look At What They None To My Song. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
The Windows 8.1 Preview Start Button Is an 的nsult to...
Related Threads
Solved Windows Start Button is Gone in General Support
Today I upgraded to Windows 8.1 (I think that's the version). I was pretty much forced to do the update. Now, my start button is completely gone and replaced with something that takes me to the Windows 8 screen, which I absolutely hate, because I can't control anything on it. I have installed a...
I've used Quick Launch for several years, since it came out in Windows XP (I think). Someone here was kind enough to point me to creating the Programs toolbar. And, although mention has been given both of these toolbars, I've noticed quite a few new folks lately, so I thought I'd point them to the...
Read more at source: Windows 8.1 Start button may not offer actual Start menu | Microsoft - CNET News
Hello guys Can you tell me How To create a start button shortcut to get to start menu in the taskbar. So that we don't need to click the invisible place in the taskbar And there would be a button on which we will click to go to the metro ui start menu. (This would help windows 8 to look great..) ...
I want to know if its possible to have the start button installed and still have the window key take you back to metro start. The problem I am having is that with start button installed, windows key always defaults to the start button I installed instead of metro start... What am I doing wrong? ...
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and fairly new to Windows 8, which I've been using from the desktop as I can't get on with the Start menu and its tiles. Not using Start8. Anyway, I was using the desktop taskbar with its Start button and Show desktop button and today they have both disappeared. How...
Windows 8 Start Button in Customization
Okay, so I am really new here, and I would like to say hi. My name is Ali, and I live in Virginia. I go to High School, and I plan to be a programmer in either Java or C#. Anyways, my question is, is there any way to get a start button on Windows 8. I hate having to go a folder to access My...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook