Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8.1 preview ISO's to be released by Microsoft

  1. #51


    ^ Nah, it's going to take about 40 minutes total to complete the download. I'm 1.5GB done of the 3.5GB file and it shows 16 minutes remains.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #52


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andyparks View Post
    is it because im from the uk not the us
    Only thing I can think of is Region/Country?
    Microsoft bull again
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #53


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    ^ Nah, it's going to take about 40 minutes total to complete the download. I'm 1.5GB done of the 3.5GB file and it shows 16 minutes remains.


    One thing about this Modern/Metro way is that it doesn't say how much data.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #54


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    One thing about this Modern/Metro way is that it doesn't say how much data.
    Yeah, that does stink. Oh well, I'm doing it old school, as that is the method i prefer.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #55


    Posts : 53
    Quad Boot Windows 8.1 Pro Preview®x64 Windows 8 Pro®x64 Windows 7 Ultimate®x64 Ubuntu 13.04®x64


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I ran the update.. the computer rebooted.. when it started back up it told me the update was successful and to go to the store to complete the update.

    But I can't find it in the store... any ideas?
    Try Windows 8.1 in search?
    No dice... this blows.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the update and everything goes fine except when I go to the store there's nothing there for 8.1
    No luck with the search either. Thanks though. Any other ideas?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #56


    how comes Microsoft didn't say it wouldn't be available in the uk
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #57


    Quote Originally Posted by andyparks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andyparks View Post
    is it because im from the uk not the us
    Only thing I can think of is Region/Country?
    Microsoft bull again
    Oh now Andy! It's only one of the few times it pays to be an American!

    Hang in there! Perhaps in a few hours when the servers cool down you'll get your chance.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #58


    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I ran the update.. the computer rebooted.. when it started back up it told me the update was successful and to go to the store to complete the update.

    But I can't find it in the store... any ideas?
    Try Windows 8.1 in search?
    No dice... this blows.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the update and everything goes fine except when I go to the store there's nothing there for 8.1
    No luck with the search either. Thanks though. Any other ideas?
    Is there not a banner across your Start Screen questioning whether to update after reboot? Please see post #15 here: https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...d-install.html
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #59


    en-gb isn't on the list of supported languages... no 8.1 for me :-(
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #60


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andyparks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post

    Only thing I can think of is Region/Country?
    Microsoft bull again
    Oh now Andy! It's only one of the few times it pays to be an American!

    Hang in there! Perhaps in a few hours when the servers cool down you'll get your chance.
    Good luck to you Tony, as for me, it's a total disappointment
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Windows 8.1 preview ISO's to be released by Microsoft
Related Threads
Mozilla Firefox for Windows 8 Consumer Preview Released for Download
6340 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM5pFkNQ7no&feature=player_embedded Windows 8 Downloads - Windows 8 Release Preview ISO formats Key - TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF
7831 Download Office 2013 Customer Preview Today Office 2013 Preview Resource Kit Deployment guide for Office 2013 Preview
3361 Downloads - Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO's - Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO formats See also: https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/3997-windows-8-consumer-preview-download.html
Only works on Windows 8 dev preview. Not Windows 7. The Fourth IE10 Platform Preview
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook