Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8.1 preview ISO's to be released by Microsoft

  1. #21


    Quote Originally Posted by echrada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Please, quoting Neowin is like quoting "MacRumors". . .
    Why not give the member his due for trying to do some good? I have started to dislike the way people are getting put down on forums by the 'elder' forum members!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #22


    Posts : 207
    Windows 8.1 update 1 Pro X64 with WMC


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing it.
    hope it will change your mind about windows 8
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #23


    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing it.
    hope it will change your mind about windows 8
    But then it will be 8.1, not 8 !

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #24


    South Coast NSW, Australia
    Posts : 615
    Windows 8.1 'Ultimate' RTM 64 bit (Pro/WMC).


    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing it.
    hope it will change your mind about windows 8
    It won't, because I don't (and haven't) have a problem with Win 8 per se.

    But MS have addressed things that I have no, or less than no interest in (cloud, that stupid integrated search etc) but appear to have brought nothing to the table for desktop users. The only thing that appeals to me is the new 'small' tiles, but apparently they can't be used on 'real' programs, only 'apps'.

    And no, that half-a$$ed 'start button' doesn't qualify, I consider it to be patronizing, and insulting. Classic Shell better still work on 8.1, and Sky-Drive etc better be able to be disabled and ignored, with no loss of functionality.

    BTW, has Ballmer's watch stopped, or something? I make it 4am on the west coast of America at the moment, and still no sign of 8.1. And it's almost the 27th here now (SE Australia).

    Available on the 26th should mean 'available at 12.01am on the 26th', not 'available when we get around to it'.

    '
    Wenda.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #25


    Posts : 106
    Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 Pro WMC, OS X Mavericks


    [QUOTE=Wenda;248056][QUOTE=Dave44;248020]
    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post

    BTW, has Ballmer's watch stopped, or something? I make it 4am on the west coast of America at the moment, and still no sign of 8.1. And it's almost the 27th here now (SE Australia).

    Available on the 26th should mean 'available at 12.01am on the 26th', not 'available when we get around to it'.

    '
    Wenda.
    Downloads starts at noon ET, 4 and a half hours from now!

    Build
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #26


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    If they do offer up full install media (ISO files), that will help a lot of people out that want to do a clean install instead of a factory recovery, and currently don't have install media. Assuming it will read the embedded keys like current disks do. The next few days should be interesting to say the least.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #27


    Posts : 288
    Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Developer Preview, Linux Mint 9


    I'm too lazy to download this ISO with 8.1 in it for 3 reasons:

    1. My Internet connection is FAR too slow for this and it might take more than half a day to download.

    2. Windows 8.1 is pointless on my desktop if all of the new features on 8.1 are on the Metro side. (the Start button leading to the Metro screen is mockery) I had far more thrill downloading the Release Preview long ago because at least, there was a hack to bring back the old Start button and Start menu so I had dual booted that with my Windows 7 at that time and was worth the fun.

    3. I am simply gonna wait for the uptake of user feedback once users (with faster connections) get a taste of it. Maybe that can change my mind a bit that I highly doubt right now since we've long been notified of what new there is to expect.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #28


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    If they do offer up full install media (ISO files), that will help a lot of people out that want to do a clean install instead of a factory recovery, and currently don't have install media. Assuming it will read the embedded keys like current disks do. The next few days should be interesting to say the least.
    There will be webcare downloads (ISO). It's confirmed !

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #29


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    I'm going to give the preview a look see, I'll just update though the app store this time around. I'll snag an ISO when the final version comes out and do a clean install then. I could image my system but I don't mind doing a clean install every now and then. If the start screen becomes easier to organize it will make it all that much easier. I'm not running 8 on my desktop PC's and don't have any plans to do so. I have 8 on my laptop and I'll keep using it on that. If I had a Windows 8 tablet I'd likely put 7 on my laptop too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #30


    Posts : 142
    Win 7 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Vertex View Post
    I'm too lazy to download this ISO with 8.1 in it for 3 reasons:

    1. My Internet connection is FAR too slow for this and it might take more than half a day to download.

    2. Windows 8.1 is pointless on my desktop if all of the new features on 8.1 are on the Metro side. (the Start button leading to the Metro screen is mockery) I had far more thrill downloading the Release Preview long ago because at least, there was a hack to bring back the old Start button and Start menu so I had dual booted that with my Windows 7 at that time and was worth the fun.

    3. I am simply gonna wait for the uptake of user feedback once users (with faster connections) get a taste of it. Maybe that can change my mind a bit that I highly doubt right now since we've long been notified of what new there is to expect.

    I'll most likely download it and install it in Virtualbox. It will be a lot easier to remove when I decide it is nothing more than 8.0 with a few cosmetic changes. You can only polish a turd so much.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Windows 8.1 preview ISO's to be released by Microsoft
Related Threads
Mozilla Firefox for Windows 8 Consumer Preview Released for Download
6340 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM5pFkNQ7no&feature=player_embedded Windows 8 Downloads - Windows 8 Release Preview ISO formats Key - TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF
7831 Download Office 2013 Customer Preview Today Office 2013 Preview Resource Kit Deployment guide for Office 2013 Preview
3361 Downloads - Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO's - Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO formats See also: https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/3997-windows-8-consumer-preview-download.html
Only works on Windows 8 dev preview. Not Windows 7. The Fourth IE10 Platform Preview
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook