Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Hey, Teflon Ballmer....time to quit...???

  1. #11


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    I sometimes wonder if companies shills into forums, or they take it on their own, to start defending every product criticism to the hilt. No normal person can be so much in love with a major corporation and especially one of its products, to so refuse to understand and accept other's criticisms.
    Look, I've never said windows 8 was perfect. In fact, you can find threads around that I've started criticizing certain aspects of windows 8. When evaluating windows 8, I try to be as objective as possible. For instance, I think the metro tiles are confusing because everything looks like squares and rectangles. We humans have an inbuilt ability to recognize patterns, and that's why icons work so well.

    You, on the other hand, hates everything about windows 8 and wants to believe that everyone else hates it as well.

    I'm telling you now. Most people don't care about the UI change. Most people, and I mean 9 out of 10 people, will use whatever software that came with their computers when they bought it. Only a hand full of us actually care what crap was preinstalled on our devices and uninstall them. A minute few even go as far as make a fresh reinstall of the system every time they got something new. But 9 out of 10 people will just use whatever that came with the device.

    The notion that everyone shares your exaggerated dislike of windows 8 is delusional. This isn't 2nd grade where you are made to believe you are special.

    There are criticisms of windows 8 that are valid. I admit this, because I have the same criticisms. The lack of a start button or menu ain't one of them.

    Edit.

    I used to sell on ebay. One time, a buyer bought an expensive electronic item from me. All my items had free 2 day shipping. When it arrived, he claimed it was defective. I immediately overnighted another item with a prepaid box inside for him to send it back to me. I even included bubble wraps for him to wrap up the defective item. He just put it in the box without any cushion and sent it back to me. Didn't hear from him for a week after that, so I thought everything was fine. The item I receive back, if it wasn't defective then it was defective now because it was flying around in that box. I took the loss of about 400 schmachos there.

    About a week later, I got a negative review from him. Even though the first item was shipped out same day as ordered via 2 day, and the second item was overnighted, his review said long wait time. Also bad service, rude emails, etc.

    The way you are criticizing windows 8 is beginning to remind me of this customer. You're not just exaggerating your displeasure with windows 8. You're going out of your way to calling press conferences, misquoting articles, caricaturize aspects of windows 8, etc.

    I'm so glad I stopped selling on ebay. Some people on there like to order just so they could give a negative review. One time I got an order on Friday night of labor day weekend. Saturday morning I started getting nasty emails demanding I ship out the item right away. I politely replied that it was labor day weekend and nothing worked until Tuesday morning. Got about a dozen more hate mails demanding I ship it out over the course of the labor day weekend. Tuesday morning I got a nice negative review with comment that said I refused to ship it out. He also canceled the order.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Goodintentions,

    I am pretty sure RAY8 post was not aimed at you.

    I don't think he hates everything about 8 or MS or anything of the kind. That is not what he has been posting.

    His posts seem perfectly reasonable to me. Even though I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, I defend his right to say it.

    Goodintentions
    You, [Ray8] on the other hand, hates everything about windows 8 and wants to believe that everyone else hates it as well.
    Where did you get that idea from?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Goodintentions,

    I am pretty sure RAY8 post was not aimed at you.

    I don't think he hates everything about 8 or MS or anything of the kind. That is not what he has been posting.

    His posts seem perfectly reasonable to me. Even though I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, I defend his right to say it.

    Goodintentions
    You, [Ray8] on the other hand, hates everything about windows 8 and wants to believe that everyone else hates it as well.
    Where did you get that idea from?
    My mistake. I was thinking of someone else.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Sloe Deth, Californicatia
    Posts : 3,908
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7


    IMPEACH Microsoft for Windows 8 - And Umbrellas!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    You, on the other hand, hates everything about windows 8 and wants to believe that everyone else hates it as well.
    First off, my quote was a general observation reflecting on how some defend Windows 8 like some Apple owners defend Apple. An irrational devotion to something created to simply make money (off you).

    I have said it many time before and I'll repeat it once again, I believe that the Windows 8 underlying OS is an excellent development from Windows 7; however, what I dislike, for my own personal use, is the user interface. I do not find the start screen (Mobile Phone Interface - MPI) at all rewarding or pleasant to use. I have no issue if others love it.

    Microsoft could easily have allowed people to have a full Windows 7 style UI or the current one, with Windows 8, if they had wanted to do so. From their own admission about subscription services, they have said it's too early to go this way because people are not used to it vs what Adobe is doing. So why on earth did they do exactly that with Windows 8 and not allow an alternative?

    And I believe that is really the only criticism that people have with Windows 8, the forced adoption of a UI that isn't necessary. That criticism needs to maintained so that Microsoft keeps hearing it until they understand and address the criticisms, and it should not subside or Microsoft will assume that all is now good.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    New Zealand
    Posts : 91
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    And I believe that is really the only criticism that people have with Windows 8, the forced adoption of a UI that isn't necessary. That criticism needs to maintained so that Microsoft keeps hearing it until they understand and address the criticisms, and it should not subside or Microsoft will assume that all is now good.
    Very well said
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Quote Originally Posted by McRuff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    And I believe that is really the only criticism that people have with Windows 8, the forced adoption of a UI that isn't necessary. That criticism needs to maintained so that Microsoft keeps hearing it until they understand and address the criticisms, and it should not subside or Microsoft will assume that all is now good.
    Very well said

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 902
    Win8.1 Pro, Desktop Mode


    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post

    I'm telling you now. Most people don't care about the UI change. Most people, and I mean 9 out of 10 people, will use whatever software that came with their computers when they bought it. Only a hand full of us actually care what crap was preinstalled on our devices and uninstall them. A minute few even go as far as make a fresh reinstall of the system every time they got something new. But 9 out of 10 people will just use whatever that came with the device.

    Keep yer hands where I can see them, and step away from the bong....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Adelaide
    Posts : 1,338
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 17.1 MATE (64 bit)

    Agreed


    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by McRuff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    And I believe that is really the only criticism that people have with Windows 8, the forced adoption of a UI that isn't necessary. That criticism needs to maintained so that Microsoft keeps hearing it until they understand and address the criticisms, and it should not subside or Microsoft will assume that all is now good.
    Very well said


    Agreed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Posts : 376
    W8.1, W7


    ^^^

    ...criticism needs to maintained so that Microsoft keeps hearing it until they understand...
    Yes.
    ...the Windows 8 underlying OS is an excellent development...
    Yes. Sadly MS is trying hard to impair that very development by trying to inflict everyone with their phone-toy UI.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hey, Teflon Ballmer....time to quit...???
Related Threads
I was unpinning many apps from my start screen. Now when I try to run an app (such as Computer, or Control Panel) it creates an entry on the desktop taskbar, but not on the desktop. I can't run anything on this Win8.0 desktop, except for IE. The only thing I can do with the taskbar icon is...
Hello everyone. I bought the Asus Zenbook Touch (ux31a-bhi5t11) yesterday, and the 2 finger scrolling worked fine at first, but a couple hours later it just stopped working. I can scroll using the touch screen, but not the touch pad now. It's brand new, and I haven't touched any of the settings,...
IE opens, but doesn't function properly, won't display web pages and the settings are all greyed out. running 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64 bit. Ran SFC/Scan, but got the error that it found corrupt files but couldn't repair them. Then I couldn't find the file cbs.log to see. I also turned off IE11...
Solved show browser quit in firefox in Browsers & Mail
hi guys i enabble browser show quit in firefox and when i want to close for example 3 tabs , it asked me that do you want to save the tabs? but yesteday by an accident i checked the "do not show dis dialog again" and now when i close for example 3 tabs the firefox will close and when i open the...
So I have been having issues with Fallout New Vegas crashing to the desktop whenever I run it on high graphics (the default in my case). I just got done cleaning a lot of dust and hair out of my computer's radiator (it is water cooled) and out of my GPU's heat sinks. Here are my system specs ...
metro apps quit working in Software and Apps
Some of my metro apps just quit working. The weather, fianace, sports and news apps just quit working. With the weather app, if I turn the tile to live it show the current temp...but when I go to open it, it just sits there and spins last count was 15 minutes and nothing.
How to quit those Metro Apps in General Support
Hi all, I have spend some time now to find out how to quit the new Metro Apps normally - Means don't shut them down using task Manager. Thanks in Advance Sincerely yours Oblomow
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook