Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


With Windows Blue, Microsoft may (finally) do the right...

  1. #1

    With Windows Blue, Microsoft may (finally) do the right...


    With Windows Blue, Microsoft may (finally) do the right thing

    Call it capitulation. Call it listening to customers. But whatever you call it, making Windows 8 more usable with expected coming Blue tweaks is a positive, not a negative.
    There've been reports claiming everything from Microsoft is doing a 180-degree reversal with Windows Blue, to others advising the Redmondians to dig in their heels and stay the current UI course with its coming Blue update.
    Windows Blue, from all leaks and tips I've received, is not a do-over. (If it were, it would take Microsoft a lot longer than nine or ten months to deliver it.) And ignoring customer confusion isn't a virtue; it's stupidity.
    In addition to the optional Start Button and boot-to-desktop options, there may be other interface adjustments in the works, according to one of my Blue tipsters. I hear the Windows team may also be tweaking the Charms to make them a bit easier to use with a mouse. There might be new built-in tutorials and in-context help coming to Blue. And word is there may be adjustments to the Start Screen designed to make Blue easier to use for Desktop users. One of my sources said some of these tweaks may not be in the Windows Blue preview release coming at the end of June, but that they still could make it into the final product.
    With Windows Blue, Microsoft may (finally) do the right thing | ZDNet

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Microsoft also will be changing its incentive programs for retail stores so that salespeople will be compensated for touch, 100 percent, when it comes to consumer sales

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 138
    Windows 8 Pro


    I sure hope these things are optional. I have zero interest in either a Start Button or booting to the desktop. Might as well just be Windows 7 then. Sucky.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Pretty sure they will be optional.

    Maybe the whole metro thing will be optional too ( not likely ).

    Interesting that those who want those features - also wish the metro lovers to be able to keep all their stuff.

    Not so the other way round in many in cases.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 138
    Windows 8 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Pretty sure they will be optional.

    Maybe the whole metro thing will be optional too ( not likely ).

    Interesting that those who want those features - also wish the metro lovers to be able to keep all their stuff.

    Not so the other way round in many in cases.
    Well, I've never said I didn't want the haters to have what they want. What I've tried to point out is that you already have it. All you need is one of the bazillion 3rd party Start Buttons and you can have everything you want. I just don't understand why that's not good enough. If it were reversed, I wouldn't care about using a 3rd party solution to get my computer to work how I want, I've done it lots of times. I just don't see the need for angst.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Well, I've never said I didn't want the haters to have what they want
    What is sad is that some do .


    What I've tried to point out is that you already have it.
    I have no idea why you are trying to point anything out to me.

    If you are so obsessed with 8 - perhaps go on the street and try and convert those who haven't already bought the thing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Somewhere in USA
    Posts : 233
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by sashlon View Post
    I sure hope these things are optional. I have zero interest in either a Start Button or booting to the desktop. Might as well just be Windows 7 then. Sucky.

    True dat. Let the whiners stay behind with an outdated os using 3 different os ecosystems. They deserve the frustration.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    You're right.

    There were hundreds of millions of tortured souls out there.

    The poor things had to manage with an android tablet and a windows lappie they almost never bothered to turn on.

    That's why they all rushed out and bought win 8 machines.

    They were particularly enchanted by the Fairy Wand which pops out from the right every now and then.

    Previously they thought an ecosystem was something living in the bottom of an old pair of trainers.

    Finally salvation had arrived and they all lived happily ever after.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Somewhere in USA
    Posts : 233
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    You're right.

    There were hundreds of millions of tortured souls out there.

    The poor things had to manage with an android tablet and a windows lappie they almost never bothered to turn on.

    That's why they all rushed out and bought win 8 machines.

    They were particularly enchanted by the Fairy Wand which pops out from the right every now and then.

    Previously they thought an ecosystem was something living in the bottom of an old pair of trainers.

    Finally salvation had arrived and they all lived happily ever after.
    Never has anyone so eloquently meshed my unequivocal lifestyle together!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Without the slightest trace of irony.

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
With Windows Blue, Microsoft may (finally) do the right...
Related Threads
Microsoft Claims That Windows 8 Is Finally Taking Off Ahead of 8.1 RTM Launch
“Disaster” Windows 8 Finally Overtakes Vista, No Longer a Microsoft ?Disaster?
Windows 'Blue': Microsoft blows it | Microsoft windows - InfoWorld
Windows 'Blue' will leave Microsoft customers seeing red | Microsoft Windows - InfoWorld
Why Microsoft won't charge for Windows 'Blue' ... this time - Computerworld
Read more at source: Microsoft's 'Blue' not just for Windows | Microsoft - CNET News
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook