Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Microsoft on Windows 8 Haters: We Could See This Coming

  1. #21


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    There is nothing to learn, Windows 8 UI sucks.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #22


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    The reason is that 8 is really that good when one learns it and sees what MS is trying to accomplish.
    Given what MS are trying to accomplish, it might seem surprising 60m people are actually using it. Probably because a lot of them don't know what MS is trying to do.

    MS may have to tone it down it somewhat - that will likely work out better for them
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #23


    Posts : 65
    Viewing through Windows 7, me like-a-discuss 8 though


    Miss Julie gonna make-a Start button on top of desk that bring user to utopia heaven of Microsoft pay user when click.

    It only way to make-a Windows 8 good again. Maybe plus Aero +1.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #24


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Lovely. I see you know your Strindberg.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #25


    Posts : 65
    Viewing through Windows 7, me like-a-discuss 8 though


    Me all ways of puzzled with name above, but me make-a check. I do know Tattoo Dragon girl. We make-a friend.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #26


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    The "Open apps/programs Bar" that slides out from the left is very similar to an auto-hide taskbar with open apps/programs on it. Perhaps in Blue they'll make it an option to keep it on top so that some are secure that it's there or even better yet > know that it's there.
    Oh I knew that was there. However it's pretty hopeless compared to the Taskbar in Windows 7 as a way of navigating the system, especially for newbies.

    In Windows 7 the taskbar is always visible (unless you decide to hide it, or open a full screen app, which you can get out of with the Esc key) and shows you all applications running on the PC. You can also "pin" your favourite programs to it so you can access them quickly.

    In Windows 8 if you think of the bar on the left as a Taskbar:
    • You have two taskbars.
    • Taskbar A is only visible in Desktop mode.
    • Taskbar B is only visible if you have certain types of applications running and if you click on a few magic pixels or remember the magic keyboard shortcut (I assume there is one).
    • Neither taskbar will show you all the apps you have running on the computer.
    • You can't pin favourite apps to the new taskbar (remember this was the justification for removing the Start button)


    For the user in Outlook who clicks on an image in an email and ends up in the Metro Photo viewer, it's really not intuitive to work out how to get back. It was so much simpler in Windows 7.
    If you choose the autohide the Taskbar, do you forget it's there?

    And if you don't want it switching to the Photo app, just change program defaults otherwise.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #27


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    The "Open apps/programs Bar" that slides out from the left is very similar to an auto-hide taskbar with open apps/programs on it. Perhaps in Blue they'll make it an option to keep it on top so that some are secure that it's there or even better yet > know that it's there.

    Attachment 21756


    Attachment 21757

    BTW, slide it out (even on the desktop), right click on any of them, and see what happens.

    The more I read of some members' posts, the more I'm realizing that not many really know Windows 8 in it's true colors. I think the article title should have been "Microsoft on Windows 8 Whiners: We Could See This Coming".

    One more thing. While I'm writing this on the desktop, I get an alert from my Modern NBC News app that Tiger Woods shot a two under to win the Players Championship. Something I'm personally interested in. Yea! This is really going backwards. Now I'll go read the article and watch some videos on the highlights and leave you in the dust.
    Hi there

    That colour scheme -- have to get out my shades.
    However who wants a desktop to look like that in any case.

    If you need to watch sports etc while working there's nothing wrong in having this open in a "RE-SIZEABLE Classical Windowed" mode - also easy to hide quickly if the Boss comes in. !!!!

    for example

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Hitting the Start key is actually a better privacy screen to hide stuff from the boss quickly.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #28


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    So there is a use for it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #29


    Sloe Deth, Californicatia
    Posts : 3,908
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post

    Perhaps it will take you to All Apps screen, which is actually the new Start Menu, not the Start Screen. So it's not missing.

    Attachment 21740

    SURE it is! That's not a USABLE, easy to get to interface! Can that be arranged according to how you want it?

    I am old fashioned and I liked the Windows 8 Start Menu that expanded out, I would make it only show the last ting I picked. But the point was, there were about 3 different ways to show it- But starting in Windows 7, they crammed it all into the corner, harder to get to. Perhaps with the desire to remove the unsightly thing? I just like Expandable Program Menus, they took it out of Ubuntu as well, starting in 10!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #30


    Sloe Deth, Californicatia
    Posts : 3,908
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7


    Quote Originally Posted by Mookalookabutu View Post
    Miss Julie gonna make-a Start button on top of desk that bring user to utopia heaven of Microsoft pay user when click.

    It only way to make-a Windows 8 good again. Maybe plus Aero +1.
    I could have sworn I asked if you were Coke Robot yesterday, "and then it was gone poof"
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Microsoft on Windows 8 Haters: We Could See This Coming
Related Threads
Windows 8 haters in Chillout Room
Windows 8... to me, it is the best os since xp. i have seen a TON of videos about "windows 8 sucks" and I disagree. There is a poll so you can vote. i had a bad experience with 7, because I bought a laptop with starter on it, so I could BARELY do anything.
Read more at: Coming to a Microsoft Surface near you: Cross-platform inking | ZDNet
Hi there To those who say Touch will never have a place on the traditional Desktop I suggest they look at some reviews of the just released GALAXY S4 phone where a lot of the touch screen movements can be done via EYE scrolling technology -- IMO this is a total BALL CHANGING GAME. The technology...
Read more at: Microsoft's 'Blue' wave is coming to more than just Windows | ZDNet (Apologies that I don't seem to be able to post this in the 'News' section.)
Read more at source: Microsoft Office 365: More new packages and prices coming in November | ZDNet
Read more at source: Microsoft Office coming to Android and Apple devices in early 2013 | ZDNet
I know the complaints all you haters have. I know you think that the Desktop isn't prominent enough. I know you want a Start menu on the Desktop. I'm aware of all of this. In fact, up until yesterday, while I loved Windows 8 RP, it did feel a bit awkward going from Desktop to Metro all the...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook