Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


BUILD 2013: Microsoft to Launch Both Windows Blue and Surf

  1. #11


    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BRKING View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    BUILD 2013: Microsoft to Launch Both Windows Blue and Surface 2




    BUILD 2013: Microsoft to Launch Both Windows Blue and Surface 2 - Softpedia

    I for one will not be buying any M$ products if this is true. Hello Mint.
    Like it or not but they have to have the start button. Most users are not computer savvy and need the training wheels. Remember, businesses who use Windows everyday. If you're going to ask then to start from scratch then they might as well make the jump to another operating system.
    I won't be switching OS because of Windows 8 UI. I will switch OS because M$ attitude toward there customers is a pile of monkey dung next they will be charging $1000.00 per hour for support then they will charge by the hour for desktop use and the list goes on.
    If they can get away with the slap in the face start button going to metro what is next?
    Sorry but I disagree about MS tech support. I went to their website about updates that weren't installing. A MS tech remote desktop'ed with me and fixed the problems within 5-10 minutes.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Quote Originally Posted by BRKING View Post
    However. My company's IT dept has said there is no way we are switching to W8.
    I''m one of the IT guys at my shop and in my office here in Michigan, we now have 5 employees now on Windows 8. There is a bit of training associated with the move, we install classic shell to give them a start button and have them booting straight to the desktop. The rest of Windows 8 is more or less a non issue.

    I like having Windows 8 on the new laptops with SSD's because it boots from off in less than 10 seconds. Windows 7 is about 17 on the same hardware. And 8 brings up the network much faster, you can fingerprint logon without having to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL. All these things add up to a faster logon, faster network access and a faster experience overall.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BRKING View Post
    However. My company's IT dept has said there is no way we are switching to W8.
    I''m one of the IT guys at my shop and in my office here in Michigan, we now have 5 employees now on Windows 8. There is a bit of training associated with the move, we install classic shell to give them a start button and have them booting straight to the desktop. The rest of Windows 8 is more or less a non issue.

    I like having Windows 8 on the new laptops with SSD's because it boots from off in less than 10 seconds. Windows 7 is about 17 on the same hardware. And 8 brings up the network much faster, you can fingerprint logon without having to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL. All these things add up to a faster logon, faster network access and a faster experience overall.

    Its helluva faster. Mine boots up in 12 seconds.

    Mind sharing what (if any) feedback you've gotten specifically?
    Good:
    Bad:
    Needs:

    A small business wouldn't have as much problem as ours (120 employees).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    If they can get away with the slap in the face start button going to metro what is next?
    That is absolutely right.

    There was a time I thought they may try and get their existing user base on board.

    That is a good indication MS have decided to double down their efforts to back door monetise the consumers.

    Many will see it as an insult. MS must be fully aware of that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    If they can get away with the slap in the face start button going to metro what is next?
    That is absolutely right.

    There was a time I thought they may try and get their existing user base on board.

    That is a good indication MS have decided to double down their efforts to back door monetise the consumers.

    Many will see it as an insult. MS must be fully aware of that.
    I would see it as a big time insult or they may be trying to break Classic Shell programs either way still a big insult and abuse of power.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 138
    Windows 8 Pro


    "Abuse of power" -huh? We're still discussing a computer operating system here right? Hyperbolic much?

    This debate reminds me of the angst in the Star Wars fanbase. People actually went quite mental over what they saw as George Lucas ruining the Star Wars saga. They forgot a very important detail though: Star Wars belonged to Lucas, it was his creation to do with as he pleased.

    Last I checked Windows belongs to Microsoft. Altering in a way you don't like is not an "abuse of power", its a design choice. You can debate whether its a good or bad choice, but to suggest that Microsoft has somehow wronged people or done an evil thing is hyperbolic and childish.

    Its a button, get over it. Or stick with 7 maybe.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Quote Originally Posted by sashlon View Post
    "Abuse of power" -huh? We're still discussing a computer operating system here right? Hyperbolic much?

    This debate reminds me of the angst in the Star Wars fanbase. People actually went quite mental over what they saw as George Lucas ruining the Star Wars saga. They forgot a very important detail though: Star Wars belonged to Lucas, it was his creation to do with as he pleased.

    Last I checked Windows belongs to Microsoft. Altering in a way you don't like is not an "abuse of power", its a design choice. You can debate whether its a good or bad choice, but to suggest that Microsoft has somehow wronged people or done an evil thing is hyperbolic and childish.

    Its a button, get over it. Or stick with 7 maybe.

    M$ has done it in the past.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 22,584
    64-bit Windows 10


    warning   Warning
    Let's keep this discussion friendly shall we.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8


    I like Windows 8. It has a start screen and Apps if I want them BUT I DON'T, SO I DON'T USE THEM.
    When I first got Windows 8 I deleted all the Apps I would never use. I've never used the App store. If I download anything it is always a desktop version. Other than this I can't see the difference between 7 & 8. 8 is slightly faster perhaps.

    As I said - I like Windows 8; I also liked Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows ME and Windows 95. I probably would have liked Windows 3.1 as well but never got to try it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Quote Originally Posted by BRKING View Post
    You guys need to calm down. I'm not switching to Mac. I don't run a company looking to switch OS.
    Chill.

    However. My company's IT dept has said there is no way we are switching to W8.

    Does anyone here feel like MS has done a good job selling or explaining W8?? Instead MS feels like people will adopt it because they have no choice. But they do.

    Seems many claims were made not to switch to XP at one time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
BUILD 2013: Microsoft to Launch Both Windows Blue and Surf
Related Threads
Read more at: Microsoft 2013 year in review: It was (almost) all about 'Blue' | ZDNet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZvSZGJUsk&feature=player_embedded some cool info...
Read more at: Microsoft's Build 2013 keynote: Join us Wednesday (live blog) | Microsoft - CNET News Watch here as well: Watch Live: Microsoft's Build 2013 keynote, Windows 8.1 showcase - TechSpot
Read more here: Windows 8.1 Update: 'Blue' OS Build 9385 Pictures 'Leak' : Tech : Latinos Post
Read more at: The build up to Microsoft's Build 2013 | ZDNet
Nothing like a fresh leak to generate a pleasant insomnia ! Changes since build 9369 1) Not Blue, but Windows 8.1 Preview 20595 2) Unselected tiles darkened in customization mode 20594
Read more at source: Microsoft talks publicly about Blue and Build 2013 | ZDNet
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook