Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8.1 Build 9374 x86 leaked

  1. #31


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    There's something else here:
    Attachment 20604

    Maybe it's like the XP VM that was built into some versions of 7?
    Hi there
    I don't like the idea of the USD 0.99 though -- if this stuff is going on Ms might be looking to integrate the store with the Add features to Windows to snag all those people like me who have NO INTENTION of using the app store or who try and avoid the whole Metro Gig completely.

    It's all down to that GHASTLY word "Monetisation" -- screw every last cent you can get out of people -- they'll probably pay USD 0.99 - and several million * 0.99 is quite a nice little earnier.

    The logo though might be some sort of "Operate in W7 mode" (aka desktop) -- will be interesting to see how this pans out.

    Cheers
    jimbo

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #32


    Portland, Oregon, USA
    Posts : 182
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64, Windows Server 2012 R2 x64


    I think it's possible that ReFS will eventually replace NTFS as the default file system for Windows. But which one is faster? More efficient? Etc.........

    @ Vrosa: Yes they were supposed to be used by 1-31. But as long as they're initially activated by that date (which they were, in virtual machines), then you can continue to use them. I just activated WMC on my physical install 2 days ago, key was accepted without issues.

    (It's actually completed - while I was getting some tea before finishing the post -- Breakfast time here where the Dog has just bought me the Sunday papers). !! (Actually Yesterdays' - Saturdays - English papers !!).


    @ Jimbo45: Tell me where I can buy that kind of dog.

    @ DavidY: Wrong quote, buddy. I didnt post that. It's cool. But some ppl seem to be requoting it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #33


    Posts : 302
    Windows 7 on the desktop, Windows 8 Surface Pro mobile


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    There's something else here:
    Attachment 20604

    Maybe it's like the XP VM that was built into some versions of 7?
    Hi there
    I don't like the idea of the USD 0.99 though -- if this stuff is going on Ms might be looking to integrate the store with the Add features to Windows to snag all those people like me who have NO INTENTION of using the app store or who try and avoid the whole Metro Gig completely.

    It's all down to that GHASTLY word "Monetisation" -- screw every last cent you can get out of people -- they'll probably pay USD 0.99 - and several million * 0.99 is quite a nice little earnier.

    The logo though might be some sort of "Operate in W7 mode" (aka desktop) -- will be interesting to see how this pans out.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    I could easily see them providing portions of Windows ala carte that way.

    Lets say you buy like Home Standard, and there is an option in Home Premium or Professional that you want, but you don't want to buy the whole thing. Using the Store, they could feasibly show you the options that you can buy ala carte, giving it to you at a far cheaper price than if you had bought say professional, but getting a sale where they wouldn't have before. That way you can pick and choose your Windows setup and drop those things you don't use. Just conjucture, though, we'll see what they have in mind soon enough.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #34


    Portland, Oregon, USA
    Posts : 182
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64, Windows Server 2012 R2 x64


    @ Chrisa: I agree, a la carte is a great idea. I never thought of marketing an OS that way. Or they can just bundle together similar portions in different "packs" that would appeal to different people, like media addons, productivity addons, etc.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #35


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by vrosa View Post
    I notice though on the start screen the little button that was on the build 9369 version has gone.
    No. The Apps button is still there.

    Attachment 20603

    More pics here: Windows Blue - A small look at Build 9374




    ~ops... Double post :: Admins, Plz remove the first one~
    That little thing was actually taken from Windows Phone. You should be able to swipe up to get to All Apps, as one would swipe left on Windows Phone for All Apps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #36


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I think it's possible that ReFS will eventually replace NTFS as the default file system for Windows. But which one is faster? More efficient? Etc.........

    @ Vrosa: Yes they were supposed to be used by 1-31. But as long as they're initially activated by that date (which they were, in virtual machines), then you can continue to use them. I just activated WMC on my physical install 2 days ago, key was accepted without issues.

    (It's actually completed - while I was getting some tea before finishing the post -- Breakfast time here where the Dog has just bought me the Sunday papers). !! (Actually Yesterdays' - Saturdays - English papers !!).


    @ Jimbo45: Tell me where I can buy that kind of dog.

    @ DavidY: Wrong quote, buddy. I didnt post that. It's cool. But some ppl seem to be requoting it.
    ReFS is to be more efficient as it prevents data corruption and I think someone said earlier about file fragmentation lessens.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #37


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    There was also a screenshot that leaked about the Search charm on the Desktop, it doesn't take you to All Apps, it functions the same way as if you were searching in an app.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #38


    Posts : 959
    Windows 8.1, 10


    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    @ DavidY: Wrong quote, buddy. I didnt post that. It's cool. But some ppl seem to be requoting it.
    Ah I'm sorry about that. My mistake with cut and paste.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #39


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    @ Chrisa: I agree, a la carte is a great idea. I never thought of marketing an OS that way. Or they can just bundle together similar portions in different "packs" that would appeal to different people, like media addons, productivity addons, etc.
    Hi there
    @Enigma -- It's just Training -- I usually take the dog for a walk arriving back after the papers have been delivered -- and then the dog has to bring carry them in when we get back so now it knows what to do !!! Labradors are easily trainable (as are strangely enough Rottweilers but they need a LOT of exercise so don't keep those if you can't let them run around in a LARGE garden).

    I like Rottweilers but as I'm getting older now Labradors are easier to keep (and feed) these days. !!

    I'm just wondering if I could teach the dog to use a tablet --should be easy enough - then it could order the groceries for me !!!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #40


    Portland, Oregon, USA
    Posts : 182
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64, Windows Server 2012 R2 x64


    @ Jimbo45: looks like you missed it. in your post i quoted, you stated that the dog "bought" your paper. I know you meant "brought".
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Windows 8.1 Build 9374 x86 leaked
Related Threads
Hi, I have made a video to show all the features that are new to Windows 8.1 (Blue). This is the latest build that has been leaked recently. It brings some nice features like an improvement to the Snap-View and a feature called "Kiosk-mode". Everything is explained in the video. I am...
Nothing like a fresh leak to generate a pleasant insomnia ! Changes since build 9369 1) Not Blue, but Windows 8.1 Preview 20595 2) Unselected tiles darkened in customization mode 20594
Windows 8 Build 7989 leaked in Windows 8 News
Read more here The article is brief, but it shows 2 out of 4 new screenshots of the build 7989, a Milestone 3 copy built in April. BetaArchives members seem to be both trying to get and leak this built, while also discussing whether this is actually real or not. The topic can be found here. I...
Windows 8 the First Leaked Screenshots – Build 6.1.7900.0 - Softpedia
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook