Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Microsoft Might Release Windows 9 a Lot Sooner

  1. #1

    Microsoft Might Release Windows 9 a Lot Sooner


    Microsoft has already confirmed that itís working on the internally-codenamed Blue upgrade thatís expected to bring quite a lot of improvements to the Windows 8 platform and help it boost the rather disappointing sales.
    More here.
    Microsoft Might Release Windows 9 a Lot Sooner - Softpedia
    Last edited by labeeman; 09 Apr 2013 at 17:03.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    USA, Idaho
    Posts : 1,062
    Win 8, (VM win7, XP, Vista)


    Thanks for the Info. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 50
    Win 8.1 Px64


    So do you think that is something we will have to upgrade ($$$) to? or just be a normal type update. I am guessing $$.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Quote Originally Posted by meebers View Post
    So do you think that is something we will have to upgrade ($$$) to? or just be a normal type update. I am guessing $$.
    I am guessing more like $$$ in order to make up losses on Window 8.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    USA, Idaho
    Posts : 1,062
    Win 8, (VM win7, XP, Vista)


    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meebers View Post
    So do you think that is something we will have to upgrade ($$$) to? or just be a normal type update. I am guessing $$.
    I am guessing more like $$$ in order to make up losses on Window 8.
    Microsoft thus far has indicated it will be free to those who have purchased a copy of Win 8 or got Win 8 with a new computer/laptop/Surface.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    I think 8.1 was possibly free. I don't think the jump to 9 will be a freebie.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    I wonder whether they are getting smarter with /9. If it is the same old, it will be the same old flop.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    I wonder whether they are getting smarter with /9. If it is the same old, it will be the same old flop.
    You think that M$ would make the same mistake twice.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Ohio
    Posts : 473
    Windows 8 Pro


    I'm wondering if Win 9 will be a fix for 8 just like Win 7 was a fix for Vista. I don't think people will be happy to pay for a new OS when just a short while ago they shelled out money for Windows 8.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 1,320
    Server 2012 / 8.0


    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    You think that M$ would make the same mistake twice.
    Microsoft scoffs at the derision. You can forget about the elimination of WinRT. You can expect more subscription and cloud services. A great deal of what is happening is about the evolution of programming code.

    Standalone products like Linux will have their place but the mainstream will evolve to new technology...
    assuming that there is no major catastrophe like a crash of the power grid from something nasty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    ...I don't think people will be happy to pay for a new OS when just a short while ago they shelled out money for Windows 8.
    You could be right, but $50 dollars or even $100 for an Operating System? I just spent $400 dollars on a vacuum cleaner, $500 dollars on car insurance, $2000 on veterinary care, $90 dollars to fuel my diesel van, $420 on a tax return, $500 dollars for gas and electric, $240 on laser toner cartridges, $450 dollars on truck tires etc...
    Last edited by mdmd; 09 Apr 2013 at 22:02. Reason: spelling wording style
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Microsoft Might Release Windows 9 a Lot Sooner
Related Threads
Microsoft Expected to Release Windows 8.1 ISOs This Month
Read more at: Why is Microsoft keeping the final release of Windows 8.1 secret? | ZDNet
Read more at source: Microsoft to Release Windows Blue, the First Free Windows Ever ? Rumors - Softpedia
Microsoft Accidentally Announces Windows 8 Release Preview Early
More... Here is one of the growth comparison for mobile devices: http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii36/whs37/HTG%2026/2011-02-17_1325.png
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook