Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows Blue - small look at leaked build 9364

  1. #211


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Quote Originally Posted by vrosa View Post
    Note also that build 9369 is Windows 8 PRO (not Enterprise) and it can't be activated.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Actually it can be activated !

    Attachment 20462


    Hi there
    OK using KMS servers etc -- but the "Normal" activation process fails. It actually doesn't really matter in this case as it's only a test machine --I'm not going to install much on it - I basically want to see what's changed in the GUI / base system.

    Cheers
    jimbo

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #212


    Posts : 203
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    @ HippsieGypsie

    My understanding is Windows Defender in Windows 8 includes an antivirus that is more streamlined into the OS to take advantage of Windows 8/8.1 new kernel security features.

    Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1 to my understanding still uses the same virus/malware definition updates as MSE for Windows 7/Vista.

    This maybe partly true since Windows 8's new kernel broke a lot of 3rd party antivirus software that was not able to implement the new security features of the OS's new kernel upon early release and the same can now be said with Windows 8.1 since the kernel has been once again updated bringing new security features to the OS under the hood which have not yet implemented by 3rd party antivirus software vendors.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #213


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vrosa View Post
    Note also that build 9369 is Windows 8 PRO (not Enterprise) and it can't be activated.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Actually it can be activated !

    Attachment 20462




    Hi there
    OK using KMS servers etc -- but the "Normal" activation process fails. It actually doesn't really matter in this case as it's only a test machine --I'm not going to install much on it - I basically want to see what's changed in the GUI / base system.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Surely, you're right.

    My interest in working activation methods regarding those builds is purely curiosity. Also to install Media Center the copy must be previously activated.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #214


    Posts : 203
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Personally I wouldn't bother with activation since it clearly states unauthorized use may result is disciplinary action from Microsoft in plain text.

    Which could translate to: if you activate a unauthorized leaked build you could loose your activation number (banned).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #215


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Quote Originally Posted by Nemix View Post
    Personally I wouldn't bother with activation since it clearly states unauthorized use may result is disciplinary action from Microsoft in plain text.

    Which could translate to: if you activate a unauthorized leaked build you could loose your activation number (banned).
    Hi there

    Or worse if Ms can be bothered to chase an individual.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #216


    Quote Originally Posted by Nemix View Post
    Personally I wouldn't bother with activation since it clearly states unauthorized use may result is disciplinary action from Microsoft in plain text.

    Which could translate to: if you activate a unauthorized leaked build you could loose your activation number (banned).
    In truth we weren't supposed to be using it in any way. That's why always use local accounts in any leaked build. But I seriously doubt that Microsoft would worry its pretty little head with a bunch of leakadicts.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #217


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Hi there
    Actually I suspect Ms actually tolerates these leaks up to a point - it's all FREE testing for them on a lot of hardware and in situations they couldn't possibly replicate in their own labs plus they get REAL feedback -- not "Corporate Wage Slaves" replying back to their bosses exactly what Ms wants to hear.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #218


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    I remember back when the two alpha builds of Windows 8 were leaked, the people that leaked them and released the unlock tool got fired...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #219


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    I remember back when the two alpha builds of Windows 8 were leaked, the people that leaked them and released the unlock tool got fired...
    Hi there
    Well there's ways of Leaking -- and Leaking. Obviously Ms won't OVERTLY support or condone Leaked builds from their own employees -- but if it's done Covertly -- "What happened to that USB stick I left in the Restaurant / pub last night" etc then that's that.

    Ms if they KNOW an employee has leaked confidential stuff and have evidence for it then they'd take action that ANY organisation would do in similar circumstances.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #220


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    I remember back when the two alpha builds of Windows 8 were leaked, the people that leaked them and released the unlock tool got fired...
    Hi there
    Well there's ways of Leaking -- and Leaking. Obviously Ms won't OVERTLY support or condone Leaked builds from their own employees -- but if it's done Covertly -- "What happened to that USB stick I left in the Restaurant / pub last night" etc then that's that.

    Ms if they KNOW an employee has leaked confidential stuff and have evidence for it then they'd take action that ANY organisation would do in similar circumstances.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Yes, leakers will always be in a complicated position, especially employees. For ordinary people like most of us it's not a big deal.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Windows Blue - small look at leaked build 9364
Related Threads
Read more here: Windows 8.1 Update: 'Blue' OS Build 9385 Pictures 'Leak' : Tech : Latinos Post
Hi everyone ! We have another build to play with ! ISO tag is: 9374.0.FBL_PARTNER_OUT15.130329-2355_X86FRE_CLIENT_EN-US-IMP_CCSA_DV5.ISO MD5: 0fa9ab7cbc4722db0ff9b31e79f5b548 Download is available from some well known Beta Sites FTPs and torrents ! 20580
Nothing like a fresh leak to generate a pleasant insomnia ! Changes since build 9369 1) Not Blue, but Windows 8.1 Preview 20595 2) Unselected tiles darkened in customization mode 20594
Windows 8 Build 7989 leaked in Windows 8 News
Read more here The article is brief, but it shows 2 out of 4 new screenshots of the build 7989, a Milestone 3 copy built in April. BetaArchives members seem to be both trying to get and leak this built, while also discussing whether this is actually real or not. The topic can be found here. I...
Windows 8 the First Leaked Screenshots – Build 6.1.7900.0 - Softpedia
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook