Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows RT a necessary disruption

  1. #51


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Recently, Aldi put on sale an Android tablet for $249:Aldi to sell 3G enabled 10″ Android tablet for $249 | Ausdroid. Apparently every store sold out within minutes of opening. That's the sort of thing that people are looking for. I know one person who bought one and is totally happy with the purchase.
    That's interesting I did not know that Aldi is in your country. It is a German company owned by 2 brothers who are the richest individuals in Germany. We have an Aldi north (one brother) and an Aldi south (the other brother).

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #52
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #53


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Recently, Aldi put on sale an Android tablet for $249:Aldi to sell 3G enabled 10″ Android tablet for $249 | Ausdroid. Apparently every store sold out within minutes of opening. That's the sort of thing that people are looking for. I know one person who bought one and is totally happy with the purchase.
    Apparently, apparently, that's about all you ever come up with. I live near 3 Aldis, they very seldom sell out of any tablets and I KNOW this because I usually go and have a look a couple of weeks later when they put them on sale again.

    Yesterday I could have bought any number of 7" or 10" tablets for in some cases half that price, guess what, nobody was buying. I would say that 99% of people that go to Aldi wouldn't know what 3G is.

    In about a month I'll have a 4th Aldi and another 2 or 3 months after that a 5th Aldi around me, I'll check and see how fast they sell out of tablets.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #54


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    BillW hadn't posted for awhile. Perhaps he bought them all.
    It could well happen I buy a lot of electronics at Aldi, it usually doesn't sell all that well, and they end up putting them down to ridiculous prices, so what's a guy supposed to do. I nearly bought a Surface RT yesterday I'm just a bit worried they're going to drop the price soon.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #55


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    That's interesting I did not know that Aldi is in your country. It is a German company owned by 2 brothers who are the richest individuals in Germany. We have an Aldi north (one brother) and an Aldi south (the other brother).
    Aldi started here some years ago and have become very popular along the east coast and continue to expand, slowly moving west. Melbourne has the most number of Aldi stores so far and I don't know of any place that has three, let alone five, stores 'nearby'. They sell a lot of Medion and Tevion electronics, as well as many other tools etc, and they tend to be very reliable gear.

    Don't believe what some say, I know personally, and from others, that the tablets sold out fast; quite a number missed out. The last time Aldi had a 7" tablet on sale was in December last year and Aldi never keeps unsold stuff on the shelves for more than about a week. Some people just couldn't tell a straight story if they were stretched out on a rack.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #56


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Recently, Aldi put on sale an Android tablet for $249:Aldi to sell 3G enabled 10″ Android tablet for $249 | Ausdroid. Apparently every store sold out within minutes of opening. That's the sort of thing that people are looking for. I know one person who bought one and is totally happy with the purchase.
    That's interesting I did not know that Aldi is in your country. It is a German company owned by 2 brothers who are the richest individuals in Germany. We have an Aldi north (one brother) and an Aldi south (the other brother).
    Your Aldis are generally bigger than the Australian ones and carry a wider variety of stuff, I bought some Vodka and Egnogg at Bad Bramsted for $3.99 Euro on my way to Denmark and Norway.
    Had I known Norway was the most expensive place on the planet I would have bought a suitcase full.

    I just remembered I bought some at Frankfurt on the way back, man I wish they booze that cheap in Australia.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #57


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    That's interesting I did not know that Aldi is in your country. It is a German company owned by 2 brothers who are the richest individuals in Germany. We have an Aldi north (one brother) and an Aldi south (the other brother).
    Aldi started here some years ago and have become very popular along the east coast and continue to expand, slowly moving west. Melbourne has the most number of Aldi stores so far and I don't know of any place that has three, let alone five, stores 'nearby'. They sell a lot of Medion and Tevion electronics, as well as many other tools etc, and they tend to be very reliable gear.

    Don't believe what some say, I know personally, and from others, that the tablets sold out fast; quite a number missed out. The last time Aldi had a 7" tablet on sale was in December last year and Aldi never keeps unsold stuff on the shelves for more than about a week. Some people just couldn't tell a straight story if they were stretched out on a rack.
    Have you ever heard of Looney Tunes, Mr Fudd. Aldi never keeps unsold stuff on the shelves for more than a week, are you any relation to Lady Gaga.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #58


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    The Medion make they also sell in Germany. Tevion I have never heard of. In Germany it's the same. If they have one of their electronic sales, people line up and if you come at e.g. 10AM, you are out of luck. I think they cannot afford to keep that stuff on the shelves. Would hurt their cash flow.

    We have one small Aldi now in the area where I spend the winter here in Florida. But I never went. I don't really like their stores. They are too bland and you have nobody who can help you in a professional way. It's just cheapo - but that I can find on the internet too. At least there I get a bit of information about the product.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #59


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    The Medion make they also sell in Germany. Tevion I have never heard of. In Germany it's the same. If they have one of their electronic sales, people line up and if you come at e.g. 10AM, you are out of luck. I think they cannot afford to keep that stuff on the shelves. Would hurt their cash flow.

    We have one small Aldi now in the area where I spend the winter here in Florida. But I never went. I don't really like their stores. They are too bland and you have nobody who can help you in a professional way. It's just cheapo - but that I can find on the internet too. At least there I get a bit of information about the product.
    So where do you come from, because all the Aldi stores I've seen in Germany are far from bland, they're usually packed to the rafters. I've never been to one in America I usually shop at Costco if they'll let me in without their coupon, which they have numerous times, they have some good cheap booze as well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #60
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Windows RT a necessary disruption
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook