Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Tough Times for Win 8 and MS

  1. #351


    Posts : 302
    Windows 7 on the desktop, Windows 8 Surface Pro mobile


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    anybody can make stuff up
    You certainly do.

    Nothing can save Windows 8 now

    We all hope the next windows will be better.
    Here is Apple releasing shoddy, bug-ridden computers. Man, burn-in on monitors is so 80's. Get these people some screensavers!

    MacBook Pro with Retina display: Problems in every dimension | 9to5Mac

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #352


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by chrisa View Post
    Here is Apple releasing shoddy, bug-ridden computers. Man, burn-in on monitors is so 80's. Get these people some screensavers!

    MacBook Pro with Retina display: Problems in every dimension | 9to5Mac
    What do hardware issues have to do with Windows 8 software?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #353


    Posts : 302
    Windows 7 on the desktop, Windows 8 Surface Pro mobile


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    As far as tiles go, get rid of the whole lot, I really think it's time to accept it for now and just wait, no amount of bashing can make things move any faster. I was reading a story about Photoshop some time ago, if they wanted to rewrite that it would take 10 years, so imagine the amount of work in Windows.
    I laughed.

    No, it wouldn't.

    In fact, they've allready made a Photoshop App for iOS and Android with a subset of its capability, so a fair amount of it has allready been rewritten.

    Figure if they were starting from scratch using what they know from the original Photoshop.. probably a year.. two at the most to rewrite. Also factor in that a lot of the stuff of Photoshop can be done with completely seperate teams because a lot of the tools contained therein are not dependent on each other(filters normally take an image in, do something to it, and put an image out).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #354


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by chrisa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    As far as tiles go, get rid of the whole lot, I really think it's time to accept it for now and just wait, no amount of bashing can make things move any faster. I was reading a story about Photoshop some time ago, if they wanted to rewrite that it would take 10 years, so imagine the amount of work in Windows.
    I laughed.

    No, it wouldn't.

    In fact, they've allready made a Photoshop App for iOS and Android with a subset of its capability. Figure if they were starting from scratch using what they know from the original Photoshop.. probably a year.. two at the most to rewrite.
    It's pretty well known by now that when Bill reads anything, the first thing he does is misinterprets what's been written and then creates a story and history to go with that misinterpretation.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #355


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by chrisa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    anybody can make stuff up
    You certainly do.

    Nothing can save Windows 8 now

    We all hope the next windows will be better.
    Here is Apple releasing shoddy, bug-ridden computers. Man, burn-in on monitors is so 80's. Get these people some screensavers!

    MacBook Pro with Retina display: Problems in every dimension | 9to5Mac
    Yeah it's too bad the knockers on here can't spend a bit more time looking at the real world of computers instead of just their own dimension. I tried a MacBook Pro Retina on the first day it was released and couldn't believe how laggy it was. I was talking to one of the Geniuses I know and he said he wouldn't buy one because the power just wasn't there to drive it.

    The funny part is that many of Apples problems are never noted in the press, but when it comes to one teeny prob with MS watch out.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #356


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    As far as tiles go, get rid of the whole lot, I really think it's time to accept it for now and just wait, no amount of bashing can make things move any faster. I was reading a story about Photoshop some time ago, if they wanted to rewrite that it would take 10 years, so imagine the amount of work in Windows.
    I laughed.

    No, it wouldn't.

    In fact, they've allready made a Photoshop App for iOS and Android with a subset of its capability. Figure if they were starting from scratch using what they know from the original Photoshop.. probably a year.. two at the most to rewrite.
    It's pretty well known by now that when Bill reads anything, the first thing he does is misinterprets what's been written and then creates a story and history to go with that misinterpretation.
    Look Mate you should get yourself checked out, I don't know who stole your toys when you were a kid but you've got a problem. I know exactly what was written I don't need you to interpret anything with your poison.

    The story about Photoshop was written by the guy who actually started Photoshop, but yes you always know better.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #357


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    This isn't an Apple forum.

    That is why we mostly talk about windows.

    Nothing can save Windows 8 now
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #358


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    This isn't an Apple forum.

    That is why we mostly talk about windows.

    Nothing can save Windows 8 now
    Thats the problem you don't know anything about the real computing world and that's why it's so scary when something changes.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #359


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    This isn't an Apple forum.

    That is why we mostly talk about windows.

    Nothing can save Windows 8 now
    Some feel that it's important to keep comparing to the market leader/s, and to keep buying the products from the market leaders and telling everyone how many of those products they own. The same people will always retaliate with righteous indignation and/or asinine comments.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #360


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    You might be scared, Bill.

    I am looking forward to the next version of windows.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
Tough Times for Win 8 and MS
Related Threads
My screen times out after in Graphic Cards
a few minutes of video playback.. WMPlaye, VLC, youtube. ect... it will happen locally and on my secondary display (32inLED samsung TV) I've changed the settings to the same ones I had in windows 7 and it still times out. win 8.1 64bit stock hd intel video card and updated drivers lost as...
Solved The first of many times in General Support
OK, I am brand new in here and will probably wear the site out by the time I am finished. After many years with Windows 7 ( A piece of cake to use) I have made the big move to windows 8 and am going around in circles. The first question is: A. Somehow I managed to unpin the desktop flag on the...
Bluescreening (4 Times) On 1 Day old PC, help! in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
i just recently bought a new pc from Cyberpowerpc, and its bluescreened 4 times. it states the problem was caused by the driver "ntsokrnl.exe". does anyone know what the problem could be? after the blue screen, it also states the following files where sent to microsoft :...
Microsofts not dead yet folks. Where are the Three Amigos when you need them. More at the source http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57574468-75/microsoft-surface-pro-sales-hit-400k-in-a-hurry/
Various BSOD's at various times. in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hey guys, I am really getting frustrated with all these BSOD's I am getting. They vary from CACHE MANAGER errors to Kernel security failures, etc. I attach the rar as instructed and hope someone can help. Thanks.
BSOD on Win 8 3-4 times a day in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi guys Recently upgraded my wife's laptop from win 7 to the release preview build 8400 now im getting BSOD nearly 3-4 times a day I have memtest86'ed the ram, HDD Checkdisked, with no errors, I even changed hdd, and still getting crashes :( I have attached the minidump files for you to...
Crash a few times a day in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hey guys I have no idea how to read these minidumps. This is a new build for me, so it could be anything. I've included the last 2 minidumps if someone could take a look. Thank you!
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook