Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 Pro price slashed..........

  1. #81


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    How do any of us know what's in store for Windows Blue, we're all sitting around complaining and whining about an OS that cost $39, about the price of a lousy meal in Australia, or a 20k ride on a train or a few schooners of beer.

    Can't people just accept what we have at the moment, quite a few naysayers are starting to get to grips with Windows 8. If Windows Blue turns out to be a disaster as well for you, then you can all go out and burn your Bras and buy a $3000 MacBook Pro to sit on here and complain.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #82


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    I think someone's having a:

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #83


    South Coast NSW, Australia
    Posts : 615
    Windows 8.1 'Ultimate' RTM 64 bit (Pro/WMC).


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Here is something for people that complain about not being able to resize Metro Apps, now there's nothing left to complain about let's all have a party.
    Windows utility maker Stardock has released an amazing application that lets you run Windows 8 “Metro” apps in a window alongside traditional Windows applications. It’s not free, but if you use Windows 8 on a desktop PC as I do, this might be the best $5 you ever spend..
    How does this sit with you Ray, does this make the IMP better.

    That could be worth a serious looking-at for some of us.

    Thanks, Bill... :-)

    Wenda.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #84


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Opportunity? If you are one of the few who actually wants one - then it must be galling you can't use it. Not clear to me why it won't work on your machine - you didn't specify.
    Hello SIW,

    Wow! Apparently, you have to choose your words wisely or run the risk of getting bashed in this thread. So, let me change the word "Opportunity" to "Unfortunately" and now I guess I'll hear from the other side. BTW, I'm not "galled" at all; however, I am a bit surprised that YOU read so much into my post... quite an analysis on your part. And finally, I live in the US, and as far as I know, I cannot use a windows 8 version that was purchased with "quid!"
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #85


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    How do any of us know what's in store for Windows Blue, we're all sitting around complaining and whining about an OS that cost $39, about the price of a lousy meal in Australia, or a 20k ride on a train or a few schooners of beer.

    Can't people just accept what we have at the moment, quite a few naysayers are starting to get to grips with Windows 8. If Windows Blue turns out to be a disaster as well for you, then you can all go out and burn your Bras and buy a $3000 MacBook Pro to sit on here and complain.
    Hi there.
    why are people always so pessimistic. Let's wait and see. It might turn out to be OK -- after all I can't think of any company that DELIBERATELY wants to go bust.

    Actually your train prices seem fine in $ AU.

    I had to travel for business from Manchester(UK) to London recently -- around 640 KM return --- Business / First class on Virgin Trains cost me an absolutely Wallet Busting 441 GBP !!!! -- Lucky the business was paying -- For that price I could get nearly Three return flights from Amsterdam to Iceland, one flight from Manchester / London to LA or or even with a bit of searching one flight to 'OZ.

    I'm going to see if I can send the ticket to "The Guiness Book of Records" as the world most expensive railway ticket (based on cost per km).

    Screenshot enc -- Virgin trains UK price !!!!!

    (You can get much cheaper if you book in advance -- rarely possible in a lot of business instances -- the difference here also between going "Cattle class" which on that route is always GROSSLY OVERCROWDED where you'd have to stand all the way on that 7.00 AM service and ist class where you get a seat and can do some work before arriving at the meeting is worth the business paying the extra. -- However if say 5 or 6 of us were going HIRING A PLANE !!! would actually be cheaper !!).


    Cheers
    jimbo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails virgin.png  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #86


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    How do any of us know what's in store for Windows Blue, we're all sitting around complaining and whining about an OS that cost $39, about the price of a lousy meal in Australia, or a 20k ride on a train or a few schooners of beer.

    Can't people just accept what we have at the moment, quite a few naysayers are starting to get to grips with Windows 8. If Windows Blue turns out to be a disaster as well for you, then you can all go out and burn your Bras and buy a $3000 MacBook Pro to sit on here and complain.
    Hi there.
    why are people always so pessimistic. Let's wait and see. It might turn out to be OK -- after all I can't think of any company that DELIBERATELY wants to go bust.

    Actually your train prices seem fine in $ AU.

    I had to travel for business from Manchester(UK) to London recently -- around 640 KM return --- Business / First class on Virgin Trains cost me an absolutely Wallet Busting 441 GBP !!!! -- Lucky the business was paying -- For that price I could get nearly Three return flights from Amsterdam to Iceland, one flight from Manchester / London to LA or or even with a bit of searching one flight to 'OZ.

    I'm going to see if I can send the ticket to "The Guiness Book of Records" as the world most expensive railway ticket (based on cost per km).

    Screenshot enc -- Virgin trains UK price !!!!!

    (You can get much cheaper if you book in advance -- rarely possible in a lot of business instances -- the difference here also between going "Cattle class" which on that route is always GROSSLY OVERCROWDED where you'd have to stand all the way on that 7.00 AM service and ist class where you get a seat and can do some work before arriving at the meeting is worth the business paying the extra. -- However if say 5 or 6 of us were going HIRING A PLANE !!! would actually be cheaper !!).


    Cheers
    jimbo
    I like England, but I don't know how the poor old Brits can afford to live there, although Norway is even worse, beautiful places to visit but I think I'll stay in Australia. One good thing about England and Europe, Ryan Air and Easy Jet a lot cheaper than trains.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #87


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Wenda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Here is something for people that complain about not being able to resize Metro Apps, now there's nothing left to complain about let's all have a party.
    Windows utility maker Stardock has released an amazing application that lets you run Windows 8 “Metro” apps in a window alongside traditional Windows applications. It’s not free, but if you use Windows 8 on a desktop PC as I do, this might be the best $5 you ever spend..
    How does this sit with you Ray, does this make the IMP better.

    That could be worth a serious looking-at for some of us.

    Thanks, Bill... :-)

    Wenda.
    You're welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #88


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    We went from Stuttgart/Germany to Paris/France with the TGV. That is 632 KM driving distance one way. The TGV got us there in a bit over 3 hours and we paid 120 Euros round trip - for 2 people. But that was only possible because I had bought the tickets in France (we live not too far from the border). The German railroad wanted twice as much for exactly the same thing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #89


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    ... after all I can't think of any company that DELIBERATELY wants to go bust.
    No they don't. but through poor decision making they do or very nearly do. Look at Nokia, Blackberry, Sony etc as recent examples of tech companies that have been leaders of their field and are now struggling. It doesn't take much to start the spiral, just put enough customers off-side and once they find an alternative, they see no reason to go back.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #90


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    They are trying to do something about the poor sales.

    Not clear to me if they think massive price slashing is the whole answer - or if they are actually going to make the right changes with Blue.

    It looks more likely that they will.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Windows 8 Pro price slashed..........
Related Threads
Solved Windows 8 price. in General Support
Wasnt sure where to post this so i just put it here. When i go to windows website it says i can buy windows 8 for 120 usd but when i download windows upgrade assistant it wants to charge 120 euro which is nearly 160 usd, does anybody know what this is about? Thanks in advance JayJay
Price of gold vs price of drivers in Network & Sharing
Today, the price of gold sits around $1660/fine ounce, maybe Huawei should put their E173 and E220 drivers on wall st. The price per unit would surely surpass that of gold before the close of trade. On the Vodacom website there are two downloads for the E220, a pc software for vodafone and a VMC...
Windows 8 price in Australia in General Support
Please tell me my eyes are deceiving me, I spend a lot of time on tablets and computers, I hope I'm going cross eyed. Microsoft Store Australia Online Store - Windows 8 Pro
I would like to know windows 8 price in india Is it support only touch screen ?
Solved Windows 8 Price in General Support
I saw that the downloadable version of Windows 8 will be $39.99 until January 31, 2013. Do you know how much the downloadable version will go up to after January 31? Thanks
Windows 8 Pro Digital price !? in General Support
Hello i want to buy Windows 8 Pro, but the digital version, the downloadable version, and i've searched the web and i didn't find a price, only the pre-order from Microsoft. So the digital version, how much will it cost ? I've heard, something about 60 euros ? It's true ?
Solved A Bargain Price for Windows 8? in General Support
Amazon had a pre-order price of $50 for Windows 7. Will that happen for Windows 8?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook