Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 Pro price slashed..........

  1. #121


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    You're paying $30 per month, I'm paying $49 for a HTC OneX with a $280 pair of headphones free, $600 worth of calls and 2.5GB of data per month.
    Hey, which headphones have you got. I'm a bit of an Audio guy myself. I use a pair of Grado SR-125's at work, and a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's at home.
    The headphones are Beats by Dr De a beautiful set of head phones considering the price, zero. I'm pretty heavily into home theatre and music so I was pretty happy to get these to use with my tablets and phone when away from home.
    Actually I'm pretty stoked with the phone as well, I was looking at the Galaxy S3 but I believe this one is better.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #122


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    LOL at the first sentence

    If you were planning to rush out and purchase a w 8 PC this weekend....
    Who is he addressing it to - thin air ?

    Microsoft to Offer Price Cuts for Windows 8 PCs | Maximum PC

    Are those cuts in addition to the common $100 or in some cases 25% off sales which have been around some time?

    Dearie me.

    What do you have to do to get people to buy this stuff...gee, I wonder.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #123


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Is that a bad thing now, me personally, I love price cuts, the more the merrier. Laptops are already at crazy prices and I certainly don't need one, but if they get any cheaper I won't be able to resist.
    I have never in my whole life seen so many tablets and laptops the choice is huge, it's a great time to be a bargain hunter like me. I even bought my iPads when they came down in price.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #124


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    LOL at the first sentence

    If you were planning to rush out and purchase a w 8 PC this weekend....
    Who is he addressing it to - thin air ?

    Microsoft to Offer Price Cuts for Windows 8 PCs | Maximum PC

    Are those cuts in addition to the common $100 or in some cases 25% off sales which have been around some time?

    Dearie me.

    What do you have to do to get people to buy this stuff...gee, I wonder.
    Put Windows 7 on it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #125


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Lol - that may do the trick, it still seems to outsell 8 - not quite what I had in mind, though.


    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    LOL at the first sentence

    If you were planning to rush out and purchase a w 8 PC this weekend....
    Who is he addressing it to - thin air ?

    Microsoft to Offer Price Cuts for Windows 8 PCs | Maximum PC

    Are those cuts in addition to the common $100 or in some cases 25% off sales which have been around some time?

    Dearie me.

    What do you have to do to get people to buy this stuff...gee, I wonder.
    Put Windows 7 on it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #126


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    LOL at the first sentence

    If you were planning to rush out and purchase a w 8 PC this weekend....
    Who is he addressing it to - thin air ?

    Microsoft to Offer Price Cuts for Windows 8 PCs | Maximum PC

    Are those cuts in addition to the common $100 or in some cases 25% off sales which have been around some time?

    Dearie me.

    What do you have to do to get people to buy this stuff...gee, I wonder.
    The thing that's always attracted me to Microsoft products is price, lets face it I can do the same thing on a computer I build for a quarter of the price of an Apple Computer
    The reason I have so many computers is price, I can't resist a bargain, I'm like a woman in a shoe store when I'm in a tech store. I've even got two NAS and two Routers because a couple of them came on special.
    I nearly bought another laptop yesterday, the prices are driving me crazy, I also saw a lot of people hanging around the lappies so something must be working.
    Any cheaper and I'll be buying one for sure, when my family needs a computer I give them one of my old ones, so the system works well.

    Why would you put Windows 7 on anything and turn it into a slow old fashioned computer.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #127


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    If they get cheap enough - might get one and put a different os on it - oh wait, that would be counted as a sale for 8 though.

    If we hang on a bit, MS will be paying more "platform subsidy" than they get in fees.

    Might be worth it for them. As long as Joe public doesn't put a different os on them ( bit difficult for the average Joe) - then MS can milk them in other ways.

    Joking apart, best solution is for MS to get out a product offering people want - saves tham having to make these desperate moves.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #128


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    Just make sure the thing has a BIOS. Then you can wipe the playmobile and put something decent on it. A $400 laptop plus $100 for an SSD plus free Linux Mint makes a great system.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #129


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    If they get cheap enough - might get one and put a different os on it - oh wait, that would be counted as a sale for 8 though.

    If we hang on a bit, MS will be paying more "platform subsidy" than they get in fees.

    Might be worth it for them. As long as Joe public doesn't put a different os on them ( bit difficult for the average Joe) - then MS can milk them in other ways.

    Joking apart, best solution is for MS to get out a product offering people want - saves tham having to make these desperate moves.
    Oooohh don't go out and buy something with Windows 8 on it, we don't want those sales going up. Yeah joe pubic wont be changing OS, so they can either get milked by MS or buy an Apple computer and get really robbed blind by Apple.

    Or they can go out and by an Android tablet and get robbed by Google.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #130


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Just make sure the thing has a BIOS. Then you can wipe the playmobile and put something decent on it. A $400 laptop plus $100 for an SSD plus free Linux Mint makes a great system.
    Yeah problem is Mint runs slower than Windows 8 and what happens if the wireless doesn't work.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Windows 8 Pro price slashed..........
Related Threads
Solved Windows 8 price. in General Support
Wasnt sure where to post this so i just put it here. When i go to windows website it says i can buy windows 8 for 120 usd but when i download windows upgrade assistant it wants to charge 120 euro which is nearly 160 usd, does anybody know what this is about? Thanks in advance JayJay
Price of gold vs price of drivers in Network & Sharing
Today, the price of gold sits around $1660/fine ounce, maybe Huawei should put their E173 and E220 drivers on wall st. The price per unit would surely surpass that of gold before the close of trade. On the Vodacom website there are two downloads for the E220, a pc software for vodafone and a VMC...
Windows 8 price in Australia in General Support
Please tell me my eyes are deceiving me, I spend a lot of time on tablets and computers, I hope I'm going cross eyed. Microsoft Store Australia Online Store - Windows 8 Pro
I would like to know windows 8 price in india Is it support only touch screen ?
Solved Windows 8 Price in General Support
I saw that the downloadable version of Windows 8 will be $39.99 until January 31, 2013. Do you know how much the downloadable version will go up to after January 31? Thanks
Windows 8 Pro Digital price !? in General Support
Hello i want to buy Windows 8 Pro, but the digital version, the downloadable version, and i've searched the web and i didn't find a price, only the pre-order from Microsoft. So the digital version, how much will it cost ? I've heard, something about 60 euros ? It's true ?
Solved A Bargain Price for Windows 8? in General Support
Amazon had a pre-order price of $50 for Windows 7. Will that happen for Windows 8?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook