Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

There is no Plan B

  1. #31


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Microsoft has not made much of a dent in Apple's and Google's domination of mobile computing, but a top executive has hinted that it will not stop trying and does not have an alternative strategy.

    "We're very focused on continuing the success we have with PCs and taking that to tablets and phones," Microsoft's chief financial officer Peter Klein said at the annual Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference in San Francisco.

    Given Microsoft's lack of success so far, he was asked if there was an alternative strategy or 'Plan B' in reserve.

    "It's less 'Plan B' than how you execute on the current plan," said Klein. "We aim to evolve this generation of Windows to make sure we have the right set of experiences at the right price points for all customers."
    Microsoft Mobile | Windows Phone 8, Surface Tablet | No Plan B

    Then listen to your customers, separate the desktop from the MPI and give people what they want!
    There is already a separation from the Desktop and metro UI, it's called the Start Screen. You know, the part of the UI where you can put some Desktop programs tiles on?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #32


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    There is already a separation from the Desktop and metro UI, it's called the Start Screen. You know, the part of the UI where you can put some Desktop programs tiles on?
    And yet after so many posts, you still don't understand. This is the reason why the fight must continue, until even the thickest skulls in Microsoft can finally comprehend what so many are saying.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #33


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    There is already a separation from the Desktop and metro UI, it's called the Start Screen. You know, the part of the UI where you can put some Desktop programs tiles on?
    And yet after so many posts, you still don't understand. This is the reason why the fight must continue, until even the thickest skulls in Microsoft can finally comprehend what so many are saying.
    And this is why the fight continues so many thick skulled can comprehend that Windows 8 can do whatever the user wants it to do.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #34


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Also, there is a definitive difference between criticism and constructive criticism. No one listen to criticism unless if it's constructive. So far, there hasn't been a single person against Windows 8 that has offered a good piece of constructive criticism.

    "It needs a start menu!" Said every Windows 8 dissenter.
    "It needs a facebook app!" Said every person that doesn't understand what the term "desktop browser" means.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #35


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana y Borrás
    The only Santana I know is Carlos Santana.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #36


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    And this is why the fight continues so many thick skulled can comprehend that Windows 8 can do whatever the user wants it to do.
    No it doesn't. Without resorting to third party programs, I can't have the user interface that I enjoy with Windows 7.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Also, there is a definitive difference between criticism and constructive criticism. No one listen to criticism unless if it's constructive. So far, there hasn't been a single person against Windows 8 that has offered a good piece of constructive criticism.

    "It needs a start menu!" Said every Windows 8 dissenter.
    "It needs a facebook app!" Said every person that doesn't understand what the term "desktop browser" means.
    Very noble of you to so bluntly disparage anyone who doesn't agree with your view of the world or who doesn't come up to your standards.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #37


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana y Borrás
    The only Santana I know is Carlos Santana.
    One day you might actually surprise me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #38


    Posts : 138
    Windows 8 Pro


    Click image for larger versionHow will we ever survive?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #39


    Quote Originally Posted by sashlon View Post
    Click image for larger versionHow will we ever survive?
    Yes, how will we ever survive?! OMG! Where is it?!! Why did they put it there?!! What is this screen called Start?!! Where's the desktop?!! OMG! Where's Start Orb and Start Menu?!! My whole world is crushed!! OMG! It's all falling in around me!! What will we ever do now??!!!

    BTW, welcome to EightForums, sashlon.
    Last edited by HippsieGypsie; 15 Feb 2013 at 14:00.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #40


    Posts : 99
    Windows 8.1 Professional x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    And this is why the fight continues so many thick skulled can comprehend that Windows 8 can do whatever the user wants it to do.
    No it doesn't. Without resorting to third party programs, I can't have the user interface that I enjoy with Windows 7.
    In case you haven't realized, this isn't Windows 7. If you want Windows 7 that badly, go back to Windows 7. Honestly, if you're still complaining about the Start Screen, which is faster and more convenient to navigate than the 7 start menu, you obviously just dislike Metro. No one is going to chastise you for going back.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
There is no Plan B
Related Threads
Power Plan Affecting WiFI? in Performance & Maintenance
I was on a balanced power plan on my laptop while streaming on Netflix from my xbox. I couldn't get on any site on the laptop but I was able to use my iphone. On a hunch I switched to high performance and it works. Not sure if there is a relationship between power and the wifi on my laptop.
Solved how to remove entry's in win 8.1 power plan in Performance & Maintenance
Hi so is there any way to remove old not needed advanced entries in the windows 8.1 power plan settings. here is a picture of what i'm talking about. highlighted in red is what i don't need anymore any way to remove it?. 51352
Verizon's diabolical plan to turn the Web into pay-per-view | The Industry Standard - InfoWorld
Here is the whole story hope some one at M$ listens. A Windows 8 rebuild plan for Microsoft | ZDNet
What Power Plan do you use? in Performance & Maintenance
As title suggests, what power plan do you normally use on Windows 8? Do you switch between power plans depending on the situation at hand? I run Balanced most of the time, since my AMD CPU has Cool'N'Quiet technology, then switch over to High Performance when gaming.
Is there a plan B.? in General Support
Hi all, what happens if MS dont call there next OS Windows 8.:eek:
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook