Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Microsoft's 128GB Surface Pro sells out within hours

  1. #51


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post

    Id love to see a Professional pull out a Nexus, keyboard and mouse at a meeting or maybe a train on the way to work.
    For one, I am not a professional any more. And second, the Nexus can be 100% operated with finger touch. The keyboard and mouse are just more convenient for 'stationary' use. I think you are not getting my point.
    I think I get your point, I've got a few tablets and none of them are anything compared to Windows. Your needs and the needs of others are a completely different thing.

    A 128GB iPad by the time its completely decked out will set you back more than a Surface and cant do half as much. There are millions of people ready to hand over more than a thousand dollars for a Surface Pro.

    There's no iPad or Android tablet in the same league as a Surface Pro'.
    I think you are ready for a job in the M$ advertising department. LOL

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #52


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    I'd love to see a professional pull out their Surface Pro and start click-clacking and rap dancing on a train on the way to work.
    Right on Cue.

    Well at least they'll be able to update Excel while they're doing it, like the guy in the video.
    Anyone who believes that, will believe anything. Oh, wait...
    One thing I do believe is that the Surface Pro is better than anything that's been done to date. It might not be 100% perfect but then neither is the opposition.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #53


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post

    For one, I am not a professional any more. And second, the Nexus can be 100% operated with finger touch. The keyboard and mouse are just more convenient for 'stationary' use. I think you are not getting my point.
    I think I get your point, I've got a few tablets and none of them are anything compared to Windows. Your needs and the needs of others are a completely different thing.

    A 128GB iPad by the time its completely decked out will set you back more than a Surface and cant do half as much. There are millions of people ready to hand over more than a thousand dollars for a Surface Pro.

    There's no iPad or Android tablet in the same league as a Surface Pro'.
    I think you are ready for a job in the M$ advertising department. LOL
    I'm just stating a fact, there's simply nothing out there that can compete with Surface. I just wish my tablets would run Windows 8, I'd convert them right now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #54


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    It took Bill three iPads, and who knows how many Android ones, before he realised that he couldn't run Windows on them?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #55


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    It took Bill three iPads, and who knows how many Android ones, before he realised that he couldn't run Windows on them?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #56


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    It took Bill three iPads, and who knows how many Android ones, before he realised that he couldn't run Windows on them?
    I've always liked to try the latest tech, and as I tried it I realised that it would be a great idea to have it all running the same OS or be capable of all the same things. Along came Windows 8 so for me it's a dream come true, even if its not perfect just yet.

    If I didn't have so many tablets I'd get the Surface RT or Pro, although I don't know when the Pro is going to be available here. I know if I try one out I won't be able to resist.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #57


    I like trying the latest tech too, but unfortunately I gave too many other bills and expenses.

    And as I get older, and the fact that I work with computers everyday for a living, I've actually gotten to the point where I hardly touch them at home except for forum posts, email, and Facebook.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #58


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    The latest tech? Windows tablets, running Windows 7, have been out for at least two years, yet you've chosen iPads? You just had no genuine love for Windows.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #59


    To be fair, Windows 7 kinda sucked in a tablet interface..hence the reason that Windows 8 was changed so much.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #60


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    I like trying the latest tech too, but unfortunately I gave too many other bills and expenses.

    And as I get older, and the fact that I work with computers everyday for a living, I've actually gotten to the point where I hardly touch them at home except for forum posts, email, and Facebook.
    That's why I like tablets so much, you don't always need a full blown PC when you're getting older, but there are occasions when you do, which is where the Surface Pro will come in handy, you wont need a desktop anymore. To be perfectly honest I cant wait till the day I don't need a desktop anymore at all.

    But even though I'm getting older I still love tech and new advancements, which is why I'm wrapped in Windows 8 especially for my HTPC's.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Microsoft's 128GB Surface Pro sells out within hours
Related Threads
Want to install a 128GB SSD in Installation & Setup
I have a Kingston SSDNow V200 128 GB SATA III 6 GB/s 2.5-Inch SSD I was using on my old Dell Precision 370. I now have a new Lenovo IdeaCenter K450 running Windows 8 X64 and I want to install the SSD in it. This is what the drives look like now: 34390 I want to clone the 1st 4 partitions...
Microsoft: Windows 8 Has Logged 60 Billion Hours of Usage I wonder how they came up with that figure?
Microsoft starts taking orders for 128GB Surface Pro, $999 gets one shipped on March 1st
128GB Surface Pro ships with 83GB free, 64GB has only 23GB I think I mentioned earlier, why bother with such a small capacity SSD in the first place and why not allow the option of installing larger capacity hard drives? What's left after installing an Office suite and other programs, such as...
Read more at source: Microsoft Surface Pro to have half the Surface RT's battery life | ZDNet
Read rest of the story here
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook