Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Microsoft Surface Pro review

  1. #31


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Tim Cook said that you could not combine a Fridge and a Toaster
    I am afraid the reviews I have seen agree with him.

    However, if it does keep my drinks cold and make toast - I might buy one.

    That is pretty small and light - for a fridge.
    So I suppose you think it's going to end up a dud like Windows 7 or XP.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #32


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    I think we have ourselves a Black Knight: Black Knight - YouTube.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #33


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    That is not what I said.

    We can't call this one. We don't have the information MS has - whatever made them decide to go this way.

    I fear they may have got it wrong. We don't know yet.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #34


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    . The end result is that it's not a good laptop, and not a good tablet. In other words, the idea that Surface is a 'no compromises' device is a bunch of nonsense..

    All this has solidified my belief that Windows 8, as it stands now, was the wrong way to go
    Yep just like this genius.

    .. Why Windows 7 is Microsoft’s next ZuneMay 9th, 2009





    Why Windows 7 is Microsoft’s next Zune
    May 9th, 2009


    Daniel Eran Dilger




    Every once and a while I get the opportunity to appear brilliantly prescient by pointing out something that is blatantly obvious but which has been so obscured by valiant marketing efforts that it makes me look like a grand wizard at detecting emperor nakedness just to say it. In this case, it’s that Windows 7 is becoming the next Zune.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #35


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Nice on Ray.

    The relvant gag is from about 2m30 onwards ( for those who don't already know the sketch )


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    I think we have ourselves a Black Knight: Black Knight - YouTube.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #36


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    That is not what I said.

    We can't call this one. We don't have the information MS has - whatever made them decide to go this way.

    I fear they may have got it wrong. We don't know yet.
    Lets face facts, if the Media get their way, Microsoft is already dead and buried, it wouldn't matter what they bought out they have to deride it somehow.

    Actually I think even more dangerous for Microsoft is experienced Windows users, from all the Windows and Apple forums I've visited over the years, they're the most vocal and vicious.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #37


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Yes, that makes complete sense.


    A few years ago, somebody reviewed a product and got it wrong.

    Therefore it follows that all reviews of any product , by any reviewer - which do not fit your particular bias - must also be wrong.

    Of course - quite brilliant.


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    . The end result is that it's not a good laptop, and not a good tablet. In other words, the idea that Surface is a 'no compromises' device is a bunch of nonsense..

    All this has solidified my belief that Windows 8, as it stands now, was the wrong way to go
    Yep just like this genius.

    .. Why Windows 7 is Microsoft’s next ZuneMay 9th, 2009

    Why Windows 7 is Microsoft’s next Zune
    May 9th, 2009
    Daniel Eran Dilger




    Every once and a while I get the opportunity to appear brilliantly prescient by pointing out something that is blatantly obvious but which has been so obscured by valiant marketing efforts that it makes me look like a grand wizard at detecting emperor nakedness just to say it. In this case, it’s that Windows 7 is becoming the next Zune.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #38


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #39


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Lets face facts, if the Media get their way, Microsoft is already dead and buried, it wouldn't matter what they bought out they have to deride it somehow.
    Nonsense, overall the Xbox360 is well liked and Windows 7 was very well received. And Office is the universal standard.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Actually I think even more dangerous for Microsoft is experienced Windows users, from all the Windows and Apple forums I've visited over the years, they're the most vocal and vicious.
    We are the ones who are the most passionate and loyal to Microsoft products. And if we are squawking about issues, then there could be some things to take a look at.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #40


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Lets face facts, if the Media get their way, Microsoft is already dead and buried, it wouldn't matter what they bought out they have to deride it somehow.
    Nonsense, overall the Xbox360 is well liked and Windows 7 was very well received. And Office is the universal standard.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Actually I think even more dangerous for Microsoft is experienced Windows users, from all the Windows and Apple forums I've visited over the years, they're the most vocal and vicious.
    We are the ones who are the most passionate and loyal to Microsoft products. And if we are squawking about issues, then there could be some things to take a look at.
    Oh you mean horrible issues like moving the power button, or getting rid of the Start Menu( which most people never used or got confused over) I could go on, but you get the point.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Microsoft Surface Pro review
Related Threads
Microsoft Surface Pro. in Chillout Room
Well I bought a new Surface Pro about three weeks ago. Just love it, everything I wanted and more. Dog got in front of me today, ended up falling over him and my new Surface Pro ended in pieces all over the floor. Well, I just went out and bought another one and hopefully it won't get broke like...
Read more at: Microsoft 2013 year in review: It was (almost) all about 'Blue' | ZDNet
Surface 2 Review: First Week. in Drivers & Hardware
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonpussy/10470584025/in/set-72157634976691303http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonpussy/10470584025/http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7359/10470584025_0f536063e8_z.jpg I shall start by saying this purchase was not an impulse buy. Few of my gadgetry purchases are...
My Surface RT review in Drivers & Hardware
So, I’ve had my Surface RT for a couple of weeks and I wanted to lay out mythoughts/impressions about the device. Hopefully it’ll be an interesting read. HARDWARE The Surfaceis a beautiful device. Everything aboutthe hardware design and feel speaks volumes about the care, precision and...
Read more at source: Microsoft Surface Pro to have half the Surface RT's battery life | ZDNet
Hi everyone This seems for once a complete (with pics) and unbiased review of the surface RT tablet. Actually from this it looks far far better than I had imagined --and I'm not really a tablet lover either. If the PRO (full std W8 version) is as good even I might be sorely tempted. ...
Read more.. ITC to Review Xbox Ban Recommendation in Microsoft, Motorola Case | PCWorld
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook