Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Microsoft Surface Pro review

  1. #171


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Wasn't that the 60m figure?

    5 or 6 weeks since they calculated it, I would think.

    Has there been one since?

    Just curious. I would imagine if they could claim another 25-30m sales, they would be quick to do so.
    I would imagine they'd just report quarter to quarter, bigger numbers sound better like 80 million more sales over 9 or so weeks versus 20 million every couple of weeks.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #172


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    The smart thing would be to release them asap if they are good.

    Strange business with the surface pro.

    There might be announcement at some stage.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #173


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    The smart thing would be to release them asap if they are good.

    Strange business with the surface pro.

    There might be announcement at some stage.
    They might not even release the Surface tablet numbers until a year from now....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #174


    Posts : 902
    Win8.1 Pro, Desktop Mode


    Whatever numbers they do eventually release, there will almost certainly be a whole lot of spin, as it is starting to look like the surface is a turkey that the majority will avoid like the plague....

    Personally, were I to invest that kind of scratch, I would put it into a laptop. (although my own laptop was in the $500. range). But, keep in mind, that's just me. Your mileage may vary...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #175


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    They won't be in hurry if the numbers aren't great.

    It is a flagship product - not expected to sell hundreds of millions. If they get rid of 1-2m they will have done ok.

    RT did about 750,00 - tho MS did buy over 80,00 themselves.


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    The smart thing would be to release them asap if they are good.

    Strange business with the surface pro.

    There might be announcement at some stage.
    They might not even release the Surface tablet numbers until a year from now....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #176


    Tropical Island Pair a Dice
    Posts : 3,030
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64/ Windows 7 Ult x64


    It's a high end product, more designed for business and those that must have the latest and most powerful.

    It won't sell as many as an OEM W8 tablet with a Atom CPU, 2GB RAM and 64GB drive for $500.
    The next gen Intel Haswell i3 or atom with similar specs will be enough for the Average non-business user and even the non-intensive business user.
    MS may come out with this version, if they are smart.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #177


    Somewhere in USA
    Posts : 233
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Hello everyone!


    I was one of the few lucky in Frisco, TX to have got one of the 128 Pro on release day.

    As you can see, there was quite a bit of a line there since this seemed to be the only place that had them in the area. There was like 100 in front of me at 10:30 and another 50-75 behind or so until they started telling people they were sold out.









    As you can see with my setup, browsing 3 windows and the ability to use my Surface if I wanted to, is pretty freaking amazing! I love it this way so I can just hook it up when in my room, and have my full pc in the living room when I want to go in there or anywhere else. I have a desktop that i'd like to move away from since I really don't use it for anything, but occasional Photoshop and video editing. No gaming, so I don't have a graphics card.
    The HD 4000 works impressively fine for my needs.

    Today, I messed with the power options and i'm trying to debate on keeping my desktop. The negatives I faced was when using Adobe Flash video as the temps went up. I was able to find the slowest processor speed while keeping the temps down while maintaining smooth enough video. I took care of any wifi issues to my NAS in the living room from the WDTV Live Plus with a USB 3 hub to run my USB 3 desktop hard drive and USB 3 to ethernet adapter to eliminate any network lag so I can pretty much do away with the desktop for good now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #178


    Posts : 835
    Win 8.1 Pro


    from my understanding, the HD4000 will play Black OPs 2 really well. Or even Serious Sam, so anything from that era or graphics level is supposed to play well on it. Just an FYI.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #179


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    What are you using for precision input?


    Quote Originally Posted by EMINENT View Post
    Hello everyone!


    I was one of the few lucky in Frisco, TX to have got one of the 128 Pro on release day.

    As you can see, there was quite a bit of a line there since this seemed to be the only place that had them in the area. There was like 100 in front of me at 10:30 and another 50-75 behind or so until they started telling people they were sold out.









    As you can see with my setup, browsing 3 windows and the ability to use my Surface if I wanted to, is pretty freaking amazing! I love it this way so I can just hook it up when in my room, and have my full pc in the living room when I want to go in there or anywhere else. I have a desktop that i'd like to move away from since I really don't use it for anything, but occasional Photoshop and video editing. No gaming, so I don't have a graphics card.
    The HD 4000 works impressively fine for my needs.

    Today, I messed with the power options and i'm trying to debate on keeping my desktop. The negatives I faced was when using Adobe Flash video as the temps went up. I was able to find the slowest processor speed while keeping the temps down while maintaining smooth enough video. I took care of any wifi issues to my NAS in the living room from the WDTV Live Plus with a USB 3 hub to run my USB 3 desktop hard drive and USB 3 to ethernet adapter to eliminate any network lag so I can pretty much do away with the desktop for good now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #180


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Do you think it would be wise for MS to go into direct competition with the oem's ?


    Dave,

    It won't sell as many as an OEM Windows 8 tablet with a Atom CPU, 2GB RAM and 64GB drive for $500.
    The next gen Intel Haswell i3 or atom with similar specs will be enough for the Average non-business user and even the non-intensive business user.
    MS may come out with this version, if they are smart.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Microsoft Surface Pro review
Related Threads
Microsoft Surface Pro. in Chillout Room
Well I bought a new Surface Pro about three weeks ago. Just love it, everything I wanted and more. Dog got in front of me today, ended up falling over him and my new Surface Pro ended in pieces all over the floor. Well, I just went out and bought another one and hopefully it won't get broke like...
Read more at: Microsoft 2013 year in review: It was (almost) all about 'Blue' | ZDNet
Surface 2 Review: First Week. in Drivers & Hardware
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonpussy/10470584025/in/set-72157634976691303http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonpussy/10470584025/http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7359/10470584025_0f536063e8_z.jpg I shall start by saying this purchase was not an impulse buy. Few of my gadgetry purchases are...
My Surface RT review in Drivers & Hardware
So, Iíve had my Surface RT for a couple of weeks and I wanted to lay out mythoughts/impressions about the device. Hopefully itíll be an interesting read. HARDWARE The Surfaceis a beautiful device. Everything aboutthe hardware design and feel speaks volumes about the care, precision and...
Read more at source: Microsoft Surface Pro to have half the Surface RT's battery life | ZDNet
Hi everyone This seems for once a complete (with pics) and unbiased review of the surface RT tablet. Actually from this it looks far far better than I had imagined --and I'm not really a tablet lover either. If the PRO (full std W8 version) is as good even I might be sorely tempted. ...
Read more.. ITC to Review Xbox Ban Recommendation in Microsoft, Motorola Case | PCWorld
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook