Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Intel will stop making desktop PC motherboards

  1. #11


    Quote Originally Posted by darksupernova View Post
    I didn't even know they made motherboards and I've been upgrading my pc for 15 years! Maybe they weren't that good?
    Oh, they are popular. But they aren't overclocker or tweaker boards. And they tend to be more expensive. That's probably why you didn't notice them before, I'm sure you just filtered them out.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darksupernova View Post
    I didn't even know they made motherboards and I've been upgrading my pc for 15 years! Maybe they weren't that good?
    Oh, they are popular. But they aren't overclocker or tweaker boards. And they tend to be more expensive. That's probably why you didn't notice them before, I'm sure you just filtered them out.
    Sounds about right! You had me at expensive! I like to get the best bang for my buck!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Quote Originally Posted by darksupernova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darksupernova View Post
    I didn't even know they made motherboards and I've been upgrading my pc for 15 years! Maybe they weren't that good?
    Oh, they are popular. But they aren't overclocker or tweaker boards. And they tend to be more expensive. That's probably why you didn't notice them before, I'm sure you just filtered them out.
    Sounds about right! You had me at expensive! I like to get the best bang for my buck!
    Some would argue that Intel boards provide a great deal of bang for the buck. Very stable, drivers available and Intel NIC's are supported in practically every OS and version, unlike chipsets like Atheros, Broadcom, etc...which might not support everything else. They don't always provide the latest whizbangs features, but they have been rock solid stable for me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    The issue with being a student for my whole life is that I've always wanted maximum gaming performance from a fixed budget, so I think intel boards must have just slipped through the net for me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Intel boards aren't gaming boards. You don't get lots of gaming features and overclockability. That is why they have never entered your radar.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Intel boards aren't gaming boards. You don't get lots of gaming features and overclockability. That is why they have never entered your radar.
    Ahh i see! Well that explains it then!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 2,975
    Windows 10 x64


    It's a strategic move by Intel, probably because the boards cost something but they are less popular than the processors.
    They concentrate in making better processors. The nm size gets smaller and smaller with each version and it becomes more difficult to manufacture I guess.

    They will remove the boards but the CPU's will definitely be soldered on any third party manufacturer mobo anyway.

    I was against CPU soldering but I now understand the advantage: reduce electric resistance as good as possible for the lowest heat production and best speeds, then even higher frequencies are easier to handle. It all makes sense.

    They provided good hardware until now and I wish them luck, no matter how powerful they are, in creating the next best thing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Quote Originally Posted by Hopachi View Post
    It's a strategic move by Intel, probably because the boards cost something but they are less popular than the processors.
    They concentrate in making better processors. The nm size gets smaller and smaller with each version and it becomes more difficult to manufacture I guess.

    They will remove the boards but the CPU's will definitely be soldered on any third party manufacturer mobo anyway.

    I was against CPU soldering but I now understand the advantage: reduce electric resistance as good as possible for the lowest heat production and best speeds, then even higher frequencies are easier to handle. It all makes sense.

    They provided good hardware until now and I wish them luck, no matter how powerful they are, in creating the next best thing.
    +1 to that!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Intel will stop making desktop PC motherboards
Related Threads
Some how, some way I have turned on some kind of Google/Chrome desktop on my Asus ME400C. It opens up when I click on the chrome icon or something brings it up (see attached image). First does anyone know how to turn this off, all I want is chrome not Google's ?am desktop.:( Second, how do I...
Had an interesting experience the other day while shopping for a new PC for my wife. The salesman (?) told us not to buy an HP desktop because HP is now putting inferior laptop motherboards in their desktops. I thought that this was a pretty wild claim, because: 1. the connections for USB, VGA,...
I have installed windows 8.1 on my machine Can any one told me that how to make desktop like this
I want my desktop icons to be arranged to a pattern I like. But whenever I do this Windows 8 will destroy my pattern randomly back to default. Is there a way to stop this? I have Auto arrange icons unchecked BTW. I have Start8 and Windows 7 widget support installed if this makes a difference. (I...
Home Built Desktop with various Stop errors! in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Good Afternoon, I recently built a computer using parts from Newegg and Best Buy. The computer runs pretty well although I routinely run into the BSOD, atleast 2 or 3 times upon startup, after which the BSOD rarely ever happens. I've had numerous different kinds of stop codes ranging from...
Intel Clovertrail Tweaking Desktop in Performance & Maintenance
Is there any way I can improve the speed on desktop its a lil slowish.
Is there any way to stop desktop IE10 from logging in automatically to Hotmail, Skydrive etc when Win 8 is tied to a MS account?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook