Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 uncertainty blamed for decline in PC sales

  1. #251


    Dual monitors have to be the same model I was told, I have/had two and win 8 worked, after a fashion but not what I intended, so binned one. My son has three monitors on 8 and all same model and it works seamlessly.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #252


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    I think trying to explain this is a lost cause. I've previously even posted screen shots trying to demonstrate the concept; to be met by blank looks from the same people. Many here do understand what I'm suggesting, but I think the simple belief that Windows 8 has no shortfalls is blinding some from wishing to see alternative views. In time, I suspect that what I'm suggesting will come about and then Windows 8 will start to reach some maturity, at the moment, the kids are having fun.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #253


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by elbmek View Post
    Dual monitors have to be the same model I was told, I have/had two and win 8 worked, after a fashion but not what I intended, so binned one. My son has three monitors on 8 and all same model and it works seamlessly.
    They don't have to be the same model or resolution. Mine are completely different and work fine with Windows 8.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #254


    Yep, different sizes and resolution here too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #255


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    I think trying to explain this is a lost cause. I've previously even posted screen shots trying to demonstrate the concept; to be met by blank looks from the same people. Many here do understand what I'm suggesting, but I think the simple belief that Windows 8 has no shortfalls is blinding some from wishing to see alternative views. In time, I suspect that what I'm suggesting will come about and then Windows 8 will start to reach some maturity, at the moment, the kids are having fun.
    I think I see the problem here Ray, you're way smarter than all the people on this forum, that's why nobody understands you. It's as if you're from the Planet Kryptonite or something.

    At least you're kind enough to try empower us with your knowledge, but it must be hard to converse with mere mortals, I feel for you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #256


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    I think I see the problem here Ray, you're way smarter than all the people on this forum, that's why nobody understands you. It's as if you're from the Planet Kryptonite or something.

    At least you're kind enough to try empower us with your knowledge, but it must be hard to converse with mere mortals, I feel for you.
    You really do have a problem, don't you. Rational discussion seems to fail you; the fallback is always disparaging or insulting replies. I'm not sure why you even bother, unless attempting to put down people with differing views gives you some sort of high.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #257


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    I think trying to explain this is a lost cause. I've previously even posted screen shots trying to demonstrate the concept; to be met by blank looks from the same people. Many here do understand what I'm suggesting, but I think the simple belief that Windows 8 has no shortfalls is blinding some from wishing to see alternative views. In time, I suspect that what I'm suggesting will come about and then Windows 8 will start to reach some maturity, at the moment, the kids are having fun.
    I think the problem lies with you Ray, your comment is full of disparaging remarks, and you're always saying people don't understand you, you're the one putting people down.

    People understand you, they just don't care about the fact that you can't run 30 programmes on 2 or 3 monitors or whatever it is your trying to do. They also don't care that you're always saying you're right and Microsoft is wrong.

    I could go on and on but you'd just say I'm insulting you so I'll just leave it here and let you know that I too don't like some things in Windows 8, but I realise this is a major transition and am willing to wait for things to fall into place. In the meantime I'm enjoying the cheap upgrade for 4 of my computers, thanks Microsoft.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #258


    Fiji
    Posts : 77
    7HP x64/7 Ultimate x32


    You two need to get a room - it's getting old!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #259


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Lomai View Post
    You two need to get a room - it's getting old!
    It does seem that way, Bill 'Gates' Windows agin a wee Aussie battler. There we were, three against a thousand, up to our arm pits in beer cans and by God those three gave us hell.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #260


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Yep, different sizes and resolution here too.
    Same for me too -- from small to huge -- 3 monitors all present and correct - including one with Touch as well .

    One running 3 VM's, one running Photoshop, and one watching "Sky Sports" via a proxy and the "Sky GO" service.

    No problems at all with W8 -- don't know what the problem is (was) .

    Most people just don't CARE how windows works - they just want to use it. -- Same with cars -- I'll bet there are even a load of drivers out there who don't even know how to open the lid ("hood" / "bonnet" or whatever it's called these days).

    (Mind you that does remind me of the time when I rented one of those new fangled all electronic gizmos that passes for an "automobile" these days with electronic this that and everything and a load of hieroglyphics inside that wouldn't have looked out of place inside the cockpit of a Jumbo jet - whatever happened to the simple fuel gauge and speedo - and I needed to fill up. - Of course when I got to a busy filling station near London's Heathrow Airport I hadn't a clue how to open the gas tank to fill up -- and everybody gave me that look as if they thought I'd stolen the car. - Anyway I was really embarrassed when a young lady - couldn't have been more than 18 / 19 just said - here do it like this. -- And me having been an electrical and oil / gas engineer couldn't even open a car's gas tank !!).

    Modern technology -- we just have to get used to it if we need to survive today - but don't totally throw away the old as you might need that too in unexpected situations..

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Windows 8 uncertainty blamed for decline in PC sales
Related Threads
Source A Guy
Analyst: Windows 8.1 Won?t Stop Microsoft?s Decline
Read more at source: Hard drive prices - and innovation - decline | ZDNet
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook