Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 uncertainty blamed for decline in PC sales

  1. #221


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Nothing new there, it's what I and others here have been saying from the outset. RT is a lame duck and should have come out after 8 (if ever) and the interface should have been far better implemented. Everything that is good about Windows 8 is being dragged down by dumb design and marketing decisions. However, the usual crowd will say everything is perfect with Windows 8 and people are too stupid to use it.
    "Who's a clever boy then"

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #222


    What MS need to do is develop a version, take it into the ordinary average joe soap home and ask families to blast it, not whizz kids with degrees and no sense. This way they get a feel for how the public will react, cause thats where their profits come from.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #223


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Nothing new there, it's what I and others here have been saying from the outset. RT is a lame duck and should have come out after 8 (if ever) and the interface should have been far better implemented. Everything that is good about Windows 8 is being dragged down by dumb design and marketing decisions. However, the usual crowd will say everything is perfect with Windows 8 and people are too stupid to use it.
    "Who's a clever boy then"
    Ironic also that you keep parroting the same response when you have nothing sensible to say. Insults are the last domain of losers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #224


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Nothing new there, it's what I and others here have been saying from the outset. RT is a lame duck and should have come out after 8 (if ever) and the interface should have been far better implemented. Everything that is good about Windows 8 is being dragged down by dumb design and marketing decisions. However, the usual crowd will say everything is perfect with Windows 8 and people are too stupid to use it.
    Yes, Ray, everything is well in the Windows 8 world, but surely not perfect. The interface is implemented the way MS designed it and works well for navigation, especially on a Surface. And no, Ray, it's not that we think people to be stupid, but rather more impatient with the higher learning curve, therefore I think it wise not to make accusations like that.

    I think it to be non-techies buying the Surface RT thinking it will run legacy programs as does other devices as it was reported from the start, especially since it has a version of Office preloaded. I would imagine that would be confusing for many, especially the non-technical public. One must remember that it's other middlemen that are selling the Surface RT also and perhaps giving misinformation. Like many new products introduced, they have these types of problems. I'm quite sure we've all been misinformed about a product at one time or another. I know I have.

    So far as the RT introduced before the Pro; I'm quite sure that MS rushed the RT out the door to meet the Holiday shopping crowd. They had to get something out there, especially trying to coincide with the release of 8. They surely missed the school season. Besides that, the RT creates a fever for the Pro, which is a marketing tactic. Apple is notorious for this. "OMG! The next iFruit product is on it's way! Ya' gotta have it! Get ready!"

    Speaking of rushing things out. How about the infamous iPhone antennae scandal? And then try to cover it up with an update?!! But Apple can do no wrong.....

    In summary, Ray; MS is not perfect. Neither is the rest of the world. They are, however, have been very innovative these recent days.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #225


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by elbmek View Post
    What MS need to do is develop a version, take it into the ordinary average joe soap home and ask families to blast it, not whizz kids with degrees and no sense. This way they get a feel for how the public will react, cause thats where their profits come from.
    Microsoft should have a pretty good feel by now:

    Microsoft's Windows RT Surface tablet is off to an exceedingly poor start, with sales of at most 750,000, and very high rates of return.

    ...people were forgoing the Surface and instead buying iPads.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #226


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Two or so months of a product being released under constrained deployment of roughly 60 stores can't do crap against tens of thousands of apple stores, best buys, Staples, ect., ect., ect.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #227


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Nothing new there, it's what I and others here have been saying from the outset. RT is a lame duck and should have come out after 8 (if ever) and the interface should have been far better implemented. Everything that is good about Windows 8 is being dragged down by dumb design and marketing decisions. However, the usual crowd will say everything is perfect with Windows 8 and people are too stupid to use it.
    "Who's a clever boy then"
    Ironic also that you keep parroting the same response when you have nothing sensible to say. Insults are the last domain of losers.
    Whats the use of me saying anything when you're continually pounding your chest and bringing up stories to prove your point. You're no different than the media who try to bury anything not Apple, look at what they're doing to RIM, like vultures on a carcass.

    We get it Ray, you're right, always right. I agree Microsoft should have listened to you and done things your way, they've just got no idea. Why don't you email Steve Balmer and put him on the right track, I'm sure he could use your help.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #228


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Nothing new there, it's what I and others here have been saying from the outset. RT is a lame duck and should have come out after 8 (if ever) and the interface should have been far better implemented. Everything that is good about Windows 8 is being dragged down by dumb design and marketing decisions. However, the usual crowd will say everything is perfect with Windows 8 and people are too stupid to use it.
    Yes, Ray, everything is well in the Windows 8 world, but surely not perfect. The interface is implemented the way MS designed it and works well for navigation, especially on a Surface. And no, Ray, it's not that we think people to be stupid, but rather more impatient with the higher learning curve, therefore I think it wise not to make accusations like that.

    I think it to be non-techies buying the Surface RT thinking it will run legacy programs as does other devices as it was reported from the start, especially since it has a version of Office preloaded. I would imagine that would be confusing for many, especially the non-technical public. One must remember that it's other middlemen that are selling the Surface RT also and perhaps giving misinformation. Like many new products introduced, they have these types of problems. I'm quite sure we've all been misinformed about a product at one time or another. I know I have.

    So far as the RT introduced before the Pro; I'm quite sure that MS rushed the RT out the door to meet the Holiday shopping crowd. They had to get something out there, especially trying to coincide with the release of 8. They surely missed the school season. Besides that, the RT creates a fever for the Pro, which is a marketing tactic. Apple is notorious for this. "OMG! The next iFruit product is on it's way! Ya' gotta have it! Get ready!"

    Speaking of rushing things out. How about the infamous iPhone antennae scandal? And then try to cover it up with an update?!! But Apple can do no wrong.....

    In summary, Ray; MS is not perfect. Neither is the rest of the world. They are, however, have been very innovative these recent days.
    I disagree, there have been numerous posts in this forum either directly or indirectly accusing people who don't like the Windows 8 interface as being stupid. The interface works, nor is it difficult to understand, but it is not what many consider functional. How many times does that have to be explained?

    If middle-men are having trouble selling the product, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the middle-man that are at fault. A good product will sell itself, it doesn't need urging and telling people to be patient. Microsoft is still in nappies (diapers) when it comes to matching Apple's sales/marketing dynamics, rushing out the RT is akin to rushing out Vista; you only get one chance at a first impression.

    You don't justify a product's failures by pointing out the failures of other's products; just like you don't sell a product by putting down your competition's products. That's one of the very basics of good/effective marketing. Your arguments therefore fail. In many respects, there's very little that is innovative about Windows 8, they are copying and trying to play catch-up with Apple and Android, and in the process alienating all of their traditional user base, other than some adopters that keen as Amway sales people.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #229


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    We get it Ray, you're right, always right. I agree Microsoft should have listened to you and done things your way, they've just got no idea. Why don't you email Steve Balmer and put him on the right track, I'm sure he could use your help.
    Yes, I am right, but you and many others don't seem to get it. Every time that there's a post about people having issues with Windows 8, you and others pipe in saying there are no issues, everything works perfectly.

    To that end, I'll keep pointing out these issues as long as people keep saying there aren't any. Whether that annoys you or not, is your problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #230


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    We get it Ray, you're right, always right. I agree Microsoft should have listened to you and done things your way, they've just got no idea. Why don't you email Steve Balmer and put him on the right track, I'm sure he could use your help.
    Yes, I am right, but you and many others don't seem to get it. Every time that there's a post about people having issues with Windows 8, you and others pipe in saying there are no issues, everything works perfectly.

    To that end, I'll keep pointing out these issues as long as people keep saying there aren't any. Whether that annoys you or not, is your problem.
    I can literally list several issues I don't prefer in Windows 8 and would like to see changed. No one is saying it's perfect and has no issues, OTHER THAN issues in how people use it ineffectively.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Windows 8 uncertainty blamed for decline in PC sales
Related Threads
Source A Guy
Analyst: Windows 8.1 Won?t Stop Microsoft?s Decline
Read more at source: Hard drive prices - and innovation - decline | ZDNet
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook