Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 uncertainty blamed for decline in PC sales

  1. #201


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    It took you three iPads to come to that conclusion?
    Well those and a couple of Android phones, and an Android tablet, and then Windows 8. While I liked the other products, there was always something missing, then when I first downloaded the first preview of Windows 8, I actually got excited for the first time in a long time, it was as if I could see into the future and see all these things come together.

    Maybe it was just a dream, maybe it will never happen, maybe other people can't see what I can see, maybe all people can see is their beloved Start Menu gone, but I hope it turns out the way I see it.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #202


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post

    I'll tag team this and add this... Nokia Lumia 920 a big hit in China with fast sellouts
    I just loaded my Windows 8 Pro OEM System Builder edition. That's 4 editions (EE twice because I didn't know I could renew until after the fact) I've loaded without a hitch. And with much convenience of which I'll explain in a new thread tomorrow a.m. RP and EE editions ran as smooth as silk with very minimal problems.

    The Windows 8 train has left the station. When this thing gets up to full speed by late Spring to mid Summer, there will be no way of stopping it. Along with Windows phone 8 and the Surfaces, MS will make a ton of money. I dare say this is one of the biggest technological and marketing breakthroughs since the iPad and iPhone combo. The trifecta delivered as predicted and planned.
    Can you convert that to English, rather than Microsoft marketing speak.
    I'll be more than happy to do that for you.

    Good product = Sales = Success
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #203


    Posts : 203
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Just remember the world was supposedly suppose to end for some people on December 21, 2012.

    I don't think the same group of people who believed in the internet scare was rushing out to get a brand new on sale Windows 8 PC on Black Friday before the holidays and Boxing Day.

    I pretty sure they spent most of their money on 2012 survival kits and canned food.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #204


    I do not believe that the desktop pc is dead, or dying. I have both a laptop and a pc and use both regularly, in fact daily. I have no interest at all in buying what is to me, a gimmick. People riding on buses and trains, all plugged into little tiny boxes in their pockets, reading book on Kindles. Naw, its like the mini skirt - something will take its place. Remembering back then when, tv were on about using wrist watches to communicate, that would have been a (big) gimmick.

    I use both my ltop and pc for gaming as well as work, surfing etc. Games for the pc are few and far between now, because of dedicated games consoles, but I prefer my pc and 24 inch screen and will stay there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #205


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Good product = Sales = Success
    That's true, but which product are you talking about now?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #206


    Posts : 85
    Windows 10 64-bit/ Windows 8.1 64-bit


    I've seen Windows 8 ads and I don't even watch much live television (As well as the click-clack Surface ads) I wear glasses for reading and I can't use a smartphone to do internet tasks. I think I'll stick to two laptops and two desktops, I don't need a tablet computer and it really would end up in a drawer somewhere. My mobile (cell phone) is five years old and I don't intend to replace it. It's sad Apple leeches money from its flock so often eating it up with a 'new release' that really is just a slightly shinier version with a little more storage. My old laptop running Vista is more powerful than that IPad, with a 320 GB harddrive.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #207


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by elbmek View Post
    I do not believe that the desktop pc is dead, or dying. I have both a laptop and a pc and use both regularly, in fact daily. I have no interest at all in buying what is to me, a gimmick. People riding on buses and trains, all plugged into little tiny boxes in their pockets, reading book on Kindles. Naw, its like the mini skirt - something will take its place. Remembering back then when, tv were on about using wrist watches to communicate, that would have been a (big) gimmick.

    I use both my ltop and pc for gaming as well as work, surfing etc. Games for the pc are few and far between now, because of dedicated games consoles, but I prefer my pc and 24 inch screen and will stay there.
    Unfortunately the PC world is changing, or fortunately depending on your point of view, people no longer need a big box to go onto the net and send emails, listen to Music and watch videos etc. these things can be done just as easily with phones, tablets and phablets. Microsoft recognises this and is adjusting to the monumental shift, none of these things are gimmicks, just look at the money they're pulling in.

    Those watches you're talking about are also coming to reality.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #208


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Let's hope Windows 8 1st, or later, birthdays aren't remembered in this way:

    Our big boy Windows Vista is turning six today, and like any proud, overbearing and slightly embarrassing parent, we want to give a little speech. Only, in this case, we want to remind you just why Vista was a godforsaken OS with more design flaws than the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Happy Birthday, buddy.
    Happy Birthday Vista! Here’s Why You Sucked | Gizmodo Australia

    However, there are some worrying similarities.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #209


    Quote Originally Posted by elbmek View Post
    reading book on Kindles.
    I read books on my Kindle. We have 3 Kindles in our house. Much preferred now over traditional paperbacks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #210


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Let's hope Windows 8 1st, or later, birthdays aren't remembered in this way:

    Our big boy Windows Vista is turning six today, and like any proud, overbearing and slightly embarrassing parent, we want to give a little speech. Only, in this case, we want to remind you just why Vista was a godforsaken OS with more design flaws than the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Happy Birthday, buddy.
    Happy Birthday Vista! Here’s Why You Sucked | Gizmodo Australia

    However, there are some worrying similarities.
    Well I must admit I never had any problems with Vista and I've had no major dramas with Windows 8 aside from installing Windows 7 drivers on a Netbook and a HTPC.

    So for me I'm a happy little vegemite, my two HTPC's are running better than ever before and the other two PCs are like new again, thanks Microsoft and Windows 8, best $160 I've ever spent.

    Oh and thanks for the 3 free copies of MCE. And I'm loving the games from the Windows store.

    If I got sucked in, I wish this would happen more often, thanks again Microsoft.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Windows 8 uncertainty blamed for decline in PC sales
Related Threads
Source A Guy
Analyst: Windows 8.1 Won?t Stop Microsoft?s Decline
Read more at source: Hard drive prices - and innovation - decline | ZDNet
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook