Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


What do normal people think of new Windows 8 PCs?

  1. #101


    I met a normal person once. He was a nice guy, but rather boring.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #102


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    I encountered more normal people yesterday when I dropped off a Dell puter with a fresh copy of Windows 8 Pro. And again, still a positive response! I did have to show how to do things, but it wasn't too difficult. I have a feeling that their kids will pick up Windows 8 pretty quickly, they were pretty enthused about Angry Birds: Star Wars being on there!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #103


    I finally got the chance to try out windows 8 on a tablet. The one I saw was eh. First off it was frozen someone was using excel or whatever and it just got stuck with some command-line window or something. I had to restart it and it took a while to even open up. Using it on the tablet form felt more natural. I didn't even bother going into desktop because I didn't want it to freeze possibly. I saw this guy that wanted to try it but couldn't since it was frozen. I think overall even though it was a decent experience I don't know that it would be good enough to convince me to buy it as a tablet.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #104


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    I encountered more normal people yesterday when I dropped off a Dell puter with a fresh copy of Windows 8 Pro. And again, still a positive response! I did have to show how to do things, but it wasn't too difficult. I have a feeling that their kids will pick up Windows 8 pretty quickly, they were pretty enthused about Angry Birds: Star Wars being on there!
    These are definitely normal people if all they look for are some useless games.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #105


    Posts : 60
    Windows 8.1


    Hi; Just joined here and this looks like a good place to put my first post. I'm using my old Dell XP till my Black Friday Windows 8 Dell arrives next week. I plan on absorbing as much from this great site till it arrives as I've got no experience with Windows 8. Do you have a chatroom or can you direct me to a chatroom that helps with newbs ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #106


    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 2,975
    Windows 10 x64


    What's the definition of normal people anyway?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #107


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Good question.

    Perhaps the opposite of power users.

    Maybe they just click/jab at things - no idea what is going on , why, or where they are going.

    They just expect it to work. Work meaning jab at this and play a mindless game. Jab at that and go straight to twitbook. Jab at the other and do a bit of online shopping.

    Exactly the sort win8 might appeal to at first glance.

    Maybe they won't notice or object to the advertising being aimed at them. Perhaps they are likely to do what the os tells them - set up an ms account - go online - buy a few apps. every month - start storing stuff up there - it's only a few bucks each time. When there are enough people doing enough of that - Hey why not try our subscription service - only $10 a month for the basic service - set up a direct debit - you don't have to think about it after that.

    I see you have been using the basic service for a while - step up a level - it's only another $10 a month - you won't even notice - and if you do it now - we will throw in x, y, and z for "free".

    When that has been established - perhaps you will have to pay every month/by usage always - not buy the license up front as we do now.

    Maybe there will be an option to buy the license up front - at least at first - but it will be pricey - encouraging people to do the subscription option.

    I rather suspect that is what MS thinks the average user is.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #108


    Quote Originally Posted by LetMeIn View Post
    Hi; Just joined here and this looks like a good place to put my first post. I'm using my old Dell XP till my Black Friday Windows 8 Dell arrives next week. I plan on absorbing as much from this great site till it arrives as I've got no experience with Windows 8. Do you have a chatroom or can you direct me to a chatroom that helps with newbs ?
    Welcome to EightForums, LetMeIn. Good to have you.

    No such room. You could probably start with the forum rules. Those are good to know.

    WARNING: After using/learning Windows 8 with approximately one month of active membership, you will become "abnormal".

    Don't say I didn't warn you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #109


    Posts : 60
    Windows 8.1


    Thankyou HippsieGypsie
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #110


    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 2,975
    Windows 10 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Good question.

    Perhaps the opposite of power users.

    Maybe they just click/jab at things - no idea what is going on , why, or where they are going.

    They just expect it to work. Work meaning jab at this and play a mindless game. Jab at that and go straight to twitbook. Jab at the other and do a bit of online shopping.

    Exactly the sort win8 might appeal to at first glance.

    Maybe they won't notice or object to the advertising being aimed at them. Perhaps they are likely to do what the os tells them - set up an ms account - go online - buy a few apps. every month - start storing stuff up there - it's only a few bucks each time. When there are enough people doing enough of that - Hey why not try our subscription service - only $10 a month for the basic service - set up a direct debit - you don't have to think about it after that.

    I see you have been using the basic service for a while - step up a level - it's only another $10 a month - you won't even notice - and if you do it now - we will throw in x, y, and z for "free".

    When that has been established - perhaps you will have to pay every month/by usage always - not buy the license up front as we do now.

    Maybe there will be an option to buy the license up front - at least at first - but it will be pricey - encouraging people to do the subscription option.

    I rather suspect that is what MS thinks the average user is.
    I have to agree on this one. Thanks for the input.

    We all went though that phase I guess. Some of us skipped it quicker than others, some will newer skip it... depends on the will to learn new things. That's how I see it.

    Sometimes, we all face some problems with the OS whether is Win8 or something else.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
What do normal people think of new Windows 8 PCs?
Related Threads
Hi, The other day I was looking into the services of my computer cause typically certain services run at certain types and I'm used to it being like that, however I noticed a service that usually ran wasn't running. Checked in the services list. The Background Intelligent Transfer Service was...
Hello. I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64, with Update 1. I want to ask you, where can be problem. CPU --> Intel(R) Core i5 3230M 2,6 - 3,2 ghz GPU --> Intel HD 4000 and nVidia GeForce GT740M 2GB (it switches how it needs) RAM --> 4 GB DDR3 and 1 600 MHz (1,6 GHz) HDD --> 750 gb with 5400 rpm...
Is this RAM usage normal for Windows 8? in Performance & Maintenance
Below is a screenshot showing my RAM usage when nothing much is running. It shows that I am using 2 GB with 1.9GB cached. What does this mean exactly and does this reduce the amount of RAM available to other programs to 2GB out of the 4? Thanks. 45698
Hello All, can programs be installed in the normal way on a Windows Tablet (I.E. from a USB stick or USB CD drive) or do they have to be downloaded and installed like on an Android tablet ?
Windows 8 Pricing Goes Back to Normal - Yahoo! News
Well, my computer uses a lot more usage than any of my friends on windows 7, or any other operating system. I have taken off a lot of the apps and that doesn't seem to be the problem :/ is there any way to fix this? If so please help, thanks. :)
If These 5 People Who Tried Windows 8 Are Normal, Microsoft Has A Big Problem On Its Hands Source A Guy
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook