Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Win 8 in Oracle VirtualBox error

  1. #1

    Win 8 in Oracle VirtualBox error


    Tried to load win 8 in the oracle virtualbox, and got this error. Has anybody seen this error message before.

    Click image for larger version

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    me too got same error, i got it to work on vmware player but only through installing windows 8 on a dvd using the windows 8 preview installation that micrososft recommends
    robin
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 1
    windows 7/64 home premium


    Same problem and same error
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Somewhere between a forest and a city
    Posts : 4
    XP Home @ Home - lots of stuff at work


    I was getting that error. At someone's suggestion i tried enabling PAE, that did not work for me and resulted in this instead:

    Click image for larger version
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails win8error.png  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Europe
    Posts : 41
    Win 7/Win 8/Android x86/iOS/OS X


    Quote Originally Posted by robinbredin View Post
    Tried to load win 8 in the oracle virtualbox, and got this error. Has anybody seen this error message before.
    Error 0xC0000260 is caused by a host machine not supporting either PAE/NX or Intel-VT/AMD-V (I have discussed it alread at [1]).

    Quote Originally Posted by POS View Post
    I was getting that error. At someone's suggestion i tried enabling PAE, that did not work for me and resulted in this instead:

    Click image for larger version
    It's the same issue - if VT-Support isn't present, you will get the error 0xC0000260, if PAE/NX isn't checked - and if you check PAE/NX, the error shown in your screenshot will be shown.

    If you have a host with VT-Support, PAE/NX Flag doesn't matter.


    1: Windows 8 CP: Installations-FAQ Borns IT- und Windows-Blog
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Bahrain
    Posts : 154
    Triple Boot: Windows Xp, Windows 7 and Windows Release Preview, Virtual Machine ( Windows 8 )


    The Error is caused because of a problem with a system file. there's nothing to do with it other than reinstalling the host operating system..
    Thank You
    Shon John Xander
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Europe
    Posts : 41
    Win 7/Win 8/Android x86/iOS/OS X


    Quote Originally Posted by djshonrock View Post
    The Error is caused because of a problem with a system file. there's nothing to do with it other than reinstalling the host operating system..
    I disagree / disbelief that! Just run a test on a machine supporting VT-X. Disable VT-X support in Virtualbox and you will get a bluescreen with error 0xC0000260 (as discussed above). Enable the PAE/NX option, and you will get the error mentioned by POS.

    Then simply enable VT-X support in Virtualbox - both errors are gone (without reinstalling oder repairing the host os) - this is the result of several tests I run here in my environment.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Bahrain
    Posts : 154
    Triple Boot: Windows Xp, Windows 7 and Windows Release Preview, Virtual Machine ( Windows 8 )


    Quote Originally Posted by gborn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djshonrock View Post
    The Error is caused because of a problem with a system file. there's nothing to do with it other than reinstalling the host operating system..
    I disagree / disbelief that! Just run a test on a machine supporting VT-X. Disable VT-X support in Virtualbox and you will get a bluescreen with error 0xC0000260 (as discussed above). Enable the PAE/NX option, and you will get the error mentioned by POS.

    Then simply enable VT-X support in Virtualbox - both errors are gone (without reinstalling oder repairing the host os) - this is the result of several tests I run here in my environment.
    The Error happened for me as well. I heard that reinstalling will solve the problem. i reinstalled my host operating system and then the installation in Virtual Box went fine. Now I'm running Windows CP pretty all the time..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Win 8 in Oracle VirtualBox error
Related Threads
error 0x0000005d (Virtualbox) in Installation & Setup
Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 8 RP 64bit EN, in Virtualbox (Latest Version) and I got this error 0x0000005d at the beginning of the installation. My host is Windows 7 Pro 64bit (Core i3). Do you know the solution ? Thank you.
. I've seen this question get asked by many people on forums out there and on each post there are hundreds of replies saying how people have the same problem, but no one's got the solution. I'm trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 on a virtual machine. What I've done: 1. Downloaded Ubuntu 14.04 .iso...
http://i.imgur.com/NdHrwlS.png?1 I want to be very careful when handling this issue as this is on my main tower. I wanted to play around with Android some and I got this problem when i try to first open up the Android virtual session. I'm not all that familiar with the BIOS. I know how to...
Hi all i was wondering if oracle virtualbox will run on windows 8 pro 64 bit i would like to use it instead of using the built in one that came with windows as i want to run Tails from https://tails.boum.org/ in a VM and it is not supported by the built in Hyper-V on windows 8. but i don't want to...
Hello all, Has anyone had any problems with virtualBox running on windows 8 pro 64bit. I first installed it 2 weeks ago and I had no problems. At the weekend I decided to set up my virtual machines from my Vista install and some of the older ones didn't work so I decided to uninstall and...
I have a dual boot system Win7/Win8. The reason for dual boot is to be able to go back to many installed programs in Win7 in case there is a problem with Win8. So far (since Oct 26) there has been no need to do so. Today I installed the latest version of Oracle VirtualBox in Win8 and its working...
1591 I get this error and i don't know how to solve!! pls help! Say if you need more information ... Win 7 64Bit -> installed on SATA HDD I tried to install Win 8 64Bit on an IDE HDD which is also in my pc greets.mowh
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook