Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


SATA Driver - Load in Windows 8 Setup

  1. #20


    Posts : 2
    Windows 8


    Hi guys.
    I m trying to find sata controller driver to continue my windows 8 setup.
    Because I m running with UEFI

    PC: HP Envy Dv7-7205tx
    Mainboard : Intel(not sure what model)
    Processor: Intel Core i7
    Chipset: Intel HM77
    Graphics: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4000
    Memory: 8096 MB
    Storage Drive: 2 TB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard disk drive
    Video Card: Nvidia GT650
    Operating System: Windows 8 Pro(64-bit)

    Can someone help me to suggest me the driver that suits my laptop?

    Thank you very much.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #21


    Posts : 2
    Windows 8


    Hi guys
    I was just wondering what extension should the Sata Driver be that need to be copied to usb?
    Will .exe work?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #22


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by gvimlan95 View Post
    Hi guys.
    I m trying to find sata controller driver to continue my windows 8 setup.
    Because I m running with UEFI

    PC: HP Envy Dv7-7205tx
    Mainboard : Intel(not sure what model)
    Processor: Intel Core i7
    Chipset: Intel HM77
    Graphics: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4000
    Memory: 8096 MB
    Storage Drive: 2 TB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard disk drive
    Video Card: Nvidia GT650
    Operating System: Windows 8 Pro(64-bit)

    Can someone help me to suggest me the driver that suits my laptop?

    Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by gvimlan95 View Post
    Hi guys
    I was just wondering what extension should the Sata Driver be that need to be copied to usb?
    Will .exe work?

    You download Windows 8 drivers from here:
    HP ENVY dv7-7200 Notebook PC series - Download drivers and software - specify product name - HP Business Support Center

    No Sata Conroller drivers are need to install Windows 8 on your PC.

    To reinstall Windows 8 use the Recovery disk.

    information   Information

    We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
    & made the Startup Repair CD.
    Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
    System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8





    You can use the HP/Compaq version of
    Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #23


    Posts : 1
    win 8


    Where can i find this driver
    i m tired of finding this driver bt coudlnt find it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #24


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Where can i find this driver
    i m tired of finding this driver bt coudlnt find it
    Welcome to EightForums.

    What Sata Controller?

    What make & model of PC?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #25


    Hi,
    I rummaged deep into the internet underbelly but still can't get VV8 working.

    My computer is:
    PC: HP 6735s
    Mainboard : Hewlett-Packard 30E4
    Processor: AMD Turion
    Chipset: AMD G780Gr
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3200
    Memory: 4048 MB
    Storage Drive: FUJITSU MHZ2160BH G2 ATA Device
    Operating System: trying to install Windows 8 Pro(32-bit)

    I already tried some intel and AMD drivers but it always says that it cannot find the drive.
    What would you say are the right ones?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #26


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolf View Post
    Hi,
    I rummaged deep into the internet underbelly but still can't get VV8 working.

    My computer is:
    PC: HP 6735s
    Mainboard : Hewlett-Packard 30E4
    Processor: AMD Turion
    Chipset: AMD G780Gr
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3200
    Memory: 4048 MB
    Storage Drive: FUJITSU MHZ2160BH G2 ATA Device
    Operating System: trying to install Windows 8 Pro(32-bit)

    I already tried some intel and AMD drivers but it always says that it cannot find the drive.
    What would you say are the right ones?
    Welcome to EightForums.

    Are you using a Genuine Microsoft Windows 8 DVD?

    If using the Windows 8 upgrade, redownload & reburn.
    https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ad-create.html
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #27


    Thanks theog.

    No, I'm using the iso downloaded from ms and copied to a pen drive.
    It can't be because of that because other people did it this way, ran into the same problem and by changing BIOS, changing USB, etc. eventually got there. I did not, so I'm looking for alternatives.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #28


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolf View Post
    Thanks theog.

    No, I'm using the iso downloaded from ms and copied to a pen drive.
    It can't be because of that because other people did it this way, ran into the same problem and by changing BIOS, changing USB, etc. eventually got there. I did not, so I'm looking for alternatives.
    HP 6735s

    No drivers list for Windows 8.

    No driver need on install, for Vista or Windows 7.

    The Windows XP driver is in RAID7xx, of sp45263.exe.
    Which can be download from here:
    HP Compaq 6735s Notebook PC*-* Download drivers and software - specify product name - HP Business Support Center

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #29


    Thanks theog. Praise for your search skills and your help.

    I'm afraid either my skills with installing VV8 are lacking or something else is going on. I downloaded the sp45263, extracted the files with 7zip and then started to install following your nice tutorial. I then got a big list when I untick the box and no matter which entry I try I always get 'No new devices drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.'
    It's odd because when I click the Browse button the hard drive is there and I can go through it and all the folders are correct. It's just that it doesn't show up on the main window.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
SATA Driver - Load in Windows 8 Setup
Related Threads
My new laptop has currently 8.1 installed to a 500gig 840 EVO SSD, I replaced the 1tb hard drive it came with and did a clean install. I'd like to utilize the M.2 sata port with a Crucial M550 500gig drive for windows, and re-install the 1tb hard drive for storage. I have an external USB 2.5"...
How to Load SATA Drivers in Windows 8 System Image Recovery This will show you how to load the SATA drivers in System Image Recovery when Windows 8 cannot find your backup hard drive due to lack of loaded drivers. Here's How: 1) Copy your SATA driver to a disk. (Floppy, CD, USB)
Need sata driver for My acer plz in Drivers & Hardware
hi i have acer aspire t650-9870 desktop and i want to install Windows 8 but i can't because i need uli sata driver for my hard drive to show up my hard drive in windows installing any one can help me please :cry: :cry: 23802
So I have Acer laptop with wireless adapter that has driver in windows 8 install media and that driver causes BSOD during install.. and install never completes it just says you need to start it all over again. My question would be is there any good way to modify windows install media dvd or iso...
I'm new and need some help haha. I need to reinstall Windows 8 and it tells me that I need to load a driver before the install can begin. I have no idea how to do that or where to find the driver for my computer (HP ENVY m6 1125-dx). I know for a fact that its my hard disk driver... SATA driver?...
Loading sata drivers during setup in Installation & Setup
In this tutorial, https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/9573-sata-driver-load-windows-8-setup.html?filter=Installation and Setup it is said that loading drivers during setup is only required if the setup cannot find the harddrive. In attached readme file for the Intel Rapid Storage...
My laptop bootup stops at f1 setup or f2 load default screen and waits for my selection only when I previously shutdown from Windows 8. When I shutdown from Windows 7 the bootup is okay and continues through the select Windows 8 or Windows 7 screen. Windows 7 was already on my laptop c: drive...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook