Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

  1. #220


    Posts : 12
    Windows 8.1


    OMG. So, I'm trying to do a repair install and all seems well so far with my latest download. BUT. I currently have Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center Upgrade or something like that. Can one make a Windows 8.1 Pro Media Center disk? Is that possible? It only let me go to the Windows 8.1 Pro 64 BIT. I can't wait to see what happens when I try to repair with just the Pro DVD. Patiently waiting on the little spinning circle as we speak...

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #221


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    There is no official 8.1 Pro with Media Center ISO. You have to install Pro and use the add features to add Media Center. It also has to be an activated 8.1 Pro install to add Media Center. Media center keys are not accepted when trying to install Windows 8.1, you have to enter a Core or Pro key.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #222


    Posts : 12
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    There is no official 8.1 Pro with Media Center ISO. You have to install Pro and use the add features to add Media Center. It also has to be an activated 8.1 Pro install to add Media Center. Media center keys are not accepted when trying to install Windows 8.1, you have to enter a Core or Pro key.
    Thanks! Great info. I got it activated and working again, add features with my keys. Seems good again. Still in testing phase, but so far so good. Also the Windows 8.1 iso I downloaded yesterday is with the Update 1 and all testing seems solid so far after completion of my Windows Repair. It fixed my DISM /restorehealth issue.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #223


    Posts : 1,720
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    @ wildncrazyguy:
    Did it implement the updates from this past Tuesday? (eg. the redesigned Store?)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #224


    Posts : 13
    Windows 8.1 Pro

    MD5 hash of setup.exe?


    Finally got around to download windows 8.1 ISO using option 1. I left it overnight for the download (yes, we have terrible speeds over here ) so i'm not sure if everything went fine. MD5 of the setup.exe is 6FB889C8B21FD94750BDE9A6B5B62EA1. Can anybody confirm the hash and using this setup file can I install windows 8.1 Update 1? TIA.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #225


    Posts : 22,576
    64-bit Windows 10


    Hello Vic,

    Don't know about the hash, but if you used the .exe from the "Install Windows 8.1" option to download an ISO, the ISO will install Windows 8.1 Update.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #226


    Posts : 13
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello Vic,

    Don't know about the hash, but if you used the .exe from the "Install Windows 8.1" option to download an ISO, the ISO will install Windows 8.1 Update.
    Thanks Brink..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #227


    Posts : 22,576
    64-bit Windows 10


    You're welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #228


    Posts : 12
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    @ wildncrazyguy:
    Did it implement the updates from this past Tuesday? (eg. the redesigned Store?)
    Sorry. Had my hands full running the repair over the weekend. Didn't notice this reply. Not sure what the redesigned store looks like. The only thing I had to do was install the updates I think 13 of them from this past Tuesday's patches after I performed the repair. Windows is now fully up to date and my DISM commands no longer fail. Back to success.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #229


    Posts : 1,720
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by wildncrazyguy View Post
    Sorry. Had my hands full running the repair over the weekend. Didn't notice this reply. Not sure what the redesigned store looks like. The only thing I had to do was install the updates I think 13 of them from this past Tuesday's patches after I performed the repair. Windows is now fully up to date and my DISM commands no longer fail. Back to success.
    Fair enough! Thanks for the info!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create
Related Threads
I have a laptop that the password will not work. It worked one time and I got in. This thing is wacked. Has 4 optimizer programs and other junk. Now I can't get in. I was thinking if I downloaded 8 iso from here How to Create or Download a Windows 8 and 8.1 ISO using option 1 could I use it to...
How to Add a "Windows Defender" Cascading Desktop Context Menu in Windows 8 and 8.1 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a cascading (expandable) Windows Defender menu to the desktop context menu for all users in Windows 8 and 8.1 to be able to quickly open Windows Defender to...
Hello again to all. Can anyone please explain because this a little bit confuses me, CREATING a SYSTEM IMAGE, now that I have a DUAL BOOT win7-win8 OS. >>I want to know if I CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE via windows 7 (my default OS), and then later, if ever I RESTORE THIS CREATED SYSTEM IMAGE, will the...
Solved Create DVD from upgrade download in Installation & Setup
How do I create a DVD using the download from the Windows 8 upgrade? I just purchased the upgrade to Windows 8 Pro (24.99 in the UK), downloaded and installed Windows 8 over an old XP system I had put on a spare disk drive on my system. The Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant did this for me. My...
Read more at source: Windows Intune users: Final Windows 8 bits are available for download | ZDNet
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook