Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

  1. #210


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    6.3.9600.16384 is what mine shows and its with update 1.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #211


    Posts : 511
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Just downloaded the 8.1 ISO. Is this the full install and update 1 of Windows 8.1? Do I use my 8 key to install? On my PC I have Ver. 6.3.9600.17041. I looked at the ver. of setup.exe on the DVD that I made with the download and it said ver. 6.3.9600.16384 dated 08/22/2013.
    Hey Clint,

    Yep, all Windows 8.1 downloads will be for the Windows 8.1 Update ISO now.

    If you only have a retail Windows 8 product key, then you would use a generic key to install Windows 8.1 Update with. When Windows 8.1 Update is finished installing, you would then change the product key to your Windows 8 key to activate it with.

    Clean Install - Windows 8
    Thanks for the reply Brink. Do I still have to install Win 8 first then this update? I was hoping to have just one DVD.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #212


    Posts : 511
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    6.3.9600.16384 is what mine shows and its with update 1.
    How can you tell if it has the update 1?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #213


    Posts : 22,582
    64-bit Windows 10


    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Just downloaded the 8.1 ISO. Is this the full install and update 1 of Windows 8.1? Do I use my 8 key to install? On my PC I have Ver. 6.3.9600.17041. I looked at the ver. of setup.exe on the DVD that I made with the download and it said ver. 6.3.9600.16384 dated 08/22/2013.
    Hey Clint,

    Yep, all Windows 8.1 downloads will be for the Windows 8.1 Update ISO now.

    If you only have a retail Windows 8 product key, then you would use a generic key to install Windows 8.1 Update with. When Windows 8.1 Update is finished installing, you would then change the product key to your Windows 8 key to activate it with.

    Clean Install - Windows 8
    Thanks for the reply Brink. Do I still have to install Win 8 first then this update? I was hoping to have just one DVD.
    If you have a Windows 8.1 ISO file, then nope. You would only need to do the workaround I posted above to install and activate with your retail Windows 8 key.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #214


    Posts : 22,582
    64-bit Windows 10


    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    6.3.9600.16384 is what mine shows and its with update 1.
    How can you tell if it has the update 1?
    It does. I verified by installing it in a VM.

    Windows 8.1 Update will have the new Power and Search button on your Start screen to help tell.

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #215


    Posts : 511
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit


    Thanks Brink for answers to both questions.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #216


    Posts : 22,582
    64-bit Windows 10


    You're most welcome Clint.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #217


    Posts : 12
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    6.3.9600.16384 is what mine shows and its with update 1.
    How can you tell if it has the update 1?
    It does. I verified by installing it in a VM.


    Windows 8.1 Update will have the new Power and Search button on your Start screen to help tell.

    Click image for larger version
    I just downloaded the same and setup is 6.3.9600.16384 with my Windows 8.0 retail key by the way. I'll be working with it later to confirm the Update 1, but Brink looks like he has it under control. I searched the DVD a little bit and found files from 3/18/14. To me that's sounds about right for a 4/8 release date.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #218


    Hampshire UK
    Posts : 25
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit


    Thanks to both Alphanumeric and Brink but is the file that is definitely 8.1 Pro 64 bit UPDATE the same size as the one's I've downloaded today (3,284,864KB) ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #219


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    6.3.9600.16384 is what mine shows and its with update 1.
    How can you tell if it has the update 1?
    I installed it on my wife's laptop last night. The features added by the update were there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create
Related Threads
I have a laptop that the password will not work. It worked one time and I got in. This thing is wacked. Has 4 optimizer programs and other junk. Now I can't get in. I was thinking if I downloaded 8 iso from here How to Create or Download a Windows 8 and 8.1 ISO using option 1 could I use it to...
How to Add a "Windows Defender" Cascading Desktop Context Menu in Windows 8 and 8.1 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a cascading (expandable) Windows Defender menu to the desktop context menu for all users in Windows 8 and 8.1 to be able to quickly open Windows Defender to...
Hello again to all. Can anyone please explain because this a little bit confuses me, CREATING a SYSTEM IMAGE, now that I have a DUAL BOOT win7-win8 OS. >>I want to know if I CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE via windows 7 (my default OS), and then later, if ever I RESTORE THIS CREATED SYSTEM IMAGE, will the...
Solved Create DVD from upgrade download in Installation & Setup
How do I create a DVD using the download from the Windows 8 upgrade? I just purchased the upgrade to Windows 8 Pro (24.99 in the UK), downloaded and installed Windows 8 over an old XP system I had put on a spare disk drive on my system. The Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant did this for me. My...
Read more at source: Windows Intune users: Final Windows 8 bits are available for download | ZDNet
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook