Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

  1. #180


    Posts : 22,576
    64-bit Windows 10


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    The original windows8-setup.exe is refusing to work for me now. Using retail win 8.0 key, it pretends it can't connect.
    Odd, that one still works for me with a Windows 8 key from MSDN.
    Did you get 8.1 Update though?
    No. windows8-setup.exe ("Install Windows 8" download option) can only be used to get a Windows 8 ISO with a retail Windows 8 product key.

    You would have to use the "Install Windows 8.1" download option for the OSGS14-WindowsSetupBox-32bitand64bit-English-4141408.exe file with a retail Windows 8.1 product key to get a Windows 8.1 Update ISO.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #181


    Posts : 12
    Windows 8.1


    Sorry guys. You're spinning my head here. So I have a couple of laptops that came preinstalled with Windows 7. I got the 15 dollar Windows 8 Pro with media center retail when Windows 8 came out for them. I of course upgraded to Windows 8.1 and subsequently Windows 8.1 Update 1. Now I'm having an issue that I would like to do a repair install on them. Looks promising as opposed to doing a system refresh. I did go through the pains of getting and I have the Windows 8.1 DVD iso. What a pain that was just in case I needed to do a refresh. Now I'm understanding I need the Windows 8.1 Update 1 DVD iso I think I'm reading in order to try my repair option. Is there any way to get that, given I only have the Windows 8.0 product key? Thanks in advance for any suggestions on helping me repair my Windows 8.1 Update 1 laptops.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #182


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post

    Odd, that one still works for me with a Windows 8 key from MSDN.
    Did you get 8.1 Update though?
    No. windows8-setup.exe ("Install Windows 8" download option) can only be used to get a Windows 8 ISO with a retail Windows 8 product key.

    You would have to use the "Install Windows 8.1" download option for the OSGS14-WindowsSetupBox-32bitand64bit-English-4141408.exe file with a retail Windows 8.1 product key to get a Windows 8.1 Update ISO.
    Ok, I got you now. When you said it still works for you, you meant it still lets you download 8.0. I thought you meant the trick to get 8.1 still worked with the old setup.exe.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #183


    Posts : 22,576
    64-bit Windows 10


    I wish it did.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #184


    Posts : 22,576
    64-bit Windows 10


    Quote Originally Posted by wildncrazyguy View Post
    Sorry guys. You're spinning my head here. So I have a couple of laptops that came preinstalled with Windows 7. I got the 15 dollar Windows 8 Pro with media center retail when Windows 8 came out for them. I of course upgraded to Windows 8.1 and subsequently Windows 8.1 Update 1. Now I'm having an issue that I would like to do a repair install on them. Looks promising as opposed to doing a system refresh. I did go through the pains of getting and I have the Windows 8.1 DVD iso. What a pain that was just in case I needed to do a refresh. Now I'm understanding I need the Windows 8.1 Update 1 DVD iso I think I'm reading in order to try my repair option. Is there any way to get that, given I only have the Windows 8.0 product key? Thanks in advance for any suggestions on helping me repair my Windows 8.1 Update 1 laptops.
    Hello Wildncrazyguy,

    I'm afraid not for now. So far, a Windows 8 product key will only get you a Windows 8 ISO file.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #185


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center


    The old windowsetupbox file worked for me. I still have a copy if you want it - if so how should I provide it?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #186


    Posts : 12
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by osterac View Post
    The old windowsetupbox file worked for me. I still have a copy if you want it - if so how should I provide it?
    If this was meant for me, I already have the Windows 8.1 DVD iso. I was just looking for a way to get the new Windows 8.1 Update 1 DVD iso. I need to do a repair install and apparently need the latter since I'm running the Update 1 now. Unless someone says it can be done using the 8.1 without the Update 1 or if there is a way to downgrade from Update 1 back to just 8.1, then run the repair.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #187


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by wildncrazyguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by osterac View Post
    The old windowsetupbox file worked for me. I still have a copy if you want it - if so how should I provide it?
    If this was meant for me, I already have the Windows 8.1 DVD iso. I was just looking for a way to get the new Windows 8.1 Update 1 DVD iso. I need to do a repair install and apparently need the latter since I'm running the Update 1 now. Unless someone says it can be done using the 8.1 without the Update 1 or if there is a way to downgrade from Update 1 back to just 8.1, then run the repair.
    I guess meant if anyone wants it - or if a mod wants it to add to the tutorial.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #188


    Posts : 22,576
    64-bit Windows 10


    Quote Originally Posted by osterac View Post
    The old windowsetupbox file worked for me. I still have a copy if you want it - if so how should I provide it?
    You could ZIP the file, and upload it here. Thank you.

    Does it download a Windows 8.1 Update or still a Windows 8.1 ISO?

    Where you able to download an 8.1/8.1 update ISO using a Windows 8 key?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #189


    Quote Originally Posted by osterac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildncrazyguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by osterac View Post
    The old windowsetupbox file worked for me. I still have a copy if you want it - if so how should I provide it?
    If this was meant for me, I already have the Windows 8.1 DVD iso. I was just looking for a way to get the new Windows 8.1 Update 1 DVD iso. I need to do a repair install and apparently need the latter since I'm running the Update 1 now. Unless someone says it can be done using the 8.1 without the Update 1 or if there is a way to downgrade from Update 1 back to just 8.1, then run the repair.
    I guess meant if anyone wants it - or if a mod wants it to add to the tutorial.
    Please upload. That would be a huge help for users like me!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create
Related Threads
I have a laptop that the password will not work. It worked one time and I got in. This thing is wacked. Has 4 optimizer programs and other junk. Now I can't get in. I was thinking if I downloaded 8 iso from here How to Create or Download a Windows 8 and 8.1 ISO using option 1 could I use it to...
How to Add a "Windows Defender" Cascading Desktop Context Menu in Windows 8 and 8.1 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a cascading (expandable) Windows Defender menu to the desktop context menu for all users in Windows 8 and 8.1 to be able to quickly open Windows Defender to...
Hello again to all. Can anyone please explain because this a little bit confuses me, CREATING a SYSTEM IMAGE, now that I have a DUAL BOOT win7-win8 OS. >>I want to know if I CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE via windows 7 (my default OS), and then later, if ever I RESTORE THIS CREATED SYSTEM IMAGE, will the...
Solved Create DVD from upgrade download in Installation & Setup
How do I create a DVD using the download from the Windows 8 upgrade? I just purchased the upgrade to Windows 8 Pro (24.99 in the UK), downloaded and installed Windows 8 over an old XP system I had put on a spare disk drive on my system. The Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant did this for me. My...
Read more at source: Windows Intune users: Final Windows 8 bits are available for download | ZDNet
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook