Windows Update

Straho

Hi everyone...! I have a litlle problem with my laptop especially with windows update...! I do everything what this person ("Brink") told me and write in the forum, For which I am very grateful to him because all of this is help me...! Now all my problems is reslove at 95%, the last is that: when i try to update my windows (tap on Windows Update) i cant...! I see that, which you can see in video postet below...! I upload and pics with this problem if someone cant see or cant open a video...!
IMG_20210914_180536.jpg
IMG_20210914_180543.jpg
IMG_20210914_180549.jpg
IMG_20210914_180558.jpg

If someone know how to help me and told me how to fix that I will be very grateful to him...! So god people... please help me with that...!
Thank you in advance for your help...!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 PRO
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    CPU
    Intel Core i5(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 2.20GHz
    Memory
    4.00GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    IDT High Definition Audio Dovby Advanced Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    700GB
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Avast Anti Virus
The Windows Update dialog says the service (Windows Update) isn't running, make sure Windows Update and any dependencies are started, running.

Here's a link to a tutorial on how to manage Windows Services. I would keep it simple and use the snap-in services.msc unless you feel comfortable with the command prompt.
->Services - Start, Stop, and Disable in Windows 8

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G50-45
    CPU
    AMD A6-6310
    Memory
    12GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15" Laptop Display, 32" Samsung HDTV
    Internet Speed
    SLOW (4 Mbps)
Windows comes 'out of the box' with that update service running. So who turned it off?
I don't stop the service, but I do go into windows update in the control panel and I tell it that I don't want Windows Updates at all.
Why? Well, nothing will screw up your computer any faster than an automatic update gone bonkers.
When I was still a working PC Technician, I took many service calls from clients who told me on the phone, "I got this update from Microsoft and now my PC won't run". (or some such verbiage)
Worse case scenario, I would have to re-install Windows. It's just not worth all the hate and discontent, to have someone coming in to your computer and changing things.
I would never let someone do that to my house, and I certainly won't let someone, or some company, come in to my computer and mess with it.
I have my PC installed, tweaked and tuned to my own preference, for best performance and I don't want it messed with.

On Windows 10, I have a little script that I can run to permanently disable Windows update.
And on 7 or 8.1, I run a program called, "Never Ten".

Cheers Mates
:cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core