Windows Store won't install app after i change location

evildog1

Hi

After i changed the apps install location to D:/WindowsApps. I downloaded an app named VLC player and it says that it could not install

FKoyMMJ.png

i deleted D:/WindowsApps and switched back to the original location but when i install the same app again, it trying to install in D:/WindowsApps and the same error appear

I reseted Windows Store and run CCleaner but Windows Store keep trying to install app in D:/WindowsApps

please help me. i don't want to reinstall Windows 8 again because i already did 3 days ago

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Hello,

It is not recommend to change the Windows Store apps install location. This will cause Windows Store apps or the store itself to stop working.

1. press Win+R on the keyboard then type "regedit" and press enter.
2. Go to following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx
3. Change the string value PackageRoot to the value: WindowsDriveLetter:\Program Files\WindowsApps (If Windows don't let you change the value, try take ownership of the key and try again.)
attachment.php

4. Reboot your PC and see if you can install apps.

If you cannot install apps, try re-register Windows Store and try again.

If you still can't install apps, refresh your PC may resolve the issue.

Attachments

• regedit.jpg
    regedit.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 64

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
System Restore may also help you to restore back to the time before you change the value.:D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Hello,

It is not recommend to change the Windows Store apps install location. This will cause Windows Store apps or the store itself to stop working.

1. press Win+R on the keyboard then type "regedit" and press enter.
2. Go to following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx
3. Change the string value PackageRoot to the value: WindowsDriveLetter:\Program Files\WindowsApps (If Windows don't let you change the value, try take ownership of the key and try again.)
60747-windows-store-wont-install-app-after-i-change-location-regedit.jpg

4. Reboot your PC and see if you can install apps.

If you cannot install apps, try re-register Windows Store and try again.

If you still can't install apps, refresh your PC may resolve the issue.
i already changed to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps but it still trying to install on D:\

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Hello,
If other apps can install and work properly, try uninstall the apps which are broken then reinstall them again.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Back