Windows Media Player - Editing Album Names

starvinmarvin

Here's the problem: In Windows Media Player 12 Album listings I can edit/change an Album title on our computer no.1, but the change isn't recognized by our computer no. 2 or no. 3. Does anyone know how to fix this, please?

Comp. no. 1 - Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit PC.
Comp. no. 2 - Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit laptop.
Comp. no. 3 - Windows 10 Home 64-bit v.1909 laptop.

At home our music collection consists of hundreds of CDs ripped to a 2TB secondary internal hard drive (labeled D: drive) on our PC, and the entire music collection folder is shared on our basic Windows home network (not a Homegroup). Our other computers, a Win 8.1 laptop and a Win 10 laptop are able to access and play all that music, no problem. All albums are in .wav format (not FLAC or .mp3).

In Windows Media Player 12 - Library view / Album view I can right-click on an album cover or title and select Edit. This allows me to edit/rename the album title. Let's take an oldie for an example. I can change the title "Eat A Peach" to "Allman Brothers: Eat a Peach" and press the Enter key on my keyboard. Albums are listed alphabetically, so this album's location on the display moves from the "E" area to the "A" area of the list. If i close then re-open Media Player the changes remain intact, i.e. the title doesn't revert to Eat a Peach. So far, so good. This is how I want albums to appear: Album cover and title are displayed with the Artist name placed before the album title, i.e. "Allman Brothers: Eat A Peach" instead of just "Eat A Peach". Listing albums this way has the advantage of grouping all of the albums by that artist (or band or orchestra) together in the display. Using the Artist display mode doesn't provide the same easy to view grid display, thus I prefer the Album display mode.

So, how do I get the other computers to display the Album view correctly with the revised titles ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    custom
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.3GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z97 Extreme4
    Memory
    4 x 4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte GTX-1050Ti
Here's the problem: In Windows Media Player 12 Album listings I can edit/change an Album title on our computer no.1, but the change isn't recognized by our computer no. 2 or no. 3. Does anyone know how to fix this, please?

Comp. no. 1 - Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit PC.
Comp. no. 2 - Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit laptop.
Comp. no. 3 - Windows 10 Home 64-bit v.1909 laptop.

At home our music collection consists of hundreds of CDs ripped to a 2TB secondary internal hard drive (labeled D: drive) on our PC, and the entire music collection folder is shared on our basic Windows home network (not a Homegroup). Our other computers, a Win 8.1 laptop and a Win 10 laptop are able to access and play all that music, no problem. All albums are in .wav format (not FLAC or .mp3).

In Windows Media Player 12 - Library view / Album view I can right-click on an album cover or title and select Edit. This allows me to edit/rename the album title. Let's take an oldie for an example. I can change the title "Eat A Peach" to "Allman Brothers: Eat a Peach" and press the Enter key on my keyboard. Albums are listed alphabetically, so this album's location on the display moves from the "E" area to the "A" area of the list. If i close then re-open Media Player the changes remain intact, i.e. the title doesn't revert to Eat a Peach. So far, so good. This is how I want albums to appear: Album cover and title are displayed with the Artist name placed before the album title, i.e. "Allman Brothers: Eat A Peach" instead of just "Eat A Peach". Listing albums this way has the advantage of grouping all of the albums by that artist (or band or orchestra) together in the display. Using the Artist display mode doesn't provide the same easy to view grid display, thus I prefer the Album display mode.

So, how do I get the other computers to display the Album view correctly with the revised titles ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dell
I have a similar problem, using MP3 files on a stick in the car. Can anyone help?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dell
Back