Yeah, if there's "Infinity", then logically, there couldn't be anything after that.
If MS had the gift of foresight, they should have named XP "Infinity" due to it's prolonged shelf life.
However, whilst it does have a nice superficial ring to it, the implications and connotations to the word 'Infinity' renders it unsuitable as a name for an Operating System.
Furthermore, the '-finity' part of the word would unintentionally draw a close correlation to AMD's 'Eyefinity' technology and considering Microsoft currently has closer business ties with intel than AMD, it's automatically rendered unsuitable in that regard as well.
- Vanilla 8 Pro x64
- Computer type
- System Manufacturer/Model
- SmartEyeball Custom Systems
- Intel 3770K @4.8ghz
- ASUS P8Z77 WS
- 16GB G.Skill Trident 2666mhz
- Graphics Card(s)
- 3x Gigabyte GTX 670 OC WindForce SLI
- Sound Card
- SB X-FI Surround 5.1 PRO USB + ATH-AD900 Headphones
- Monitor(s) Displays
- x3 Dell U2410 / 58" Samsung / "40 Sony
- Screen Resolution
- 5760*1200/1920*1200 / 1920*1080
- Hard Drives
- 2x Intel 520 240GB * Crucial M4 128GB * 2x Samsung F3 1TB (RAID 0) * 2x WD Caviar Blacks 2TB (RAID 0)
- Corsair AX1200
- Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
- Noctua NH-D14
- Topre Realforce // Ducky Shine MX Black // Filco Ninja TKL
- Razer Imperator + Thermaltake Theron
- Other Info
- Laptop Specs: Clevo Sager P170HM // 17.3 Matte 1920x1200 // i7 2720QM // 8GB 1333mhz // Dedicated GTX 485M // 240GB Intel 520 + 750GB + Blu-Ray // Samsung Story 2TB USB 3.0 // NexStar USB 3.0 enclosure 500GB