windows explorer windows open in maximize

makhan10

when i click on windows explorer icon in taskbar, it open it in normal window ie not maximize as shown in figure

i want it to open in maximize windows, which i selected in windows explorer properties

max window 2.JPG

Attachments

• max window 1.JPG
    max window 1.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 79

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion
    CPU
    Intel 1.7 GHz i3 Core
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    500 GB
    Internet Speed
    8 Mbps
try this, makhan10, open explorer, then maximise the window, go to "file" in the upper left of the menu bar, click on close while holding down the shift key, the next time you open explorer it should be the size you wanted, good luck!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
ParryDox it didnt work

thanks anyway

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion
    CPU
    Intel 1.7 GHz i3 Core
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    500 GB
    Internet Speed
    8 Mbps
Here's what I did on my Win8.1x64 laptop... File Explorer (on my system) will reopen the same way I closed it. If I maximize FE it will reopen maxed, if I stretch it to a particular size it reopens the same size. IIRC, I tested FE maximized and it survived a reboot meaning the setting was remembered.

I pinned File Explorer to the taskbar from what I guess is the Apps View from Start - where you sort apps by name, most used, etc. I right-clicked FE, I was presented with various options including Pin to Start, Pin to taskbar, I selected taskbar and an icon was placed on the taskbar.

I don't get the same options you get when right-clicking my taskbar icon, my options are -> File Explorer (to open), or Unpin the program (to remove). There may be differences depending on how you pin the app, from the .exe itself or from Apps View in Start, not sure just offering up the possibility.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G50-45
    CPU
    AMD A6-6310
    Memory
    12GB