Solved Windows explorer, taking up 20%CPU all time

suc1338

Hello, I recently bought a brandnew i7 samsung laptop.

But the problem is, the windows explorer is taking up 20% CPU all time even peaks to 25-30%.
And when i go to taskmanager and press end-task(windows explorer) the laptops stops making the loud fan-noises and also the CPU usage is back to normal :sarc:

Naamloos.pngNaamloos4.pngNaamloos3.pngNaamloos1.pngNaamloos2.png
(i hope the language in the screenshots are no problem)
common terms are: beschikbaar = avaible, geheugen = memory, snelheid = speed, in gebruik = usage,

I'm very confused about what to do, I tried different forums but nobody could help me find an answer. I hope you guys from 8forums can help me out and fix this persistant problem.

ps: My apologies for my bad english, I tried my best to explain the problem.

SOLVED:
1) Open C:Windows/Temp
2) Delete all the data
3) Open task manager
4) Terminate explorer.exe
5) Start a new explorer.exe
6) Problem solved.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
Can you expand the very last picture to show the sub menu activity as shown below?

explorer.jpg

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Naamloos6.png
for some reason something was @ 100% when i took screenshot, but now its back to normal at 10%, but still my CPU is still high and will never change, untill i decide to terminate the explorer, what causes me not to make full use of the system :s.

25% is just too much -.-​

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
What is that melia folder/process the explorer appears to be running?

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
melia is just a folder, im at the office currently, and the project is called: melia. its nothing serious besides some java/css/xhtml files

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
OK, but it sure looks like explorer is trying to do something with it and it shouldn't appear there unless you have something open (or running) in the background. However, if you do have "anything" open in explorer, you should have closed it down before sending that last image.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I just restarted my pc, the folder isnt active anymore, and no programs are running. But still the windows explorer is continuesly on 20-25% :s

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
fixed:

2) Delete all the data
3) Open task manager
6) Problem solved.

thanks for help norepli :) U got me thinking ^^

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
this looks a lot like mine. 22% max cpu

20-22% CPU usage. is the max for the system. I had upgraded to the same processor (i7-4700mq @ 2.4 GHz) on a windows 7 machine. It ran nice and fast. That system had a hard drive issue, so I returned it. They swapped it for a windows 8 machine, and I'm overclocked to 3.27-3.31 GHz, and my program gets stuck when I do a lot.

Mine is Firefox vs Explorer. I am a tab person, and I open a few too many, and it acts like the CPU is at 100% only its at 22%. It does not appear to be a looped script, its just I have a couple too many tabs, and at 20% I get frustrated because with windows 7 it was zippy.

Hello, I recently bought a brandnew i7 samsung laptop.

But the problem is, the windows explorer is taking up 20% CPU all time even peaks to 25-30%.
And when i go to taskmanager and press end-task(windows explorer) the laptops stops making the loud fan-noises and also the CPU usage is back to normal :sarc:

View attachment 16249View attachment 16250View attachment 16251View attachment 16253View attachment 16252
(i hope the language in the screenshots are no problem)
common terms are: beschikbaar = avaible, geheugen = memory, snelheid = speed, in gebruik = usage,

I'm very confused about what to do, I tried different forums but nobody could help me find an answer. I hope you guys from 8forums can help me out and fix this persistant problem.

ps: My apologies for my bad english, I tried my best to explain the problem.

SOLVED:
2) Delete all the data
3) Open task manager
6) Problem solved.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j003cl Notebook
    CPU
    Intel core i7-4700mq @ 2.4GHz
    Memory
Ok, so if the above solution doesn't work, move all the items present on the desktop to a folder and move it in another drive (say, D:\Your folder\) and restart the explorer.exe using task manager.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Wndows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3rd Gen
    Motherboard
    Gibabyte B75
    Memory
    8GB