Windows computer cleaner

haserasy

My computer has been running slowly recently, I've never cleaned up my computer before ,so i am going to do that ,to prevent other data in the computer from being harmed ,do you have any good Suggestions?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
A file cleaner won't speed up your computer. Try to reduce the amount of programs running in the background. Debloating is not easy for inexperienced users though.

My favorite file cleaner is Wise Disk Cleaner 9.7.6 portable.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Professional x64
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    No antivirus
The scan takes almost no time on my PC. Something must be seriously wrong with your PC. Scan for malware / viruses.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Professional x64
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    No antivirus
Maybe you're right. These days have been terrible, i don't know anything about computer .

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Often the problem you have described is caused by a misbehaving program running unseen in the background. Here's how you can see if that is the problem, and how you can fix it if it is:

Run MSCONFIG. Go to the Services tab. Check the box which says "Hide all Microsoft services", then click Apply. Now select everything, and disable it all. Click Apply, then reboot the computer. At this point, all of the non-Microsoft services are disabled - they aren't running.

If your computer now runs faster, you will know that one (or more) of the non-Microsoft services was slowing things down. In this case, go back into MSCONFIG and re-enable one service at a time, rebooting after each re-enable, and noting what you just re-enabled. If things slow down again, you have found the culprit. You can re-disable it with MSCONFIG, unless it is an essential program, such as your anti-virus. In that case, you should either leave it enabled, or get a different anti-virus program. Be sure to re-enable all services, one at a time, to see if there are any other problematic services.

If your computer does not now run faster, then go back into MSCONFIG and re-enable all of the services.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 18.2 xfce 64-bit (host OS) / Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit (virtual machine)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 3847
    CPU
    Haswell
    Memory
    12 GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 23"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Two hard drives, 1TB each: One for Linux, one for my data.
    Keyboard
    IBM Model M
    Browser
    Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer
    Antivirus
    Sophos (Linux), Windows Defender (Windows)
    Other Info
    I use Samba to share my data drive with the other computers at my house.
In my career as a Computer tech, I've increased the speed and efficiency of most PC's, especially laptops, by as much as 100% by just doing the most basic maintenance....the things that most people never do. Like deleting all .tmp files, including Temporary Internet Files. I do that before running any virus or spyware scans, or those scans can take like Forever.

The really GOOD PC cleanup programs are not FREE. I use several cleanup programs, but the main one that I use and I'm glad to pay for is "Windows Utilities". I run that at least once a week, to keep my PC running Great!
Then I use a little Temp File Cleaner, that I run every day from the "Startup" folder, that takes out all the Temp files from the day before. It runs like a batch file, with NO user intervention.

Once a PC is cleaned up, regular maintenance, like weekly, will keep your PC running at peak performance.

Good Luck, Mate!
TechnoMage :cool:

PS: If you're anywhere close to Central Florida, (you don't say) bring that PC down here and I'll fix it for you. No charge.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core
    Motherboard
    Acer