windows 8 sucks

I just had to buy a new comp...(P2-1343w) with windows 8
I what to rid it of windows 8..and go to windows xp
what do i need to do this?

XP is unlikely to work on any new machine, there simply won't be any drivers for the hardware.

I would suggest giving Windows 8 a chance.. get a book, there are several free books available that will teach you more about it.

Worst case, I would not suggest going further back than Windows 7.

Here's a pdf file that helps Download Windows 8 and Windows RT Product Guide from Official Microsoft Download Center

If you're having problems with understanding the 'Start Panel & no Start button' this may help. It's like a short tutorial I made to help people not be lost without the start button.
http://www.eightforums.com/general-discussion/15927-start-button-missing-understanding-why.html

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7-3770K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory
    16 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" 24"
    Hard Drives
    1 TB WD
    PSU
    550w
i use asus for the last 3 years now all i use is asrock fm2 pro 75 -4 and pro 85-6 motherboard .
asus use to be really good but now they are made so sheap in china if read reviews a lot of peoples are having a lot problem with them .
bot only that asrock are made in us .
on one of my computer i dual boot xp and win 7
i do buy all my parts from newegg.ca .i live in canada.
some of case i pay 140.00 for micro atx case plus tax and shiiping
a good case have to be at least 0.08 thick to be a really good case [thermatake and cool master are good case also nzxt are good

My Computer

i did not mention all my computer are amd not intel .
the intel cpu are way to custly for me .a i7 cpu is close to 300.00 .
now amd just came out with a 8 core that is really close to i7 and for a lot less money

My Computer

How exactly do you use your computer if it doesn't have any video subsystem?

AMD does have the new Piledriver CPU's, however they are not really in the same class as the i7 for a number of reasons. They're closer to the i5.

The FX 8350 scores significantly below the i7 3770k on the Passmark test, rating a 9,249 while the i7 is 9,644. Keep in mind that the i7 runs at 3.5 Ghz while the 8350 runs at 4Ghz. What's more, the 8350 draws about 2x the power of the i7, so while the chip might be cheaper, you're more than making up for it in higher energy bills spread out across the life of the chip. On top of that, the motherboard chipet for the AM3+ draws a lot more power than something like the z77 as well.

The 8350 costs $209 at Newegg, but I got my 3770k at Micro Center for $229 (their everyday price... their 8350 is $189, so a cost difference of $40). Oh, and they frequently have specials where if you buy a motherboard with it in a bundle, you save another $50.

I gave up on AMD a long time ago, you may save a little money, but you end up spending a lot more in the long run.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Auria 27" IPS + 2x Samsung 23"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Corsair m4 256GB, 2 WD 2TB drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
ok .on one of my computer a have a intel ssd 180 gbs .on one a have a crusial m4-128 gbs .one i have a wd valocity raptor 10000 rpm 250 gbs one i have a wd black carviar 7200 rpm 500 gbs.
if you need any thing more ask me

My Computer

getting off topic, the op still hasn't got an answer as if he/she can install windows xp on his new HP tower.

ignore aftermarket motherboards
ignore cpu debates....they are boring now.

this thread has gotten wildly off topic and should get back in line with the thread starters question.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    System Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
if you have the motherboard cd that came with your compter after you install xp then on the cd you have the mobo driver on it .
this is what i do .after xp install i put my mobo cd and downloard all the driver .etc.etc
this is what i do with any install i do .and i do a lot of install
never had a problem yet

My Computer

now am not to familiar with hp computer .
just maybe they are differente some way .
but i cant see any problem .
and also you should have window 8 cd that came with right .
if you do install xp and if any thing go wrong reinstall wind 8 .
but to me your best bet is window 7 .the there is for now any way .
i know i use them all now .well not wind 8 .not for me at all .waste of money to me

My Computer

Check the manufacturer's website ...

Check the manufacturer's website for XP drivers first, otherwise change to W7.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,
Isn't amazing how thread comments can get so off topic real fast? :D

Or, I was thinking today, you can install Classic Shell (scathing gulp) in Windows 8 to bring back a start menu, so that way you can use the familiar that you're used to, while also having the Start Screen to learn it and figure it out, and get used to the newer aspect of Windows 8.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Trying to run an old OS on a modern computer is a bad idea. If you don't like Windows 8, Windows 7 is a far better substitute. But not as easily pirateable..which I honestly believe is a reason some people have held onto XP and continue to use it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.
Windows 8 Is Faster, Smoother im fine with windows 8 and i like it.Also i see a huge performance in games.If you miss Start button i recommend to try StartIsBack StartIsBack - real start menu in Windows 8 exactly same as the start menu in windows 7 (no adds etc) you can have both btw.old start button + Metro UI . You can start metro UI when you click with the wheeel Button from your mouse on the old start menu icon .

Regards :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Microsoft Windows 8 Pro with Media Center 64-bit
    Self built
    CPU
    ntel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X58A-UD3R (Socket 1366)
    Memory
    Corsair 12,0 GB Triple-Channel DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
    Sound Card
    Asus XonarDX
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LF Flatron W2363V
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    1x Intel SSD 40 GB
    1x Samsung 500 GB
    1x WD 120 GB
    1x Samsung G3 Station External 1 TB
    PSU
    Corsair 800 W
    Case
    Coolmaster HAF 932
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-U9B SE2
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wireless Photo Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Sidewinder Wired
    Internet Speed
    Down : 24 Mbps Up: 1 Mbps
I just had to buy a new comp...(P2-1343w) with windows 8
I what to rid it of windows 8..and go to windows xp
what do i need to do this?

Hi there
I'll be kind as it's your Post nr 1 (but I have to say this type of post has a bit of a stink of "Troll" about it -but as it's your FIRST Post I'll give you the benefit of the doubt).

Modern computers are basically NOT SUITED at all to Windows XP

1) Memory size > 4GB won't be addressed.

2) Newer advances in Video technology, Bus design and CPU instructions can't be back ported to XP.

3) Your disks will be at least SATA drives, probably even SATA II. Without a lot of fiddling around XP only "Natively" supports IDE, so the first time you try and install XP you''ll probably get "No Hard Disks found" message. Now if you understand how to slipstream new SATA drivers into an XP install disk then you really don't need ANY HELP for your post.

4) USB3 certainly won't be Natively supported on XP and even USB2 can be a bit of a nightmare to find correct drivers for XP.

5) all new machines are 64 bit capable --Win XP is a 32 bit OS. You are better off on newer hardware running x-64 OS'es.

If you want to run XP --that's fine but you should do this in a VIRTUAL MACHINE. -Loads of people run XP VM's on this Forum and will give you help on setting up an XP VM if you ask.

I can understand if you want to "Downgrade" to Win 7 that's a perfectly valid and reasonable request - many people are doing just that -- the instructions for performing that task are on the Forum --just search.

(It also seems to me to confirm my opening remark in this post -- we have 4 pages of replies --yet no response whatsoever from the OP --- just making a casual observation here).

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
i am running xp on this board here .sata 6 [ASUS M4A88T-V EVO AM3 AMD 880G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard]
and not on ide .
ide only work on sata 2 not on sata 3 so this board do run on sata2 .
and xp work fine on this board

My Computer

i am running xp on this board here .sata 6 [ASUS M4A88T-V EVO AM3 AMD 880G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard]
and not on ide .
ide only work on sata 2 not on sata 3 so this board do run on sata2 .
and xp work fine on this board

Hi there
If you load the drivers or had the XP system already installed -- fine -- however a "Standard Ms Retail" XP install disk doesn't have the SATA drivers already installed (even the with SP3). You need to slipstream these manually first otherwise XP won't find any HDD to install to.

I wasn't telling the OP that it was IMPOSSIBLE to run XP on newer hardware --just saying a) it's not really worth it, and b) you have to do a bit of "prep work" to get XP to install on newer hardware.

The standard XP install prompts you with F6 at install time if you want to load additional drivers from a "FLOPPY DISK". since computers don't have these anymore you will need another method to get these drivers on to the install disk first. This is usually done by "Slipstreaming".

A Pre-installed XP system will have this already done.

If your hardware still has IDE connections (rare these days) then you CAN install directly.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
thank .
i do have all the mc cd for all window .32 and 64 bits .all of them .i did pay a lot to buy them ..
now as for the xp driver for 32 bits i did not do it .my next door did install the driver .all i know he came up and found all the driver on the net .so they have to there some were .
but before that i did download all the motherboard driver using the cd that came with the mobo .
not only that after the install you get these window update and a lot of them are driver update .
like on window7 there over 160 of window update maybe more after the install

My Computer

yvesj you are offtopic for a few reasons.

he isn't using an aftermarket motherboard.

he won't have any install disks of any kind, the op will need to burn off the recovery media to usb/dvd before even considering downgrading, there are no motherboard driver disks that come from oem's like HP/Acer/Lenovo/Dell they do not supply those anymore.

the only way we can answer his question is if he lists the model number as the number he lists is for an HP tower but there is no record of it...keeps sending me to andora and there are no drivers.

Installing xp is not a good idea even if he can do it, due to limited support and frankly colossal security holes make it no really very good these days.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
there are no motherboard driver disks that come from oem's like HP/Acer/Lenovo/Dell they do not supply those anymore

Sorry I just get a Dell Latitude and it come with a Windows 8 Disk and I the drivers disk, you have to check the option for the Windows 8 disk .

delll.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
I like Windows 8 very much , again it varies from person to person opinion . Give it some time and you will adapt to its environment.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 64 bit & Windows 8
    Self Assembled
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 930
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA X58A UD7
    Memory
    Gskill 2x3 GB of Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5870
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung Monitor ( single ) 20"
    Screen Resolution
    1600 X 900
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1 TB Barracuda
    PSU
    Cooler Master GX650 W
    Case
    Cooler Master 690 II plus
    Cooling
    Intel Stock Cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15 gaming keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX518
    Internet Speed
    3.1 Mbps Wireless Internet Modem [ Photon ]
    Other Info
    Xbox 360 Wired Controller
    AverMedia TV tuner Card [Internal]
    Logitech HD C110 Web Camera
    Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router
    Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha Control Edition Mouse
actually i'd be surprised if there was even xp driver support for a new machine.

I tried to install both a home and pro version XP on my new machine and got a blue screen.

I made a direct jump from XP to 8 and would never go back.

I started with a late consumer preview of 8 and am already having to think about how to do things when working on an XP machine.

Every release of Windows has caused me some rather delightful problems. I try to do it the old way and find out it is much simpler now.

Remember what the world was like before the right click?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8 release canadate
Back