CPU
    Intel 1.7 GHz i3 Core
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    500 GB
    Internet Speed
    8 Mbps
What application are you using that is defaulting to "Onedrive\Documents"?

If you are using Microsoft Office programs like Word or Excel then change the location of the "Default Local File Location" to "C:\Users\Your Username\Documents". To do this open Word or Excel then click on "File", "Options" and then the "Save" option. Here you may see "Default Local File Location" set to "Onedrive\Documents" so change the path to "C:\Users\Your Username\Documents".

Ken

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
thanks wiganken

both MS Office Excel and HP Deskjet Ink Advanatge 2136 (All in one printer, ie scanner+printer+copier) default Scanner application uses "Onedrive\Documents"

MS office Excel uses "C:\Users\Adil\Documents" as Default file location but when i try to save the new document it shows "Onedrive\Documents"

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion
    CPU
    Intel 1.7 GHz i3 Core
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    500 GB
    Internet Speed
    8 Mbps
You obviously have Microsoft OneDrive installed and it seems like a OneDrive setting needs changing. The following link refers to Windows 10 but it may apply to Windows 8.1 as well because OneDrive is an application separate from the OS. See following link showing how to do this: - Files save to OneDrive by default in Windows 10 - OneDrive.

Give it a go.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
onedrive setting didnt offer much help

i have restarted my computer many times, still yellow sign on onedrive icon
and also when i click on "Click on PC Setting" it says "Sorry we couldnt open PC Settings. Please try again or try restarting"

see the following screen shots

Attachments

• one drive 3.JPG
    one drive 3.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 64
  • one drive 4.JPG
    one drive 4.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 56
  • one drvie 2.JPG
    one drvie 2.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 56
  • one drive 1.jpg
    one drive 1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 52

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion
    CPU
    Intel 1.7 GHz i3 Core
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    500 GB
    Internet Speed
    8 Mbps
ok MS Excel default location changed to "Documents" when i saved a new excel sheet in "Documents" folder

but not the HP all in one default Scanner application

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion
    CPU
    Intel 1.7 GHz i3 Core
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    500 GB
    Internet Speed
    8 Mbps
Is your user profile set as an "Administrator" or "Standard User"? To change settings you need to be an "Administrator". If there is only one user (you) on your PC/Laptop then it should be an Administrator account but not necessarily so. If there is more than one user then you may not be the Administrator and you need to ask the Administrator to make the changes for you or ask them to change your account to an Administrator type. If you are the only user but you are not an Administrator then you can use the (hidden by default) Administrator account to make changes. See following link on how to show the hidden Administrator account: - Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8. You then use this to make settings changes.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
i have four users on my laptop, two administrator and two standard user. i am administrator, the other administrator account i have is for backup purposes and i dont used it all, i created the backup administrator account, in case some thing to my administrator account.

wiganken i highly appreciate you taking out time to help me with your busy schedule

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion
    CPU
    Intel 1.7 GHz i3 Core
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    500 GB
    Internet Speed
    8 Mbps
i dont want to uninstall onedrive as i am using it

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion
    CPU
    Intel 1.7 GHz i3 Core
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    500 GB
    Internet Speed
    8 Mbps
I can't help you other than to say that an icon which has a yellow triangle and a black exclamation mark attached to it is how Windows shows that there is an error with the (OneDrive) application. I can see this yellow triangle attached to the OneDrive icon in the graphics you posted in your post #5. This error could be anything and so not something easily helped remotely. Have you tried doing a Reset of OneDrive? I believe this keeps your files but check out the pros and cons of doing this first. Sorry I can't be more help.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Back