FILE: W8EntN.x64.RTM.EN-CtrlSoft.iso
SIZE: 3,168,436,224 bytes
CRC-32: 3B2EDC62
MD5: A5A2E1AF1A48D3655C08F384D7408F83
SHA-1: EA02303283F24EB1942D39B1272D2F07B18B4645

windows-8-rtm.jpg

A Guy

Hi there
It's out in the wild on nearly every "Sensible" (if there is such a thing) Torrent site as well -- but I'll wait a week. TechNet will be a more reliable source too.

I notice this site (my alternative to the currently down *****OID site) shows some with as many as 1600 seeders too. It started appearing about 12 hours ago so we have to say this week looks likely for a real release or certainly with the next 14 days.

Not sure what these Torrent downloaders will do about activating the thing either

However if all these people are actually downloading it --perhaps there IS a demand for W8 after all --so we shall see. !!!

Cheers
jimbo

Attachments

• w8torrent.png
    w8torrent.png
    15 KB · Views: 2,446

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
I doubt it. Jimbo. I think it is just over excitement combined with curiosity.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Use several different computers during a day, so specs are irrelevant.
I'm with Davehc, I think a lot of people just want to see what Microsoft has done in the final release. They want to know what's been added or removed before they actually think about spending any money. I was contemplating spending the 40 bucks to run it on one of my PC's, but after reading some comments on the UI changes, I don't think I'm going to bother. From the sounds of things they just made it worse. I haven't downloaded the RTM leaked build yet. I don't have a Technet account, so it will be just a 30 day run for me. Assuming I can find a source I trust. I have no interest in running an OS with somebody else's Bonus Extras added to it. For now I'll just search out and look at some screen shoots.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB 4GBx2 Kingston PC10600 DDR3 1333 Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA Geforce GT640 2 Gig DDR3 PCIe
    Sound Card
    VIA VT1708s High Definition Audio 8-channel Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" LG E2242 1080p and 2 19" I-INC AG191D
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024 - 1920x1080 - 1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD and 500 GB WD Blue SATA
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Power Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K350 Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Trackball and T650 TouchPad
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HP DVD1040e Lightscribe - External USB2
Hi there
actually some of the "better" and well moderated torrent sites are "relatively safe" in so far as anything is "Safe" on the Internet -- I doubt if these leaked versions yet contain nasties -- the checksums seem to match against the "Official ones" and you are just as likely to get a virus from visiting a dubious web site as downloading this type of torrent.

Once you start playing with Key gens and registry hacks that's another issue altogether.

It's also almost impossible to fake the checksums as well -- not impossible but if you COULD do this you'd probably be in a hugely well paid job in security / encryption or working on some "Black Op" for the CIA or similar organisation -- and these types of ops DO exist --they aren't figments of people's imagination either. The CIA probably has people actively working right now on how to cause huge Dos attacks on say computers in Iran or whatever country the US feels is threatening IT'S interests either rightly or wrongly. Disruption of electronic communications these days can be more damaging to a country in the long term than even a physical attack

When W7 was in "development" loads of people were downloading the latest builds for AGES before the RTM came about and from what I remember back on W7 Forum in those days very few if anybody got a "Doctored" copy of Windows.

I'm actually glad this stuff has been let loose into the wild since Ms might just as well release its OFFICIAL build on to TechNet and MDN without any more delay since there's nothing to wait for.

I might even be tempted to download the wretched thing while watching the start of the Olympic Athletics today.

I wasn't going to but seeing on the old "Pussies" (most of their stuff seems to have originated from *****OID !!!) torrent site download speeds of 2,000 kb/s and more with around 2,000 seeders it won't take long to download the thing anyway. - I can at least see what all the fuss is about too. You don't have to activate for 30 days -- anyway I'll install as a Virtual Machine so I won't break anything on my main computer.

In some ways it's a bit like "Try before you buy" software -- it gives a LOT of people a chance to have a look at it when they wouldn't otherwise get to see it.

I suspect it was actually leaked by the group within Ms itself who want to either push on with W7's delayed SP2 or those who want to keep the desktop and have nothing to do with Metro. We know there was a lot of infighting at Ms over the role of the desktop in W8. !! Don't you just love conspiracy theories --but I think this one has a better ring of truth to it than most.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Each build of win8 is worse than the previous one.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
i have this rtm on my pc as we speak its the European enterprise version of windows eight and its very fast also there's alot more alert sounds

My Computer

I have the leak installed and it fails to activate. The message it show is:
"Windows couldn't be activated
Error code 0x8007232B.
DNS name does not exist"

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Android 4.0.4
The CIA probably has people actively working right now on how to cause huge Dos attacks on say computers in Iran or whatever country the US feels is threatening IT'S interests either rightly or wrongly. Disruption of electronic communications these days can be more damaging to a country in the long term than even a physical attack

No need for DOS attacks. The U.S has already been pointed at by Kaspersky of developing virus' that attacked specific middle east locations disrupting services like powering off generators etc. Just imagine a virus that is capable of targeting a nuclear reactor and not only disrupting power but turning off cooling towers and causing meltdowns etc. Cyber Wars is no longer science fiction.

I suspect it was actually leaked by the group within Ms itself who want to either push on with W7's delayed SP2 or those who want to keep the desktop and have nothing to do with Metro.

Some times I wonder if these so called leaks aren't planned. Take AutoCad for instance, when they were entering the market many years ago Intergraph was THE software of choice for CAD. Autocad "leaked" their software out and companies got their hands on it, basically AutoCad became the company it is through piracy. Then they turn around against it giving rewards out to anyone that gives info on pirated copies being used.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7, Windows 8 RP
I doubt it. Jimbo. I think it is just over excitement combined with curiosity.
As what happens with EVERY unauthorized leak... :) Leaks are fun.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
I don't know, I'll wait a bit further until someone leaks a TechNet build (if there isn't a key needed before install) and we'll see. I have a suspicion that the leaked RTM isn't the actual RTM per se, but just a build in the RTM branch. Who know, the final code might had been finalized on July 29th for all we know....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Love me some leaks! :dinesh:

But shoot, this leak will DEMAND a key at setup.....me wonders if upgrade install will work...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus

But shoot, this leak will DEMAND a key at setup.....me wonders if upgrade install will work...

Hi there - It doesn't -- Enterprise version doesn't seem to want to -- also for Enterprise the "Rearm" trick works 1000 times -- Win 7 only works 3.

I know a lot of people aren't the most bright - but if it had needed a product key at setup somebody would have mentioned it before the torrent downloading numbers became (and still are) huge. !!!

If you want to risk it just install. It's an Enterprise version so eventually you'll need a proper license server or individual unique key from Ms to activate permanently. In any case I'd install this on a Virtual Machine first.

Note also that the PROD.INI file you used to get with a trial key (enter the value in prod.ini into the serial number) doesn't exist any more -- Finally as far as I can glean from "unspecified sources" Ms have decided that keys will be uniquely assigned on INDIVIDUAL downloads so this should stop a lot of piracy (won't stop the "pros" of course but it will stop 99.9% of "Casual piracy" if you understand what I mean.

They should have taken this approach YEARS ago -- seems obvious to me -- tie in a unique serial number to each purchase --this serial number to be uniquely stored APART from the key rather than do the whole kybosh with "Product ID's " or whatever.

They could easily include a unique scrambled GUID into each copy of Windows and link this to some identifying data so they could easily find out the source of the piracy.

Cheers
jimbo

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Not for the company :)

Downloading it RIGHT NOW

I GET UP TO 30 MBPS WHAT THE HECK
I never experienced more than 9 Mbps while using 100 Mbps

update: nah, just temporary

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 RP x64
    Sony Vaio
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon
    Sound Card
    Unknown but okay
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ??
    Screen Resolution
    Internet Speed
    slow

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows 8 Enterprise N x64
    Me, myself and I
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 930 4GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P6X58D-E
    Memory
    Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 3x4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    2x Sapphire 7970 OC
    Sound Card
    Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung Syncmaster S23A750D
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 120Hz
    Hard Drives
    OCZ Agility 3 240GB 6GB/s
    WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III
    WD Caviar Green 1TB
    WD Caviar Green 2TB mounted in Chieftec Black Box USB3.0
    PSU
    Chieftec APS-850C
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14
    Keyboard
    Qpad MK80
    Mouse
    Logitech MX518
    Internet Speed
    25/25Mbps
Hopefully we can get the Pro version :D
I wouldn't want to waste a download of Enterprise as I certainly am not planning on sticking with it xD

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer Aspire V3-531G
    CPU
    Intel B960 Sandy Bridge (2.2GHz, 2MB L3 cache)
    Motherboard
    Intel® HM77 Express
    Memory
    6GB (4+2) DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce GT630M with 1GB dedicated VRAM + Intel HD
    Sound Card
    Integrated audio with 2xHigh Definition Dolby® v4 speakers
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6" HD LED Acer CineCrystal™ (high-brightness 200-nit)
    Screen Resolution
    1.366 x 768 (WXGA)
    Hard Drives
    500GB SATA
    Keyboard
    Acer FineTip & MultiTouch Touchpad
    Internet Speed
    ADSL 5M
Just a thought - has anyone been brave / stupid enough to attempt to buy a legitimate key from Windows 8 Pro? For me if I click buy a key it quotes me £49.99 and something like £11 if I want a dvd and asks for billing details
Would be a great coup - people who pirate it are being offered the option to buy a legit key from windows before release at a slightly more expensive price than the known offer in a few months... (But get a full activated copy today..)

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
I wouldn't want to waste a download of Enterprise as I certainly am not planning on sticking with it xD

I suspect the Pro version won't install without a product key. I'm not sure, but I believe that ability is an Enterprise thing. I could be wrong, though.

I installed the Enterprise version just to see the final Desktop UI in action, and a couple of other things - I want to make sure they didn't screw up my tweaks between Release Preview and the final RTM. So far, so good, and the Desktop UI isn't that bad - no Aero on the taskbar and no Glass transparency on title bars - I can live with that.

Onward...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Compac Presario SR5518F
    CPU
    Dual Pentium E2180 (2 GHz)
    Motherboard
    MS-7525 (Boston)
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT

Hi there - It doesn't -- Enterprise version doesn't seem to want to -- also for Enterprise the "Rearm" trick works 1000 times -- Win 7 only works 3.

I know a lot of people aren't the most bright - but if it had needed a product key at setup somebody would have mentioned it before the torrent downloading numbers became (and still are) huge. !!!

If you want to risk it just install. It's an Enterprise version so eventually you'll need a proper license server or individual unique key from Ms to activate permanently. In any case I'd install this on a Virtual Machine first.

Note also that the PROD.INI file you used to get with a trial key (enter the value in prod.ini into the serial number) doesn't exist any more -- Finally as far as I can glean from "unspecified sources" Ms have decided that keys will be uniquely assigned on INDIVIDUAL downloads so this should stop a lot of piracy (won't stop the "pros" of course but it will stop 99.9% of "Casual piracy" if you understand what I mean.

They should have taken this approach YEARS ago -- seems obvious to me -- tie in a unique serial number to each purchase --this serial number to be uniquely stored APART from the key rather than do the whole kybosh with "Product ID's " or whatever.

They could easily include a unique scrambled GUID into each copy of Windows and link this to some identifying data so they could easily find out the source of the piracy.

Cheers
jimbo
Oh you can rearm it more than 3 times?! FANTASTIC! Then I can use it over the Release Preview! Them sounds are cool!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus

I suspect the Pro version won't install without a product key. I'm not sure, but I believe that ability is an Enterprise thing. I could be wrong, though.

I installed the Enterprise version just to see the final Desktop UI in action, and a couple of other things - I want to make sure they didn't screw up my tweaks between Release Preview and the final RTM. So far, so good, and the Desktop UI isn't that bad - no Aero on the taskbar and no Glass transparency on title bars - I can live with that.

Onward...

yes need a product key for pro but there about if you look not gonna post any here got it installed on mine to try it and got media center too will certainly be buying it when it available

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 update 1 Pro X64 with WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    intel i7 2600k
    Motherboard
    Asrock H61M-VG3
    Memory
    16GB