Windows 8 Pro, screen goes black and back to lock screen

jimforjesus

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro. Everytime or almost everytime I click on an app or go to the desktop and try to get on IE 10 (desktop version), my screen flashes and goes black for a few seconds then returns me to the screen with the space needle, then I click on it and it signs me back in. When I try to use Google Chrome, the websites freeze up on me. I don't want to have to reinstall/reformat as I paid $40 for this for one, and secondly, I don't want to have to repurchase Office 2010 as my licenses ran out. Please help. I ran every update that comes up and restart, but this doesn't change this issue. I'm hoping there will be a patch or service pack or some update that will fix this. Any ideas why it does this and any way to fix it without reformatting?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Sonya Vaio
    Motherboard
    ?
    Memory
    Intel iCore 3 processor
    Graphics Card(s)
    ?
I had the same problem at first. Then one day the listing of all my apps disappeared. I did a refresh and lost a lot of programs but the files were still there. Then I noticed that the problem with the apps had fixed itself and they worked. My feeling is that the initial install wasn't complete and the refresh completed the install. Recently, after loading my Epson printer's CD, the apps once again disappeared. Had to do a system restore. Now I am having trouble with my screen just being black and not coming on at all...even after a reboot. Win8 has a lot of problems.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8
Please Help!!!! Major installation issues

I purchased the Windows 8 upgrade from Windows 7 and installed it. After I installed it, I noticed that when trying to open certain apps, use IE 10 on the desktop or other functions, my screen would go black and return to the lock screen. I tried several things such as refresh, saving a backup on another hard drive and even a fresh reinstall. Now that I've reinstalled it, the display is distorted and everything is bigger than its supposed to be and stretched out too, almost like it's in some type of safe mode. I tried to adjust the display, but it doesnt' change it. Can anyone help me. I've tried doing all the cleaning, refreshing, making backups on dvds/flash drives, etc. and now that I've done a complete reinstall, the display is distorted, text too large and icons stretched out. Could it be because I purchased an upgrade and not the complete OS? Please help. I like Windows 8 but want it to work. I could restore it with the backup, which will resolve the distortion, but it will have that black screen problem again. Please please help. I paid $40 and don't want to waste it by reinstalling Windows 7 and not being able to use Windows 8.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Sonya Vaio
    Motherboard
    ?
    Memory
    Intel iCore 3 processor
    Graphics Card(s)
    ?