Windows 8 Mouse Lag

Thxx

Hi. I just restored my Windows 8 as an attempt to solve some problems I was having, the complete restoration was over a few minutes ago and right now I'm installing my antivirus.

But a problem persists in appearing, when performing some functions like opening the browser, the mouse cursor is slow, and even jumps up the screen as I move the mouse. The problem happens after a while, but when opening a website in a new tab or a program, the cursor is slow again for some time

I noticed that this problem happens when the CPU usage of the computer is high (close to 100%).

There is no way the possibility of being third party files that are causing the problem, I just do a complete restore and the only thing installed are the Windows programs and the antivirus! Then Clean Boot will not be necessary.

I use a Sony VAIO Notebook model SVS13A25PBS with Windows 8 PRO 64bits.

As I intend to use my computer to play games online, I decided to do a test in Paladins, a game that flows super well on my pc, and I noticed that with this cursor problem, it becomes impossible to play, since I have to make many moves to control the view of my character, and with the cursor jumping on the screen and "tapping" becomes impossible.

. There is no chance of being problems with my mouse because I tested it on another computer and it worked perfectly.

. I tried the "Activate the system to get the best performance" option I read in an internet posting from someone with the same problem, it did not work.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Browser
    Google Chrome
Try shutting down some of the unnecessary apps and see if that helps. On the other hand you can also check your memory usage by going into Task Manager. For that right-click on your Start bar and select Task Manager. Then select [More details] and go to the [Performance] tab. There you can see if you have any abnormally high memory usage. By doing that it will help and resolve you mouse lagging issue.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
The fact that the problem happens when the CPU usage of the computer is high (close to 100%) tells me that something is running in the background, consuming all available CPU resources. When this happens, the mouse has to wait its turn; that is why there is a delay.

I agree with Adukin - go into Task Manager and see what is consuming so much of the CPU's resources. Write down whatever is a high usage item. Then run MSCONFIG and see if the stuff you found in Task Manager is listed on the STARTUP or SERVICES tabs. If it is, disable it. Click APPLY, then reboot. See if the problem has gone away.

It is possible that you picked up a virus which is doing bitcoin mining. This type of virus will cause your CPU to operate at 100%. It will also cause your computer to run hot because of all of the increased load it is putting on the CPU, and possibly on your graphics card as well. I suggest you download and run Speedfan (SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer) to see if your computer's internal temperatures are high.

Do a full malware scan, to see if there is any malware on your computer.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 18.2 xfce 64-bit (host OS) / Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit (virtual machine)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 3847
    CPU
    Haswell
    Memory
    12 GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 23"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Two hard drives, 1TB each: One for Linux, one for my data.
    Keyboard
    IBM Model M
    Browser
    Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer
    Antivirus
    Sophos (Linux), Windows Defender (Windows)
    Other Info
    I use Samba to share my data drive with the other computers at my house.
Back