Solved Windows 8 Memory Management/Leaks

Did you check all these solutions:
1. Windows Network Data Usage Monitor + Realtek: post310078. Thanks to w0rtez

2. AppleCharger.sys: post368952. Thanks to LiviuS

3. ESET Smart Security: post369017. Thanks to LowPressure

4. Bandwith Control on the Killer Network Manager: post388189. Thanks to Spellbound

1. tried, didnt work

and for the other three, id don't have those files on my pc. don't use eset and don't have a qualcomm or gigabyte driver.

You should start using RamMap to check if the problem is in Nonpaged Pool, then try using Driver Verifier if theres a problem with an specific driver, if not, then you should do what cuberti told me and see if he can help you, check here: http://www.eightforums.com/performa...s-8-memory-management-leaks-4.html#post287155

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
I wanted to add to this thread. I had the same problem running win 8.1 with an asus motherboard with realtek onboard sound. 16gb of ram was at 85% and I finally found a nonpaged pool(using RAMMap) that was doing it, running 13g to 14g of memory.

Assuming this was the problem, and windows telling me that drivers were up to date, I went to Lenovo's driver updates and got realtek's latest win8 64bit drivers and installed. 2 reboots later, with new drivers, my 16gb of ram are now running at 10%.

I do not know at this point if the spool will regrow, but it is definitely a realtek/win8 issue as w0rtez mentions.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
Hi There,

I may have a solution for your problem. I would suggest you to download Advanced System Care 8 Pro(ASC) for your windows.

After Downloading that go to the ToolBox and Select>Startup manager. NOw you will see the apps that will start running when your system bootsup.
Remove all the unwanted tasks from that like Utorrents and java updater etc. But do not disable anything like Persisten modules and driver programs.

After doing this go to Taskmanager>Performance>open resource monitor(windows 8). now it will show you how much memory is being currently used.
Now go to ASC>Toolbox>smartram. At first run Smart Clean and then run deep clean. BEcause Deep clean itself requires a lot of memory. so first use smart clean and then deep clean.
It will show how much memory it has cleaned.
You can also lookup these changes at Resource monitor you have opened.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP
    CPU
    Core i3
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    AVG
. I would suggest you to download Advanced System Care 8 Pro(ASC) for your windows.
Will cause even worse problems, possibly render system unusable in the long run.

ToolBox and Select>Startup manager
Windows 8.x.x whas a Startup tab in Task Manager: no need for 3rd party phone home software.

ASC>Toolbox>smartram.
Ram cleaners and memory optimizers just put stuff in the page file causing the system to slow down or bottle neck see this article at How-To-Geek.

To fix an uninstall/clean all traces/reinstall of program/driver helps if after using ctrl alt del stopped the leak.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Update Pro in Hyper-V/Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Cliff's Black & Blue Wonder
    CPU
    Intel Core i9-9900K
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
    Memory
    32 GB Quad Kit, G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series schwarz, DDR4-3866, 18-19-19-39-2T
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 ROG Strix O24G, 24576 MB GDDR6X
    Sound Card
    (1) HD Webcam C270 (2) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (3) Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    BenQ BL2711U(4K) and a hp 27vx(1080p)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 x 32 bits (4294967296 colors) @ 60 Hz
    Hard Drives
    C: Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD
    E: & O: Libraries & OneDrive-> Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    D: Hyper-V VM's -> Samsung PM951 Client M.2 512Gb SSD
    G: System Images -> HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    PSU
    Corsair HX1000i High Performance ATX Power Supply 80+ Platinum
    Case
    hanteks Enthoo Pro TG
    Cooling
    Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB TT Premium-Edition 360mm and 3 Corsair blue LED fans
    Keyboard
    Trust GTX THURA
    Mouse
    Trust GTX 148
    Internet Speed
    25+/5+ (+usually faster)
    Browser
    Edge; Chrome; IE11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender of course & Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit as a
    Other Info
    Router: FRITZ!Box 7590 AX V2
    Sound system: SHARP HT-SBW460 Dolby Atmos Soundbar
    Webcam: Logitech BRIO ULTRA HD PRO WEBCAM 4K webcam with HDR
Advanced System Care is by IOBit, a company that has a poor reputation with most experienced members of this forum. I would not recommend any of their products. Windows 8 has excellent memory management and has no need for and will not benefit from third party memory managers, optimizers, cleaners, etc. In spite of claims they might make, no third party utility can solve a memory leak.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Hello guys,

I thought i was going mad for googling over and over but since i came to this thread, now i m a bit relieved because im not the only one going through this. My laptop is a toshiba i7-4700mq, windows 8.1 single language x64, 8 gb rams and bought it like 9 months ago but since these 2 weeks im suffering this non paged pool memory stuff. I ve noticed that my memory usage seemed high and my pc was sluggish even in normal daily usage. I looked at task manager, my profile was using only 1 gb but the memory is shown full at 7 gb / 8gb. Then i started googling to discover the source of the problem, i found rammap then i ran it and saw that my nonpaged pool is consuming 3.7 gigs.

- The problem with the memory starts when Windows 8 starts. It doesnt get smaller or bigger in time.
- I have already disabled NDU, changed value to 4
- I dont play battlefield or any other games as this is a business PC.
- My card is Nvidia
- I dont have any Intellimemory.
- I dont have Ather Killer Network manager although they are atheros (
ethernet : Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30 )
wifi : Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter
- I have downloaded Windows Performance Recorder and my .etl file is ready to be uploaded.
- I run Driver Verifier and chose "Automatically select unsigned drivers" but it said it didn't find any.
- I have attached Rammap screenshot.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE ! : I AM SUCH A FOOL PERSON THAT AFTER DISABLING NDU I DIDNT RESTART MY PC. I ONLY SHUT OFF. AND BECAUSE OF THIS FAST BOOT THING I GUESS THE SETTINGS WERE NOT SAVED. NOW THE PROBLEM IS GONE !!!!!

Attachments

• Nonpagedpool.jpg
    Nonpagedpool.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Welcome to the forum CanRaps.
You should create a new thread for your question. Trying to help multiple individuals in one thread is confusing for everyone involved. The symptoms may be the same but the causes very different.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Hello guys,

I thought i was going mad for googling over and over but since i came to this thread, now i m a bit relieved because im not the only one going through this. My laptop is a toshiba i7-4700mq, windows 8.1 single language x64, 8 gb rams and bought it like 9 months ago but since these 2 weeks im suffering this non paged pool memory stuff. I ve noticed that my memory usage seemed high and my pc was sluggish even in normal daily usage. I looked at task manager, my profile was using only 1 gb but the memory is shown full at 7 gb / 8gb. Then i started googling to discover the source of the problem, i found rammap then i ran it and saw that my nonpaged pool is consuming 3.7 gigs.

- The problem with the memory starts when Windows 8 starts. It doesnt get smaller or bigger in time.
- I have already disabled NDU, changed value to 4
- I dont play battlefield or any other games as this is a business PC.
- My card is Nvidia
- I dont have any Intellimemory.
- I dont have Ather Killer Network manager although they are atheros (
ethernet : Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30 )
wifi : Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter
- I have downloaded Windows Performance Recorder and my .etl file is ready to be uploaded.
- I run Driver Verifier and chose "Automatically select unsigned drivers" but it said it didn't find any.
- I have attached Rammap screenshot.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE ! : I AM SUCH A FOOL PERSON THAT AFTER DISABLING NDU I DIDNT RESTART MY PC. I ONLY SHUT OFF. AND BECAUSE OF THIS FAST BOOT THING I GUESS THE SETTINGS WERE NOT SAVED. NOW THE PROBLEM IS GONE !!!!!

Glad... It help you out... :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
I've had this issue for a few months now, the moment I disabled ndu my problems were solved. Thank you so much w0rtez. I made an account just to tell you this.

And for reference I do have Killer

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
I've had this issue for a few months now, the moment I disabled ndu my problems were solved. Thank you so much w0rtez. I made an account just to tell you this.

And for reference I do have Killer

Thanks. I just wanted to help everyone out there with that annoying problem... Glad it worked out for you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
I made an account to give a shoutout to Spell (guy) with the Killer Network fix. This was driving me crazy, tried everything I could think of. Ends up just being a checkbox. Mad love yo. Thanks

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I made an account to give a shoutout to Spell (guy) with the Killer Network fix. This was driving me crazy, tried everything I could think of. Ends up just being a checkbox. Mad love yo. Thanks

Glad i could help you out...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
Back